What are Jow Forums's thoughts on soundbars?

What are Jow Forums's thoughts on soundbars?

Attached: TV-sound-bar[1].jpg (760x463, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tVUDY5irLBo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

overprice trash, either buy a proper home theater system or use headphones.

For women who think Real Speakers "just look so ugly".

Retarded

they're fine if you're just looking for something that's better than TV speakers. won't be better than dedicated 5.1 speaker setup though

They are only viable because ever-thinner TVs cannot have decent built-in speakers. You're basically paying extra for something that used to be built-in.

Can't compete with a proper setup, but there's no denying that a proper setup is a pain initially. Plus if you're renting and can't drill into the walls to do wiring etc. then soundbars are an OK alternative.

Got one for free Samsung soundbar from an old friend. Great if you're short on space but want some decent speakers. Surprisingly powerful for how small the speakers are. Sound quality can't touch my other setup, but still really good for the size

I had to switch to a soundbar because my wife said the speakers were too ugle and the receiver too complicated (usually she would just use the shitty TV audio than switch the receiver on)

Feels bad man

Ignore the audio autists. Get one if the built-in speakers in your Tv are tinny. Not everyone needs fuckhueg speaker systems.

Think. What drivers could you possibly fit in a narrow, elongated body and still have good sound?

Trash made for idiots.

Fuck off, autist.

Great for people who aren’t audiophiles and don’t want to commit to the home renovation required for a proper set up. A good comprimise for most people

this.
they are an OK replacement for tv speakers.

What "home renovation" do you have to do to place two decent speakers on the floor?

I bought one on sale for 90 buckaroos and it does its job. The best part about it is the mounting options, definitely.

they're fine and i'd rather see the majority of homes have soundbars instead of using nothing but the shit speakers on the ever thinning TVs

The Razer Leviathan is surprisingly good when placed correctly. It's good except that it doesn't have a remote control.

Good luck not having the kids knock that shit down

Real talk: I use a big jambox connected to my projector. It works really well

Are you expecting things to last an eternity? Good luck with that.

Newer Dolby Atmos soundbars with the ceiling firing speakers are decent if you can't run a 7.2 channel system.

simple, convenient and seamless. surround is an autistic meme.

good if you don't have space
Prove me wrong
Protip: you literally can't

Nah I just don’t expect to renovate my house for audiophile snake oil that i literally can’t even hear

CU©K
U
©
K

Easy to use and take up barely any space. Depending on the brand the sound can be quite decent. I don't see why everyone on Jow Forums seems to hate them, I'm assuming it's just contrarianism.

But speakers DO look ugly and take potentially useful space.

why are you on four channel? aren't you supposed to prep the Sunday bull for your wife?

If you can find them on sale they're pretty good. I have a Vizio 2.1 I got on sale a few years ago and as others have said it does the job of exceeding tv speaker quality.

I haven't had the need (or cash) for a higher quality setup but even a simple 2.1 bar gets loud and has decent fidelity.

It's sound quality.....and sometimes snobbery.
Yes, they sound OK but nothing compared to a real sound system if you are the type that can hear the dif.

I've got a soundplate.

I enjoy it.

For TV shows i don't really care and just use the tv speakers, but if I am watching a movie or something more engaging then I use the soundplate.

I think my setup is basically HDMI pass thru with the sound plate sitting between the source and the tv which works out great for me, since I don't ever need to change any source settings on the tv.
Pass thru totally making shit way simpler since there is much less fucking around with changing sources/outputs.

All I need to do is turn the sound plate on , mute the TV speakers and thats it.

Attached: sound plate.png (1014x396, 311K)

Shit

Slap that bitch you beta faggot

go larp somewhere else

If you hate the tinny sound of a flat screen and have no space for proper speakers, sure. They're pretty decent. Just don't spent too much on it as fidelity doesn't go up with the price with a lot of them.

If a surround sound is impractical, then you might as well. Anything is better than the built in speakers of a flat panel t.v.
> got pic for free
> sounds decent
> but weighs 20 lbs and 3 feet long

Attached: ysp 800.jpg (1080x930, 133K)

What does Jow Forums think of the Sonos Playbase?

Attached: sonos_playbase_white_tv.jpg (790x475, 74K)

>899 retail price
>only comes with an Ethernet port and optical

no thanks

Why does a soundbar need ethernet

its litterally just a speaker

Everything connects to the network so you can easily set your shit up with an app. The system works surprisingly well.
t. Electronics salesman who tested one.

Happened to my dad and step mom. He gave me the entire surround setup afterwards.

I fail to see how a center speaker, which is smaller than a sound bar, and several others tucked in the corners look bad.

>driling
Just use Magic Tape

Soundbars have a built in amplifier, accept an optical input, and work with most universal remotes. If you want to spend less than $200 (typical low end SB price) what are your alternatives? Honest question.

>Bang for buck pair of Dayton Audio speakers: $50-100
>Budget HT receiver: $150

Can we go even lower with some sort of cheap class D amp/DAC combo that will somehow work with a remote?

Perfectly fine if you want to upgrade from the shitty laptop speakers built into TV these days but don't want to go full Horn Loaded with a proper setup

My soundbar and fan use the same IR remote frequencies, it's really annoying

This, the soundbar is good enough to improve TV speakers for casual viewing like the news, but I still prefer to use headphones over 5.1 speakers when watching movies or TV shows.

youtu.be/tVUDY5irLBo

dogshit scam your phone sounds better and louder than a fucking soundbar

No it doesn't

For the thousands those cost you could set up a theater-esque sound system

Friend bought a laptop years ago and got a whole bunch of bonuses along with it, gave me the Edifier MP250, worked a treat for the past 4 years.