All of a sudden as of today, a dozen workstations at my company are BSODing every few minutes

all of a sudden as of today, a dozen workstations at my company are BSODing every few minutes

what did you fuckers do?

Attached: bsod.png (854x513, 726K)

>His kernel crashes after receiving a malformed packet

Attached: 1522856873985.png (634x440, 212K)

>Corporate
>Receiving updates on Sunday
>Being a Beta branch cuck

>i see you're still using Windows 7 at your business
>be a shame if something happened that forced you to upgrade
Seriously though just check if updates were installed and do a system restore.

Attached: butitsfree.jpg (640x353, 41K)

What are you on about m8? Updates were Wednesday morning

I just want to know why you decided to ruin my sunday. Walking dumb cashiers through performing a system restore over the phone....oof

>not having homogeneous hardware
>not having a formal update procedure
>poorly thought out domain policies prevent me from uninstalling recent updates without drastically interrupting production workflows

I'm going to blame this all on my subordinates on Monday, and give them a vague directive to "fix it" and an unrealistic deadline of when I want it done.

And it will make me look good to my bosses and maybe get me a raise

Attached: 1398223297316.jpg (480x480, 68K)

>thinly veiled request for tech support

>Having to do a restore locally.

Do you not have any deployment tools? Just rollback the update/driver remotely

I don't need tech support I just wanted to make fun of my company.

Problem is already solved to my satisfaction (if they don't log into the computer, it doesn't blue screen).

It is only affecting the workstations that are not managed by our deployment platform

How's it getting it's updates then? straight to microsoft?

just remote in and fix it, and add them to your deployment groups while you're in there

There are two circumstances in which Windows is not crashing:
1) Safe Mode without networking
2) Starting the computer normally but neglecting to log into Windows
If they start normally I can remote in but the BSOD happens within 30-90 seconds, not enough time for me to do anything.

>what is patch Tuesday for 500, Alex?

Most workstations will actually install the update on the following day

The point is patches for the rabble are done on Tuesday and previews done on Sunday and Monday. Corporate is generally only a few days behind not almost a full week. It implies OPs work is on a earlier branch.

Hardware change I take it? Did a processor or memory module change?
Check compatiblilty with memory speed and timings. Check that BIOS is reporting the correct speed and timings.

Nah there were no hardware changes. Either some driver is incompatible due to last week's win update, or there was an update to some network related service we use (like the AV software, which gets updated constantly) that is not playing well with the network driver.

>Corporate is generally only a few days behind not almost a full week
Isn't that just due to corporate policy though? Or are you saying msoft pushes updates at different times to Pro vs Home Edition?

>if they don't log into the computer, it doesn't blue screen
Excellent work, Pajeet!

>some driver is incompatible
Probably goddamn Intel display drivers. They are such garbage.

It's a good solution given my use case.

looks like something is exploiting something in tcpip.sys...

Honestly I would get your network guys to start monitoring your network, see if there's an infected machine somewhere trying to infect all the machines and block the traffic.

This. Just nuke and pave the machines remotely. One or more of them is compromised

WSUS

install gentoo

This

>what did you fuckers do?
implying 4chin is capable of doing something more than ricing a desktop

Attached: 590.gif (280x207, 453K)

nah, plenty of anons have vandalized insecure public websites and databases

uninstall your AV solutions because it's most likely fucking with your tcpip stack

Source: all my windows 7 friends had this problem.

Possibly since not everyone operates the same and may defer to a more suitable time for them.
Pro and Home are the same thing now. Businesses use Enterprise with the business branch (CBB) and those needing more reliability such as hospitals use LTSB. One could argue that they all should be reliable but then again we are talking about Micro$oft.

> The hacker known as Jow Forums
This.