How can I run Windows 95 natively on a modern pc and have wi-fi on it?

How can I run Windows 95 natively on a modern pc and have wi-fi on it?

Attached: Ubisoft E3 Conference.jpg (1078x863, 78K)

Use a wireless bridge with a supported wired NIC. Some WiFi routers can do it.

>wireless bridge with a supported wired NIC
Can I just do it with some software without having to buy new hard?

Considering wi-fi for consumers wasn't really a thing back then, I imagine not.

fuck i hate this board

Yeah, but are there any mods or patch softwares that lets me do this? Or can you make one for me?

I'm no programmer, man.

Also, when you say modern PC, do you mean modern hardware? Wouldn't it be easier to just run a virtual machine at that point?

just write your own windows 95 device driver for whatever wireless nic you have

OP dont try to do any kind of complicated shit suggest there.
Just run Win95 in a virtual machine and give it network access. That way the modern machine handles all the modern stuff like wifi, while you can then seamlessly run 95

fuck i hate summer

AWESOME! I'M GOING TO TRY THAT AND SEE IF I SUCCEED!!!!

THANK YOU user! user DELIVERS! WINRAR. IT'S OVER 900!

Attached: 1422112255592.jpg (582x768, 57K)

have fun playing mine sweeper, solitaire, and pinball. Thats probably about all you can do with 95 at this point.

Mine sweeper is actually God tier tough

didnt say it was bad, just that you wouldnt be able to do much out. Browsing the modern internet will be pretty much out of the question. Unless you have some old doom shareware files or a copy of a carmen sandiego game, you wont be able to do much. 95 still exited to a dos prompt, its pretty old.

>95 still exited to a dos prompt, its pretty old.
I know. I used it, and I loved it. And that's why I want it back

you can run it on an athlon64, I got it setup here. I just need to redo my retro corner which I might actually do today. I’ll post some pics later if the thread is still up. oh and you should at least run 98, it’s basically the same but better

Awesome!

You have a retro corner? Can you recommend me some old PC games to install?

it’s just two old computers on a table, I had a crt but it’s busted. for games there is plenty, command and conquer, diablo, pitfall 95, midtown madness, graphical adventure games. open a thread on /vr/ if you want game recommendations.

Awesome bro! you look like you know a lot about retro games. Do you want to be my buddy? I want an online buddy. Do you use kik? or some other way to chat?

here is the athlon64 running TempleOS

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.38M)

and windows98, no I don’t do social interactions outside of Jow Forums. just go to /vr/ if you want to chat about retro games and hardware

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.35M)

yes, if 95 is a virtual guest, you can NAT from a wifi card to an ethernet card on the host with iptables.

really cool stuff man, thanks for sharing

this makes me think

Unironically just use VMware in fullscreen with W7 to handle wireless.

I just thought it would be more cool if it directly booted w95, but I guess it is too difficult

You'd have to learn programming and assembly to write all your own drivers to get a 23 year old OS to run modern hardware.