>"there are no games for linux"

Attached: 20180715235957_1.jpg (1280x1024, 433K)

Other urls found in this thread:

redeclipse.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=2955JiYgcQQ
driftstagegame.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nobody says that there are no games for linux.
There is just no market for games on linux.

wot even is this m8? if you are trying to bait then pick an obvious FOSS game, if you are being serious then pick one that looks less shit.

This is a better minecraft basically, and it's just a game, you can't put viruses in a performance-heavy application.

>*there are no GOOD games for linux

Linux has plenty of games.
Also, this pic is out of date. I have more that aren't on this list.

Attached: Linux Games.png (287x1893, 138K)

There are, otherwise people wouldn't be playing them, which they are.

only good games on that list are xcom or retro ones, rest are pure indie shit

>HL2
>Indie shit

Every body and their dog has played source games.

hl2 is retro, i specified that in my post retard

>source engine
>retro

Attached: 1451238397383.png (237x344, 152K)

That's so much worse than minecraft

>minecraft
>DUDE CUBES LOL
>written in C#

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1500017183439.jpg (2172x1711, 211K)

>there are no games for linux

microshills btfo yet again!

Attached: tux-racer-18.jpg (700x525, 39K)

>Terraria
>worse than Minecraft

Attached: 4149.jpg (422x531, 90K)

love this shit

Attached: 020.jpg (3840x2160, 1.61M)

t. retard

Anyone down for some Europa Universalis?
(no wintards)
I'll let macfags slide though.

Awesome bait

This thread has been made daily for how many weeks now? Do you people have alzheimers?

Halo?

Get the fuck off my board.

redeclipse.net/

wrong board

Sorry I barely play gaymus.

I unironically agree that Minecraft is better than Terraria. Terraria the gameplay is focused around killing monsters and upgrading gear. In Minecraft the gameplay is focused around exploration and building stuff. Minecraft also has much more mod support so the game basically has infinite variation. Hell Minecraft even has mods that add functional in world computers that literally run a linux distro that can run lua code and display stuff pixel per pixel on in game monitors. There's videos of people getting youtube working in minecraft using that mod.

I don't understand how someone on Jow Forums could think a fucking pixel platforming, combat focused rpg could be more fun than a game that is so focused on programmatic things. Minecraft is so tinker friendly and Terraria is just so fucking boring. Terraria feels like a game I've played a million times before and I don't see why I should even care about it at all.

>he doesn't play cities skylines...

Terrarias literally a web browser tier game you can finish in a few hours. Minecraft has an enormous community producing content behind it.

Antichamber is the best puzzle game ever created

How can you not play videogames at least once in a while?

HL2 doesn't hold a candle to half-life 1. 2 was just an engine demo. 1 was an actual game.

Attached: 1506194007762.jpg (470x352, 22K)

*yawn* I was scripting shit in expression 2 in garrysmod before mineshaft came out.

I agree 100% with this. In retrospect, HL2 and the episodes were a mistake.

This was exclusively developed on linux and its pretty great.
youtube.com/watch?v=2955JiYgcQQ

>Minecraft isn't a browser tier game
It's literally 10 times worse than terraria. Can be finished in less than an hour.
>enormous community producing content behind it.
Not an argument. This doesn't change the fact that the game is trash.

Oh damn, I remember this game. It has a absolutely awesome co-op mode.

Also good games using the same engine: Sauerbraten, Tesseract.

Linux is a kernel.

I can't stand that small draw distance. It's not the 80s anymore. (Not that I remember the 80s but you get my point)

Looks great.
Reminds me of this game: driftstagegame.com/ It has been in 'development' for three years now, but it looks like it will never get a release.

Oh yes there are, such as the likes of Minecraft clones, Quake 3 clones, Tux Racer and its clones and...

Who even needs anything besides Dwarf Fortress, honestly?

Who here plays xonotic?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

>This is a better minecraft

LOL

It's been a few months, but it's fun. Too bad it's more like Quake and not UT,

Yes, and we are discussing games that were developed with compatibility for the Linux kernel. Are you autistic?

terraria is an absolutely generic action adventure game which tries to hide its lack of gameplay behind infinite items and variety.
it's not surprising it is popular and gets praised because it just gave people "mining" + safe tried and true design choices

It’s 2018 nigger. Source is ancient.

All I want is age of empires 2 and total war shogun 2 and I’ll move to Linux

Fuck you if you say wine or 0AD

I prefer starbound. I'm still waiting for the dev to release the source code, as he initially intended.

can't you play games like that in a windows VM which lets you do the shit where it can use your hardware natively to play games? it's called passthrough or some shit

>t. hasn't found brutal doom

>Fuck you if you say wine or 0AD
just looked it up and WINE does work for age of empires but shogun only works in dx9
maybe you should try that new DXVK thing for WINE

or consider GPU passthrough and a windows VM
or Just Wait™ for them to rerelease shogun 2: 10 year anniversary edition in 2021 for pc, mac & linux

Talos Principle is video game kino

>I don't understand how someone on Jow Forums could think a fucking pixel platforming, combat focused rpg could be more fun than a game that is so focused on programmatic things. Minecraft is so tinker friendly and Terraria is just so fucking boring. Terraria feels like a game I've played a million times before and I don't see why I should even care about it at all.
Absolutely this

Attached: 1529875598053.jpg (1600x1200, 962K)

Give me instagib or give me death

Oh wait

Attached: 1526080339130.jpg (736x736, 95K)

Wine is great these days, though.

The default D3D9 implementation has gotten really good, and there's the pba and (if you're on AMD) gallium nine patches that can boost performance even more. And, like
said, you can look into DXVK for DX11 games.

Or you could just say fuck it and do GPU passthrough.

If you think Minecraft is """""programmatic""""" I hope you never play Factorio.

Source is ancient.

its 15 years old user

no dotya 2, whats wrong with you?

it doesn't matter, if a thread gets responses it'll be automatically reposted every few hours.
that's how they keep this shithole running

You can add the following, duplicates crossed out

Attached: lib-linux.png (278x396, 72K)

>the game I play is not on linux

Invisible Inc.

>you can't put viruses in a performance-heavy application.
what did he mean by this?

its written in java you mong

>recommending a windows vm as a “solution” to Linux having no games
Come the fuck on

i mean honestly who the fuck cares unless you have some moral purity rules for no good reason
this is why no one takes the linux desktop seriously

What kind of underage retard actually cares if his OS has toys to play with?

Literally millions of age, me being one of them.
Linux does have plenty of games, just not all of them. If there is no way Linux can play the game, then I just flock into the Windows drive. There's nothing wrong with that, Windows is still a disgusting piece of shit OS.

Okay, kid. Enjoy your toys.

what do you do for fun mature user?

XONOTIC
O
N
O
T
I
C

prolly sucks dick at the local truck stop. v. mature.

linux doesn't need games cuz babbies dont use it

Carpentry, exercise, sporting competitions.

Terraria
Portal
Talos Principle
Enter the Gungeon
Divinity Original Sin
motherfucking Factorio
Hollow Knight
Crypt of the Necrodancer
etc ...

What do you want more Jow Forums?

Attached: fakir.jpg (960x536, 107K)

All of Sid Meier's Civilization except VI.

This is even better than Minecraft.

>no frozen synapse

I like it. Love that is more quake than quake champions.
But I have problem with its graphics - everything is so fucking shiny it makes my head hurt.

GMOD, that shit is most epic sandbox you can play with your pleb friends.

"there are no good threads on Jow Forums"

This kind of crap is why I dual boot. Manjaro as my daily driver, Win 10 for gaming and certain propietary apps like photoshop, cad

there is war thunder. It has t34 and IS2 what do you need more in game ?

Attached: t34.jpg (600x399, 51K)

Something without a shitty progression system.

game is free to play but not free

Linux supports
>Dominions 5
>Terraria
>Mount and Blade
>Tales of Maj'Eyal
>Nearly all Source games

That's enough for me.
It sucks how most japanese VN's won't run even on Wine though.

Absolutely not. I almost feel sorry for you user.

Attached: 1531536500264.jpg (563x741, 51K)

that was decades ago you idiot. Now it is written in C++

if linux had a good BR game I would probably go back to using it.

Mods for Minecraft can be viruses

Pt-Br?

What do you think wine is?

tfw no linux port for maximum comfiness game. at least it runs good in wine

Attached: 1101064390.jpg (640x480, 93K)

Video games are puzzle solving for people who haven't discovered programming

Who gives a fuck. Both are autistic block building games. Boomers just think side scrolling is some how more hardcore.

>Fun game available on Windows
>Also available for GNU/Linux and Mac OS
>No good games are available for GNU/Linux
what?

Installed Lutris, now everything I've tried has worked magically first time. Recently played Spelunky, Metal Gear Rising, Inside, and Cuphead.