What's wrong with Black Guy SSD? Is it worth less that $20? If not, what's better?

What's wrong with Black Guy SSD? Is it worth less that $20? If not, what's better?

Attached: kingston_ssdnow_uv400_ssd_zp3020980507005_1.jpg (1023x1024, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/extreme/184253-ssd-shadiness-kingston-and-pny-caught-bait-and-switching-cheaper-components-after-good-reviews
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you don't already know what the shortcomings of cheap SSDs are and why they're relevant to your use case, you won't notice the difference between a cheap SSD and an expensive one.

cheap shit like kingston or pny or sandisk are all crap that will die sooner than quality SSD like samsung or intel

extremetech.com/extreme/184253-ssd-shadiness-kingston-and-pny-caught-bait-and-switching-cheaper-components-after-good-reviews

Kingston is a shady company. They sent promising SSDs to reviewers and then a few weeks/months down the line they switched them out for an inferior version without any indication.

>What's wrong with Black Guy SSD
its constantly talking about the size of its cache

test
test
[\code]
test

test
test

test

>WE WUZ
Kingston

Alright, I'll stay away from all that. How about HP? I see those going really cheap on ebay.

WE

` test [\code] test`

I've had a kingston drive for 3 years running non stop use. seems to work fine still.

test
[test]
test
[/test]
test

Stop going for stuff because it's cheap ffs

Using a machine with one of those right now. It's great for the money. I've always had great experiences with Kingston products, would recommend

Attached: tumblr_p5ssfnGqBZ1vp4m0do1_500.jpg (500x694, 57K)

my samsung 470 series ssd died within 4 years.
crucial ssd still going strong as my daily driver after 8+ years of heavy use

they're decent, just not as fast as other SSDs of slightly higher price. Prolly don't live as long either. Still 10x better than a HDD.

My favorite cheap SSDs are the crucial BXs tho.

I fix computers from time to time and a lot of customers are replacing the HDDs on their laptops for SSDs. I always buy these. Been doing it for a year, for at least 12 people. I usually install the 240/480GB models.

So far so good. No calls form any of them complaining about SSD failures. I use a little one myself (120GB) to run Win10 on my desktop, for about 2 years now, and zero issues.

two kingston ssds, one has lasted 5 yrs without a problem, and the other is 2 yo, not a single hitch

both 120gb, cheap and reliable

You were dumb to buy that sandforce piece of shit in 2010 when there were better alternatives at the time from Intel. Samsung SSDs weren’t good until they released the 830 pro with their own in bourse chips in 2011. Crucial is an OK mid tier brand but not without their share of flops.

Buy any cheapshit SSD with 5 years warranty and that's that.

kangston

Teamgroup one is good, it has 3d nand

dramless ssds. look it up.

>quality SSD like samsung or intel
please neck yourself you dumb kike

14 yo summerfags can now also get hasbara fellowship?

It really does depend on your luck. My first SSD was a 128 GB Kingston SSD - bought in 2013. I still (ab)use it, it still works. That doesn't mean it's not going to die. Perhaps it will. It's been a OS disk for GNU/Linux so there's not been that many writes to it and that's a factor. Regardless, it still works fine.

Anyway, it doesn't really make a difference what brand SSD you buy. All the consumer grade ones are pretty much the same in terms for quality and performance. What brand you buy doesn't matter that much anyway since they all switch brand you buy anyway - unless it's Samsung (makes flash) or Crucial (owned by Micron who makes flash). The majority just buy whatever flash happens to be common and cheap at the time.

I'm not shocked, but do know it's common and most brands do it. They usually stick to the same controller on the same model but they don't always even do that. That's why they mostly just specify some performance numbers, not what kind of flash is used or who made it. They will just put whatever flash's that cheapest and meets their minimum spec in the current batch and drives made a month before or after will probably be using something different.

It's a meme. Absolutely no issues with my HyperX for 3 years.

I could probably just buy a bunch of these and if they die it'll still be cheaper than one of those "good" brands, especially since it'll just host my OS

I have a Sandisk 120 gb SSD from 2011..runs fine. Another from 2014...fine. A Kingston from 2013 and 2015. All run with no problems.

If you've had a piece of hardware fail on you, don't be one of those autistic fucks that automatically say all of those makers stuff is shit. Even the best of the best hardware has a chance of failing. Every thing can fail. If it cost $100 or $400 it can still fail.

Kingston and Sandisk are not shit brands. Real cheap chink shit brands like Tcsunbow, Yucun, Kingfast or any random shit like that is what you avoid.

The hyperbolic negative reactions will never stop, it's human nature. Take what these people say with a grain of salt and cross reference with other negative reviews to get a more accurate picture of issues and failure rates and you'll be better off than trying to control peoples emotions.

think again sunshine

Proofs?

sort yourself out bucko

>no proofs
Thought so!

Welcome to Jow Forums, please enjoy the anecdotes.

I bought a 256gb WD Blue M.2 ssd and it's the best drive I've ever used. Generally if you cheap out you'll just have the fear of failure and probably worse speeds. It'll still be way better than a mechanical hard drive.

WD brand SSDs are cheap shit though. The use crap planar chips

>It really does depend on your luck

there's no such thing as luck. endurance benchmarks and companies history/track record for shady shit like replacing review units don't lie. you either do your due diligence and buy a product you can have confidence in, or blame your ignorance and lack of judgement on supernatural forces. either way you will get BTFO when your drives go poof in the end.