Had ICL surgery two days ago

Had ICL surgery two days ago.

Ask me anything, folks. This is a newer vision corrective technology for retards with shit eyes.

I'm -21.00 in one eye and -15.00 I think in the other. I have a bad astigmatism. This was all I qualified for. I was nervous, but it went great!

The lens installed is an HD lens that enhances the fuck out of detail. This means I see better than the average eye!!!

AMA

Attached: ICL.jpg (659x316, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aafp.org/afp/2017/0515/p637.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19344821
2020mag.com/article/chromatic-aberration-the-end-of-the-rainbow
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspheric_lens
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll bite, have you done a standard eye chart test? how did you score?

nice get by the way

Attached: asfdafasfsfsaddfas.jpg (232x217, 16K)

>the lens installed is an HD lens that enhances the fuck out of detail
top fucking kek

nice waste of quads, too

do you get the halo effect at night?
I've heard people who get lasik tend to get some weird visual anomalies from the flap they cut on your eye that never actually heals

he didn't give the exact score at the time, but I struggled below the 3rd line. He said based on what he can see this early, I should have 20/10 or 20/15 vision by the time my eyes fully heal.

I also have a follow up lasik appointment for the astigmatism. Crazy stuff!

Attached: hmmm copy.jpg (1201x1202, 1.46M)

I don't think ICL does a flap. It's more like an incision. I do lasik in a week or so for my astigmatism, so guess I'll see. Right now, things are clear enough, but they get better every day.

Seems pretty fucking sweet, congrats on your vision.

sorry, and no, no halo effect at night.

> AMA
leave

Thanks, dude!
I'm pumped. Lifetime of thick glasses.
I can very my VR goggles better, wear regular ski masks not made for glasses, water ski, and fuck without my glasses falling off lmao

Attached: 1487388456208.jpg (288x306, 10K)

People with regular vision just don't understand how fucking great it is to be able to see clearly. I have bounced between some pretty severe myopia but thankfully it wasn't permanent. Glad the surgery worked for you.

>'m -21.00 in one eye and -15.00
fucking hell you poor soul

Attached: 1383365938663.png (645x533, 421K)

I got PRK last year, I have better then 2020 vision. Recovery really sucked the first few days

Surgery is a meme. Ten years down the line people have reported it going to shit and even getting worse. All for the sake of not wearing glasses/contact lenses. Surgery is not worth it unless it's saving your life.

Implanting lenses seems pretty new. I don't think they even did that 10 years ago.

>risking going blind just so you don't have to wear glasses
no thanks

Source? Please no Final Destination 5 fear mongering nonsense.

Google lasik complications. Wear your fucking frames like most short sighted people. No one even cares since it's so common to see people in glasses.

>The lens installed is an HD lens
tfw only have standard definition eyes

Attached: 1481386518105.jpg (460x345, 40K)

Happy customers don't post their non-existent complications.

and that does make the legit complaints void because...?

Do you really want to play devil's advocate with your eyesight?

You're right. As of now all I can think is, "I never want to get in a fight or do anything that could cause and eye injury. People born with perfect vision are incredibly lucky.

Attached: 1494715132856.jpg (680x544, 36K)

Intraocular lenses are not LASIK you mong
Also how much astigmatism do you have OP, could have went with a toric phakic lens
Also LASIK so soon after? Also can't you do PRK, the consensus here in Yurop is it's becoming a better option due to flap related complications in LASIK

ya, i popped the lenses out of my old glasses. wanna see how thick they are?

Attached: 1494715927509 copy.png (496x578, 489K)

Because personal experience is worthless in determining the effectiveness of this procedure. There are of course risks, but the outcome of someone losing their eyesight during the procedure or afterwards (while following surgeon's recommendations) is an impossibility because of the nature of the equipment required for the surgery.
aafp.org/afp/2017/0515/p637.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19344821

I was WAY off on my prescription, but still no fun.

Attached: Untitled.png (2850x1215, 2.62M)

Yes

Attached: IMG_5164.jpg (4032x3024, 1.97M)

side views

Attached: IMG_9741.jpg (4032x3024, 2.05M)

Thicc

thanks boo

Attached: 1530686574502.gif (400x225, 922K)

>Math teacher had bad eyes
>went for ICL
>came back, struggled with eyes for weeks
>constantly red, tearing up, irritated
>sometimes couldn't give class
>complained she was in unbearable pain
>eventually school got a substitute while she tried to fix her eyes
>had to wait 6 months for the ICL to be removed
>didn't come back until the following year

+9.0 with minor astigmatism, no fucking thank you.

Nice quads.

Attached: 1504954594051.jpg (399x400, 13K)

>This means I see better than the average eye!!!
what's it feel like going from absolutely shit eyes to shit eyes?

I have like -10 in both eyes, glasses at home and contacts when going out work fine thank god. Getting your eyes cut up with lasers is just too fucking scary.

Do you get extra zoom when you wear your old glasses?

>HD lens
What does this even mean. Is it that the error on the lens surface/curvature is below a certain threshold?

his lens is 720p duh
should have sprung for the QHD option, OP

Probably the buzzword the LASIK monkey told him to fold over the shekels

With -7.00 on both eyes, I usually consider myself very unlucky. Yours' are definitely much worse, but I cannot help myself and stop cursing at whatever might have caused this.

I wish there was a technique to revert it back to normal. Maybe an eye drop that relaxes the eye to get back to normal in 2-3 days, although rendering them completely numb and bricked during those 2-3 days?

I tried a lot of self-concocted exercises to heal them, to no avail. As non-believer as I am for most of the time, I even tried bargaining with the holy architect to do me a favor, that I shall never let anyone know about and keep it as a hidden miracle.

I use contact lenses together with glasses. Glasses are fucking horrible in distorting the image I see anywhere outside perhaps 1-2mm center of the glass. Moreover, the colors are separated for almost anything, again except for the images at the very center.

Pic related is for an exaggeration of what a high-index glass makes for practically anything you look at off-centered. A tint of red on one side, tint of blue on the other.

Attached: chromaticaberration.jpg (1920x1080, 185K)

Here we go again.

Bruh, I have -3.50 on one eye. I can barely read anything at 20 cm with that eye without my glasses. Do you even see anything with -21.00?

Here's the image I show people to make them experience what I mean.

>Blank white canvas
>75% hardness, black, very thick brush, 500px here
>Click once at the center of the canvas
>50% hardness, white, less thick brush, 175px here
>Click once at the center of the canvas

I don't make it hollow normally, just for this time. It is not the blur, the blur is there even with a perfect vision. The thing is that you see half of the circle's inner/outer perimeter as red-ish, and then the other half blue-ish, as you look at it off-centered with any prescription glass. The higher the index, the greater will be the effect.

You don't have to be bad-sighted for this, just wear any highest-index prescription glass you have, and do this:

>pic related
- Enlarge image to its full size.
- Fixate at the center of the circle(s).
- Roll your head in a circular movement, keeping your eyes fixated at the center.

Even if the glasses' indices aren't for your eyes and you see the image blurry (more than it actually is), you should notice the red/blue semi-perimeters roll around as you roll your head.

And no, it happens even if the glasses were made for your vision, and with eyes accommodated to see through those glasses for several years. This problem does not happen with contact lenses, however.

Attached: chromaticaberration_demo.png (800x600, 57K)

And any glass-wearers should of course take their glasses off, have a look at it from up close to see that the image is all grayscale in reality.

Pretty cool demo. I've had glasses all of my life but I didn't notice the chromatic aberration at the edges of my vision until like last year, when I had to stop wearing contacts and got some new glasses to take to work. Before then I still wore glasses all the time if I didn't have to go to work/school.

I could've sworn my glasses before this pair were high index, just because they weren't very thick. I think the optometrist even guessed that they were. I just didn't ever notice the aberration until I was trying to glance at some black text on a white bg on my 2nd monitor at work and the colors were all fucked. And honestly even more than the chromatic aberration the big thing I noticed was just the loss of focus. I'm more than used to it by now, though.

I think I'm gonna grab some more contacts next time I go to the optometrist. I'm basically committed to using glasses full-time now but it's kinda hard to use an HMD.

-4 here, I know exactly what you mean. Also, don't forget about the barrel distortion everywhere but the center.

>Ask me anything, folks.
Хyи cocёшь? Бoчкy дeлaeшь?

The lenses in my glasses are about 1/8" thick. Ill probably keep wearing glasses until I can get implanted lenses in my eyes that can zoom in and shit after we have proof that they work totally fine for the rest of your life with no complications.

Also, how do you guys deal with the floaters? Every little defect on my cornea shows up when the sun's bright and my iris constricts. Very annoying, especially since one of them looks vaguely like a dick.

Im ophthalmologist, ama

I don't want to get surgery because I like glasses and like hell I'm giving them up.

who cuts your hair

some homosexual barber and last time he told me he uses child puder for his genitals to reduce sweating...

>not using child puder for your genitals
you haven't lived

by ignoring them, how else would you deal with them

t. 20/10 vision, Protanomaly and a lot of floaters

If your eyes are as fucked as OP's, surgery is life-changing.

I'm worried that one day I'll be getting a drink from a water fountain and someone will slam my head down

I had Lasik like 6 years ago and it has improved my life a lot. But yes sometimes you get that halo on bright lights also my night vision is worse. Still would go for it.

I have -2 on both eyes and I am just about allowed to drive without glasses (read a number plate from 20 yrds away). Would a laser surgery be worth it?

Yeah man, that's some serious thickness, that thing would ricochet ak47 round clean off.

I fell happy for you, can only imagine how life changing thing this is for you.

Everything will be better.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

this, people who made this surgery could start getting blind 10 years from now for all we know

Those are done for over 20 years now.

This. I'm fearing my next renewal in a yr + .5. I could barely read the bottom line last time and the dmvrobot got all freaked out about me squinting like I was leper or smthg. Night time driving is fun time driving = parade of gangly growing dancing lights.

What kind of framerates are you getting now?

what's the debian stable equivalent of eye surgery techniques? what's the arch equivalent?

did they cut your eye? is it laser?

In ICL they open your eye and put a small corrective lens inside
In Lasik they blast your eye with laser

>In Lasik they blast your eye with laser
that's metal as fuck, do you get superpowers from this?

>surgery
Lolno
I'll stick with my glasses that work perfectly fine and contacts when I ski

Attached: 1531432151677.png (827x960, 161K)

no, you just get a slightly deformed eye that allows you to see better for a while, then it gets back to the shape it was supposed to be

>laser eye surgery
>doesn't actually give you laser eyes
fucking false advertising marketing jews

Attached: steve carrell laughing.gif (382x200, 699K)

>tumblr-tier reaction gif

Attached: but why.gif (581x327, 3.72M)

Why would you guys want to drive without glasses? I have somewhere between -1 and -2 across my eyes and I always wear glasses outside, only take them off when using the computer (so most of the time at work) or just sitting at home. I don't see why you would intentionally make things blurrier and harder to see when fucking driving of all things/

Do you really believe fa/g/ots actually drive?

Final Destination 5 isn't a medical journal, sorry.

>66733243
>Also, don't forget about the barrel distortion everywhere but the center.
>Glasses are fucking horrible in distorting the image I see anywhere outside perhaps 1-2mm center of the glass. Moreover, the colors are separated for almost anything, again except for the images at the very center.

/p/ here, are there not better quality lenses out there that reduce this? Photographic lenses have made huge leaps in reducing chromatic aberration. Going by this article it seems there are some options out there.
2020mag.com/article/chromatic-aberration-the-end-of-the-rainbow

Do your glasses have aspherical lenses?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspheric_lens

>Why would you guys want to drive without glasses?
Makes everything a hunderd times worse at night. Plus, my vision is not so fuxxor'd that I cannot navigate roadway night or day. Officially, I don't have corrective lenses. That might change prior to my next renewal.
I got ur ffaggott faggot, now bend over.

focking hell and I thought I have school shooter tier thick lenses with my -3 both eyes and -2 for autisgmatism

Attached: output.jpg (2528x3792, 550K)

look man, I think this is a issue with your glasses/lenses, I have around -7 and -9 but I don't have these issues your talking about, maybe only when looking through the edges of my glasses I get something similar, but still very slight
you should go see someone and talk about it, because that isn't normal

how does dick taste?

And my optitian is cuckling me on money by giving me too weak contact lensens, and I am fucking annoyed with that. That fucker is giving 4 times weaker lenses because my eyes will adjust. Fuck you! I want the same as I have on my regular glasses you fat twat!

Why you wearing pedo glasses

If you're really only at -3 and your glasses are that thick then you're paying for really cheap lenses. No reason they should be that crazy.

You can be a fighter pilot with -3 but those look like a fucking magnifying glass.

Fuck me. Here I am complaning about shitty vision with my -5.00

Never mind, didn't read that correctly. So that lens has a total of 5 diopters of correction? That still seems kind of thick, but I guess not way off.

> Makes everything a hunderd times worse at night.
I guess that would make sense. Personally I like glasses even at night because I just basically get a ton of bloom without them, so I prefer dealing with the lens flare that I find barely gets in the way.

you can get them filed down (or something like that). My optician offered it to me but since I wear lenses outside I didn't bother.

Lmao this. Nice buzzwords OP.

I drive Uber part time

My eyes are junk too. How much did this cost?

>The lens installed is an HD lens that enhances the fuck out of detail. This means I see better than the average eye!!!
That;s nonsense. You still have the same retina. You're just repeating marketing lies you were told.

Are contact lenses a meme?

I was recommended contact lenses because I'm near sighted in one eye only. It was something like -1.5 in one eye and -0.5 in the other.
The doctor said it's better that the lens is closer to my eye in this case, I don't remember why.

I used them for a year or so but eventually I stopped, I think my vision got a little better.

that doesn't look so thick, but obviously I don't know the size of your lenses or your fingers
pic related, my -9 ish lens, 9mm thick at the edge closer to the camera

fucking Jow Forums

Attached: 20180714_144157.jpg (4128x3096, 3.68M)

>Google lasik complications
>for a procedure that isn't lasik

You retard

>tfw have keratoconus and can’t even get this