Are other companies even trying?

Are other companies even trying?

Attached: macbookprossdtest.jpg (700x575, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

laptopmag.com/articles/2018-macbook-pro-benchmarks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

APFS is the reason why mostly. The NVMe SSD is really fast, no doubt about that but its really the file system. As long as those other systems are running NTFS (or most Linux filesystems) you will see the same problem. Apple wants power users to be able to handle multi GB files with ease.

I wonder how more modern file systems, such as btrfs and zfs compares to apfs. Or xfs, which some say is quite fast with SSDs

NVMe

Other companies let you change the ssd easily.

Do you need to change it if it's already the fastest?

>Hurrr why is nvme faster than sata
Fuck off with your shitty bait thread itoddler

its still slower in video encoding, excel (their productivity test) and gaming.
laptopmag.com/articles/2018-macbook-pro-benchmarks

but hey, as long as have ONE really good number to latch on to, that's all that matters !

Yes, you need to change it if it's broken.

nice cope there faggot "hurr durr the default components are shit but it doens't matter because you can always replace it with something better"

See:
So yes, it's important to have that option.

>yet another shill thread

Jow Forums is lost.

btrfs and zfs are meant to be safe, not fast.

You can still send it in for repair, dumbass. Who do you think will repair the laptop the best: you or a certified Apple employee?

Ok shill, fuck off.

No.
APFS helps a little, but not like that.

Anyway, it's not Apple's fault that NTFS is terrible and ext4 is outdated without a good btrfs and GNU hates OpenZFS because... Oracle...

Attached: Captura de ecrã 2018-07-15, às 20.22.47.jpg (3648x1634, 354K)

And those SSD's are expensive.

Stupid argument. Can you change the SSD on your P70 from a mSATA SSD to a M.2 NVMe of this performance?

How much does it cost with a Samsung 970 Pro?

Stupid idiots, that's why PC companies keep getting away with SSD's like that (mind you, they are all in the same price point), because you PCMR idiots keep buying them as long as they don't have an Apple logo.

Which companies, pajeet?

Which one of those laptops have replaceable SSD's?

No. APFS just helps with actually copying files due to its copy on write, not with writing raw bytes.

>Implying i use a laptop
Sage

That's weird. Even my shitty Chinese laptop gets 550 MB/s on large files. What's going on here?

Source?

Also their shitty laptops have 0 usable ports.

they're no better.

How is USB-C Thundebolt 3.0 not an usable port.

Bitch?

Attached: Mac-eGPU-full-1.jpg (4303x2665, 2.87M)

>SATA vs. NVMe
Are you?

On top of the fact that USB-C hasn't become widely available for all types of peripherals, using one of your peripheral ports for charging is retarded, and the lack of an ethernet port is and always has been disappointing on Macbooks. Also disappointing is the lack of a headphone jack. Any DAC you get in a USB-C to 3.5 converter is going to be shit, as is any DAC in a bluetooth device.

> Also disappointing is the lack of a headphone jack.

are we talking about the same machine ? because the new MBP has a headphone jack.

I agree with your general sentiment about USB-C peripherals but someone here has to push into the future
Intel has supported type-c since skylake but we don't really see that many peripherals.

It will just take some time to life cycle out these older design peripherals until they get replaced with newer type C ones and then we might see them being more common.

So it does, I had read they had included only USB-C and I thought that meant no headphone jack either. Either way, Apple does this kind of thing often where they try to force new standards and it's one of the reasons I will never be an Apple customer.

>SS 970 Pro
That's 1TB. No Macbook Pro 13 has that kind of storage.
>how much
It's definitely always cheaper.
>performance
I upgraded my laptop with a SS 960 EVO. See pic.
>stupid idiots
People said sheeples are idiots. People were wrong. They're advanced idiots

Attached: NVMe.png (502x458, 66K)

zfs seems to get a lot more IO than ext4
other than that read speeds are almost no different.. and ex2 has fastest write speed still
btrfs is decent but dead

Me?? Absolutely me.

i remember years ago when they first when pcie ssd

literally blowing out the competition

>force new standards
>bad thing
>not propreitary
>blame apple for using latest connector
>don't blame peripheral makers for still using micro B

Fucking micro b wasn't even made for 2amps of power. It's terrible to still be used