Why doesn't your notebook have a 4tb PCIe SSDs...

Why doesn't your notebook have a 4tb PCIe SSDs, 32gb RAM and ultra high resolution like the Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display?
>I don't need it
isn't an excuse anymore, you're holding back the progress of technology.

Attached: MacBook-Pro-2017.jpg (2048x1366, 295K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/04/hp-uses-new-6-core-mobile-chips-to-build-some-monster-workstations/
m.youtube.com/user/rossmanngroup
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The shills are real

Attached: thanksdaddy.png (1053x935, 293K)

But I really don't need it
This isn't technology, it's consumerism
No actual societal benefits
I'd rather put my money into fixing aging

Make me.

Attached: welcome to 2009.jpg (674x532, 74K)

tfw you pay $4k for hdd when you can just buy an external drive for 1/4 of that price.

>$7200+ for a fucking block of aluminum with some plastic and glass parts
>they still want you to pay for shipping
>laugh

Also:

>laptop is made from about $1300 worth of hardware in that configuration because of how much hardware Apple buys and their underhanded deals for the supply chains
>just handing $6000 to Apple for nothing
>laugh even fucking harder

You don't pay for the material (mostly), you pay for the time used by all the robots.
But the apple robots are bitchy and can't live without their starbucks, so the time is more expensive with the apple robots.

>t. no idea how a company works
They can't just make something for $1,300 and only charge you $1,300.01 for it. They have to pay for the R&D that went into it. They have to keep services like iCloud and iMessage alive and developing. They have to keep the lights on in the Apple Stores. They have to remain able to police the App Store.
Google doesn't charge anything for it's software because they sell your information, but Apple doesn't have an advertising platform, so they have to charge a bit more for their hardware products. Why do you think their software remains free but proprietary without them selling your information?

Lol
>I'm happy to overpay for products so apple can make more money

Who cares about their operating costs, it's not my problem. You sound like a faggot.

Lol
>I'm happy to pay as little as possible for absolute bare-minimum garbage. I don't care what you do to my data or how you accomplish certain tasks as long as you gib me free shit
Nigger-tier post

>GIMME GIMME GIMME: THE POST
Wanna know how I know you're a millennial?

>Ultra high resolution
It isn't even 4k.

You know everyone on Jow Forums is poor right?
They can't buy a mac. That's why they buy 50 dollar 2005 laptops and use linugs.

Quit shilling, it is not profitable for apple.

Because I don't have to replace my notebook every year because of it shitting itself.

>They have to pay for the R&D that went into it.
Face it, the R&D costs to come from last years Macbook would have been a couple million at most.
This is an itterative design. The 4TB SSD comes from Samsung along with the controller chip, the screen is last years screen, the keyboard is an added condom, the new battery is just the latest their supplier makes, the RAM is just higher capacity chips and a new controller and the case the same as last year.
It's just itteration. If it cost them more than a few million they wasted their money.

>4k
>in that screen size
The fixed resolution meme must die.

Low quality hardware with everything soldered to the motherboard (keyboard still the one with sticky key problem)

>the heatsink isn't soldered
The only thing that should be soldered and they don't do that.

they use a whole package of thermal paste

Made of best chink foreskin.

is it FREE (as in FREEDOM) though?

Attached: 1200px-Adler_jagt.jpg (1200x800, 125K)

Show me another laptop with 4tb PCIE SSD.

Since I’m part of the 0.1% I already ordered one. Thank you Trump.

The ONLY thing I like about macbooks is how they continue to still use 16:10 panels. If there's anything other laptop manufacturers need to copy from Apple, it's that.

Other than that, go shill somewhere else.

All those who reply are just as guilty of shilling.

HP packs 6 cores, 32GB ECC memory, 4TB SSD into a 5lb laptop
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/04/hp-uses-new-6-core-mobile-chips-to-build-some-monster-workstations/

isolates the cpu so that it throttles all the time from overheating

>16:10
>not 8:5

I can have P52 with way better specs than that iToddler trash. Now fuck off shill

that's the point, the only purpose the apple """"""services""""""" serve is to increase sales. the owners of macbooks don't need apple stores, or icloud, or imessage; only dumb and tech illiterate turbonormies rely on these things and you're basically paying for it

Because I didn't buy an overpriced facebook machine with an awful keyboard.

Show me one with 4TB PCIE SSDs.

>the R&D costs to come from last years Macbook would have been a couple million at most
spotted the guy who doesn't know shit about tech development

Report commercial posts.

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)

Macs are for fags

Guess again

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 06.55.16.png (2544x1208, 885K)

Not only it has 2 slots it has 1 additional slot for sata. It can potentially have 8tb pcie ssds and other storage.

Attached: jhcepimhy4411.png (1482x690, 262K)

Now show it actually having 4tb PCIe SSDs and at a lower price point than the Apple Macbook Pro.

What a retarded waste of money.

There's no other laptop with comparable specs that are actually lower-priced.

>$2000 for 2tb of NVME storage

You fucking wot

Meh, not upgrading until this shit is beyond repair.
In other news, I got my girlfriend a 13inch 2012 MacBook pro (the one with the DVD drive) and that thing is WAY better built than my laptop. I could replace the battery, ram and HDD to an SSD in 20 minutes without any weird tools. I feel like each gen they just get worst made.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 13.11.52.png (1206x726, 328K)

Aren't those the models that have the kernel panic?

I can replace every part of her laptop for peanuts on eBay. My mother has the same model from 2009 and it's still her main work machine I just upgraded it to SSD and 8GB ram

There are many much cheaper laptops with those and much better specs that don't have 4tb of ssd which is an absolutely retarded amount to have regardless.

Swap in 2x 960 pro (2tb)
1,138 x 2(ssds) + 2400 (laptop) = $ 4676
4k display is probably $300 extra and then you could add 5 year warranty with accidental damage protection and it's probably still $900 cheaper than iToddler trash

Attached: Screenshot_20180715-151114__01.jpg (1080x3268, 339K)

Did not answer the question. The fuck?

I just meant if anything went wrong I can deal with it. I honestly have no idea. My main rig is a PC I don't know much about Macs.

i'm pretty sure you can't just replace the hardware in the new thinkpads, also the webcam sucks balls and the processor doesn't turbo as high

You can replace any part except cpu and gpu. What can iToddler replace?

→webcam sucks balls
It's literally same shit as in macbooks one except you don't need to put a tape on it becausw it has shutter

→cpu doesn't turbo as high
processor maybe doesn't turbo as high as 4,8ghz but it sure can maintain it's speed much longer than macshit. Where macshit starta throttling under 40 seconds turning laptop to pizza stone.

Mactards btfo.

I use a PC for most things I want, and an android tablet for everything else. I will be getting a 1950x Threadripper once the prices drop even further, and together with a 1080ti I will have a rig that is better than anything Apple can offer (mac with xeon+vega lmao). Enjoy your shitty throttling craptop with a keyboard designed for soi lent drinking effeminate homosexuals. Also nice proprietary OS faggot.

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 5K)

Because my notebook doesn't run at 100C

But he’s not wrong. MacBooks innovated laptop design in several fronts over the years. Like the smartphone market where Apple leads everyone else imitates

Ouch, that's three months ago too.

>Like the smartphone market where Apple leads everyone else imitates
Other than the retarded notch the chinks imitate, what innovation did apple give us in the last decade?

>Like the smartphone market where Apple leads everyone else innovates
Fixed that for you.

>dust kills the keyboard

I'm pretty sure it's the one with the nvidia gpus that just die for no reason

ARM CPUs faster than most i7s.

Geekbench is not a good metric.

>ARM CPUs faster than most i7s
For the specific hardware. No one uses ARM in PC's and vice versa.

apple shills on summer vacation, oh boy.

>$7200 for a Facebook machine

LMAO, YOU AREN'T EVEN TROLLING HOLY SHIT BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
The absolute state of Jow Forums. So sad to see how this place filled up with apple niggers, while it used to champion free software and at least PRETEND to be knowledgable about tech.

based

Because Apple, nuff said.

Praise the lord! reason!

Very easy question
m.youtube.com/user/rossmanngroup

>What is scaling, the thing that it already does anyway
A 4k screen would work perfectly at 2x which is ideal since it wouldn't introduce blurriness.

I could buy a decent car with that money. How do people justify spending over 1.5k on a computer? I wouldn't go over a thousand

AND it comes with a shitty i7 instead of i9
AND shitty plastic build quality
AND a low quality generic 4k sva led panel
AND the NVMe is lower spec and slower TLC SSD chips
WORST of all it comes shipped with Wintrash 10

$8739

Attached: 1531529201108.jpg (620x680, 69K)

>$8739

$2000 more for substantially worse computer that will not retain any of it's value 1 day after you buy it

Attached: $8739.jpg (1251x305, 50K)

>$6000
>"decent" car

LOL

Attached: 1531521611728.png (609x561, 314K)

Waiting for next year's X1 carbon

Wangtard.

>ultra high resolution
Lol'd at your sub-4k crap being ultra anything.

I could get myself a $1000 car and it'd last me 6 years minimum.

My p50 has all this plus an m2000m.

Because I'm an actual professional and thus meed physical function keys.
Try typing a specific function key on that piece of shit without looking.

>isn't an excuse anymore, you're holding back the progress of technology.
This sounds like the logic of one of those adhd kids who ran ahead of the class during PE laps only to get winded 1/5th of the way through one lap while the rest of the class goes at a regular speed.

No, that's a Xeon with ECC RAM and a Quadro P1000, user.
The price is still ridiculous though.

my dock has 10 gigabit ethernet and my server has much more than 4TB. My laptop doesn't need 4TB of storage.

wrong. check the custom build page. that build was for a fucking i7 8850. it's laughable.

muh sour grapes

You built it for the i7.
You can build it for the Xeon. You're just a dumb nigger who chose not to.
From what I have seen HP also uses standard m.2 slots so you could save about $2000 by picking a model with a low capacity drive and buying two 2TB 960s separately.

No, it's shit. When i put my mac on HDMI, to display some shit on my TV, the audio turns out to be REALLY BAD, because the mac is fucking bugged. I don't fucking now why the fuck that happen. Apple may be good with other apple products, which are also shit.

Nigger, their Xeon selections are still low spec 6 core shit and not on par with an i9
and 2TB 960s are still $1700 you dumb nigger. besides which, the whole point of this retarded exercise was to point out how stupid citing this was in the first place
as if just being a PC somehow made it cheaper. the fucking moron just dropped the link without even speccing it out and finding the actual price for comparable build. the same is true if you build a dell precision pro workstation too. you wind up with a machine that is inferior to and more expensive than the fully decked out $6000 2018 mbp

Attached: DYEL.jpg (371x400, 31K)

Slow ass SSD's.

Because my shitty 400€ HP with an A8 9600p and a 2TB HDD is plenty for programming, shitposting and animu. Even does some vidya pretty well.

That only means you have no self respect, and you're worthless driving a death trap and even being "proud" of that.

I agree totally, OP can jerk off on his specs. Total waste

What's the point of loading it up with those extras when you have USB-C?

I think it's enough of bait threads.

t. fagbook pro mid 2012 user

Demonizing someone for living within his means? lmao what are you on about. You can get your hands on a mint 99 corolla with manual trans and all maintenance history done. Alternatively spend the money on a older flagship Lexus and the same deal. Not even a poor fag

i guess, i don't feel like taking my sensitive data with me everywhere to be inspected by curious border police

Dell XPS doesn't have an option for 4TB SSD yet, but at 2TB, the same CPU, faster RAM and a 1050Ti the price is a third that of the Macbook Pro.
If you choose the 2TB option of the Macbook Pro for equality sake the price is still half.

he's literally an economic terrorist though, need to replace him with refugees to jump start the economy

dell xps is a fucking consumer grade plastic piece of shit GAYMAN laptop you dumb mong. a comparable for a macbook pro is the dell precision pro like i fucking said in my post. no self respecting professional would bring a fucking XPS alienware BSOD machine to do criticial business applications on. a dell precision pro specced with an i7 and 4TB NVMe SSD is $7k. Dell charges $2k for each the SSD alone.

Attached: 1404272810365.gif (240x228, 858K)