Apple

It makes no sense to ask "What do you think about Apple?", because Apple from different eras is effectively different companies. Instead, I'll ask this: what do you think about each of the four following versions of Apple:
1) 1976–84: Apple I, Apple II, Apple ///, Lisa
2) 1984–1998: Macintosh, PowerBook, LaserWriter, PowerPC CPUs, Newton
3) 1998-2007: iMac, iBook, AirPort, Mac OS X, iPod, MacBook, Apple TV
4) 2007-present: iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch

Attached: apple ii ad.jpg (1000x1313, 317K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JYsKDaQIX54
medium.com/root-ventures/building-root-ventures-retro-power-mac-g5-hackintosh-e2cde5a3816e
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wow wtf I hate apple now

1. Good
2. Shit without Jobs
3. Alright
4. Shit without Jobs

>1. Good

Attached: 1508316266635.png (686x955, 520K)

Not enough to tarnish the success of the Apple II. The most damning thing for Apple is that it repeated the same mistake with the G4 Cube.

The Apple II line was doomed to die anyway because CISC microprocessors were nearing the end of the road by the 90s.

>January '78
Right as a hot new tune from Player was burning up the charts.

youtube.com/watch?v=JYsKDaQIX54

"This time for sure". "Keep trying; if you give up you've failed".
It's a common mistake. How many tries has Microsoft had at a tablet? At a phone?

>3. Alright

Attached: 1508622738472.png (652x888, 111K)

Why did you link that horrible song?

This was before they even had disk drives on the Apple II.

I don't think those are quite the same type of mistake. Microsoft tried significantly different approaches to making tablets and phones, but none was very successful. Apple repeatedly tried passive cooling, most often convection cooling, and had problems with it every time. It was thanks to luck and/or their engineers' ingenuity it didn't kill the original Macintosh.

>3. 1998-2007

It didn't but the Mac 128/512/Plus did have a lot of overheating issues. But the main reason for the Apple ///'s infamous chips-popping-loose issue is thought to have been a deficient technique for inserting them into the sockets when the motherboards were manufactured.

Apple were able to trade on their hipster image to market phones. Microsoft just aren't cool or hip enough of a company and they never were.

Jobs had an obsession with no fans back then because he thought Apple didn't need to obey the laws of thermodynamics.

Why were the 70s so...brown?

Good music never gets played on Top 40 anyway.

>Old Apple:
ApplePowerPC computer and NEXT cubes only use seven screws. G4-5 are upgradeable. Xservers.
medium.com/root-ventures/building-root-ventures-retro-power-mac-g5-hackintosh-e2cde5a3816e

>modern Apple
Only make Laptops and Iphones
No Xserves
Cannot upgrade your macbook.

garbage
garbage
garbage
garbage

Apple was only good with jobs. After they fired him it turned to shit. Got good again when he started working for them again then blows after he died

I have a 2013 17in recorded 8 tracks using apogee gear for hours at 96/24 something windows can't do and never had an issue

1) Was pretty good for the time. Still a tad overpriced with serious hardware problems.

2) Even more hardware issues. MacOS became hacked together shit with the PowerPC transition, and still contained m68k code that ran in an emulation layer. It was pretty awful. I do not have any fond memories of MacOS 7-9. A/UX was probably one of their more interesting products that I wish was given more attention.

3) OS X was an improvement. Dropping PowerPC for generic Intel botnet garbage was a huge mistake. They tried to go after the "pro" market with better performance, but they've always made consumer hardware. They should've stuck with that and continued to make nice RISC machines. Also the titanium PowerBooks were fucking awesome and OS X Tiger was one of the best OS versions.

4) Lots of mistakes. And more mistakes. New Macs and MacBooks are soldered shit with chicklet keyboards and no ports. OS X looks like a gay pride parade of ugly flat trash and tacky bright colors. For some stupid fucking reason these asshats at Apple still don't offer an iPad with a low power Intel mobile chip that runs OS X. Instead they offer ARM garbage with a hacked on phone OS that doesn't scale well visually. And of course we can't forget about the notch phone, the gay smartwatches, the wireless earbuds, and the obscene amounts of donges just to get a goddamn HDMI port or headphone jack.

I don't even know what they're doing anymore. All I know is that my Linux ThinkPad and Lineage OS OnePlus phone work as intended.

>Dropping PowerPC for generic Intel botnet garbage was a huge mistake. They tried to go after the "pro" market with better performance, but they've always made consumer hardware. They should've stuck with that and continued to make nice RISC machines.

>For some stupid fucking reason these asshats at Apple still don't offer an iPad with a low power Intel mobile chip that runs OS X.

t. brainlet
PPC was shit towards the end of its life and IBM didn't want to invest in it. Also desktop UI =! good touch/tablet UI.

>A/UX was probably one of their more interesting products that I wish was given more attention.

Attached: aix server ad.jpg (3600x1602, 585K)

I wonder why they killed A/UX for this.

2 is good in at least some sense but that's it.

>ITT bunch of butthurt PC faggots.

Mac line is the best computer line in history.

What's wrong with 1?

jesus that typography is awful

1. Pretty Good
2. Meh, still useable
3. Shit
4. Shit

was not fun