Best Fanless Laptops

I'm considering getting a Dell XPS 15 laptop, but I've heard the fan noise can be an issue.

dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-9370-Fan-Noise/td-p/5803616/page/17

What are my best options for a 15" fanless laptop? I don't like apple.

Attached: fanless-laptops.jpg (620x400, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wgeh7ZJRhZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

are there any fanless 15" laptops?

chromebook

Apparently the number is very limited. I hate fans so much.
I bought a cheap one for daily school stuff / notes. It's a piece of crap, but the silence is nice.

Literally the only non krapple answer.

I have a fanless 13" laptop that I like. But it's only a dual core. Not sure if it's much of an upgrade over a chromebook. Matebook X (not the Pro, that has fans)

>fan with decent or fast cpu
>no fan with slow cpu
pick one.

Buy a pixel. They're pricey but much better than a regular chromebook.

>fanless
retard

There are cheap chink fanless laptop. Pretty lightweight and some have SSD's but also only like 6gigs of ram and celeron processors

Jumper EZ Book 3 Pro

We use a ton of XPS machines at my workplace and they're loud af, you won't like this but Macbook Pros are significantly quieter and rarely ramp up. You're limiting yourself severely by being autismal about no fans at all, just go for low fan noise.

Are fans really that bad? I havent had a laptop since the mid 2000s but they were horrid back then. Wouldve thought they would be better by now.

Zenbook.

>Macbook Pros are significantly quieter
Yeah that's rubbish, I had a late 2015 model at work and anytime anything taxing started it would take off like a jet engine. All these lads would run their IDEs and I might as well been in a datacentre or a wind tunnel.

I've got a XPS 15 9560 at work and I haven't noticed and fan issues. Mind you, I'm running it with some pretty tight power optimisation so it may not be typical.

>Are fans really that bad?
No, OP is a faggot.

The 15 inch Acer Chromebook, put lubuntu on it and it will be fast, fanless, and new for I think less than $250

i second this. perfect laptop if you don't work with graphics/video/3D.

>no moving parts
>thin af but feels solid
>3 USB3.0
>IPS screen
>10 hour battery on Fedora, probably more on some minimal DE

Attached: asus-zenbook-ux305-100412134-large.png (580x388, 101K)

I think those heat up

Polar opposite in my experience, my MBP is silent all of the time but I rarely stress the CPU consistently, the XPS machines would ramp up doing basic tasks and my MBP (2015) stayed quiet.

nah, the CPU ain't powerful enough to heat up in the first place

What is it

M-5Y10c. a 800MHz quad-core thing that goes up to 2GHz with a TDP of 4.5W. nothing i do requires a lot of processing power so to me this thing is a real blessing. only when installing a large program or extracting/compressing a large archive do i notice it taking a bit more time to complete, but otherwise it's super responsive.

How is the keyboard and trackpad?

most people agree the keyboard isn't particularly great. the keys can feel a bit wobbly.

trackpad is fine, though i don't really know what makes a bad or a good one and i use a mouse whenever i can anyway.

>Apparently the number is very limited.
It seems that fanless laptops

lack fans.

Attached: carlos.jpg (600x600, 34K)

>Are fans really that bad?
yes they killed billions

Fanless has benefits in its design

Because Applels don't fucking turn on the fans until they're already about to start a housefire.
youtube.com/watch?v=wgeh7ZJRhZU

I know I'm asking too much. I wish there were some kind of alternative. Like a compact liquid coolant design which probably isn't feasible.

Hmm looks like a good lead.

as said, if you need a fast CPU, then you don't have too many options. luckily all i need for my work is a Web browser a text editor and a terminal emulator.