Notes/productivity

What does/g/ use for notes a productivity?

Pic related is what im currently using. Considering buying the premium version can anyone recomend?

Attached: standard-notes-tile.jpg (1089x575, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/WuTheFWasThat/vimflowy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

org-mode

inb4 that contrarian that posts "pen and notepad"

pen and notepad
computer based note taking is not effective

one note no bully

How is it not effective? It can sync across all devices.

asciidoc

OneNote
I use only Microsoft products

My handwriting is too shit for that.

Onenote > Evernote

vi

cherrytree

fpbp

org-mode

Integrates with e-mail, calendars, etc and can be customized to your requirements.

OneNote 2016

Unfortunately those fucks at MS decided to scrap it in favor of the dumbed down store app.

I use an implementation of the todo.txt format.
Recently I found an app on F-Droid called "Markor". It uses simple txt files and collects them in a folder. The todo.txt format allows you to organize todos with dates, projects, context and priority.
Markor also uses .md files for various other notes. To keep my notes on my phone and my computers in sync I use syncthing. Simply share the folder among your computers and you always have the most updated notes available on any device.
On my computer I use vim with a plugin and syntax highlighting for easier editing.
It took me so long to find something that is simple and always synchronized across my devices and I'm happy I found a solution. You should check it out aswell.

Attached: .png (706x259, 319K)

Ones you get a lot of notes which you are afraid to lose, you don't want to chain yourself to any kind of application anymore.
Text files are the most robust and portable thing there is and your standard Unix tools (like grep) are the best thing there is for working with text and files.
Also, it's not really about technology and more about the system.
I use a system called Zettelkasten where every note has a unique ID, a title and tags.

Attached: 1531250309592.png (299x370, 1K)

Patrician.

Trello and Apple Notes

windows/ntfs acl > loonix' rwx

Samsung notes

I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a self host replacement for wunderlist, the closest thing I can find is task warrior but it's not normie friendly enough for the wife. Anyone got any ideas?

The only possible answer

A script that opens/creates a rich text file for the current date and opens it in wordpad. Windows search to search in the files.
I do mixed notes, journal, pictures, whatever.

laverna

Unironically one note is goat. Unfortunately it doesn't support code snippets well.

When I was at uni I either used pen and paper or Markdown.

OneNote is one the handful remaining Microsoft programs that are actually good

txt files

>Unfortunately those fucks at MS decided to scrap it in favor of the dumbed down store app.
They're gunna put all the functionality of 2016 into the UWP version.

I had been using Workflowy but have become a bit of a cheapskate, just found this clone of workflowy that has vim-binding capabilities built in. Might spin an instance of it up and toy with it this weekend.

github.com/WuTheFWasThat/vimflowy

wwhat is ZIM-desk?

>how is it not effective
Not that guy, but for me its because its much easier to support the things you write with diagrams and graphs than pure text.

Obviously if you have pen based input it ends up being the same thing though.

My guess is that computer based not taking is "too easy." In the case of school notes I rarely ever go back and actually look at them, the act of scribbling them down is what commits them to memory. For a to-do list it's fine but depends on your environment.

the only non-memer here

Just buy a stylus then. Makes it so much easier to highlight, color code, etc. your notes as well. Not counting also including full images added on top of that for easier understanding.

>taking notes

fucking nerds

>Pic related is what im currently using.
What is it?

Standard Notes

Everything's encrypted and open source. They have the option for a premium service that includes a bunch of plugins for $35 a year

Which you need to buy if you're going to be taking notes worth a shit and not just an endless barrage of text.

If I need to share my notes with normies, I use zim, which is a personal wiki that can export to HTML and LaTeX.

If I'm taking normal notes, I'll use org-mode.

Exactly why i put i was considerimg buying in the OP. Think im just gonna go with one note though since my new job is all Microsoft shit anyway.

This is literally just a clone of Apple's Notes app. Holy shit.

I don't take a lot of notes so I keep a notebook near my desk for the occasional thing I have to jot down. I prefer the analog way when it comes to stuff like that

Going to college this fall, thinking of using one note as I have access to office through my school email account and back in 2005 when I last went to school it seemed like the best

Attached: Screenshot_20180714-092232_OneNote.jpg (1440x2960, 661K)

One Note is too slow to use in real time. It's best for organizing and sharing your notes after you take them. When I went to uni, I got really fast at typing and just used org-mode to take notes during class.

Boostnote since it supports inline latex and syntax highlighting.

What do you mean too slow? Is it better suited for an office environment?

Im starting a data analyst job and im considering using onenote or paying for standard notes.

Nano.
Stop using macshit.

Bump

org-mode
Emacs
Nextcloud
Orgzly

kek

Please explain how a combination of typed text and pen input can be slower than alternative methods of note taking.

a group of text files that automatically commit to a gitlab repo (github doesn't allow private repos)

I message myself in slack. The most recent thing is always the priority and I delete older items.