Ask question on SuperUser

>ask question on SuperUser
>two days later, no one has answered or even commented
>get email, "you notifications in your SuperUser inbox!"
>excited, maybe someone knows how to help
>it's actually just someone edited my question to fix a few typos and "remove fluff" (aka shortening "Microsoft Excel" to just "Excel")

... why is that even a thing?

Attached: 1530763180933.jpg (222x250, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

superuser.com/questions/1340245/graph-and-organize-multiple-categories-with-multiple-data-series-each
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah that would infuriate me too.

faggot busy bodies

Because SO and SU and most of their of tech sites are 50% pajeets "correcting" you and offering non-answers, 40% Jow Forumstier fags who won't help you and will only tell you you're wrong for trying to do what you're doing, and then 10% people who actually want to help. Place kinda sucks but there some good things to be learned on those sites.

YOUR QUESTIONS HAS BEEN FLAGGED AS A DUPLICATE

>I'm trying to x in y language for an assignment here's what i've done so far etc.
>"why are you doing x in y? use z"

I'm not switching to your waifu language you fucking nerd, answer the goddamn question

Most people there are just farming their imaginary internet points. Anecdotally there's some employers that look favorably upon a highly-ranked profile on stackoverflow and company, which is probably why.

This. Just answer to the point or don't answer at all. I don't remember asking for your suggestion on other things

You know, I didn't know that. That's actually kinda shitty.

>asking questions ever
I understand that people are dumb but fucking maybe try figuring it out yourself?

Especially on this board we got faggots like too dumb to do homework himself (your post reeks of someone who's only in CS for the money, you sad fuck)

At work people aren't going to wait for you to get your online question answered. You guys are pathetic.

>anyone who asks a question is stupid you should never ask questions and if you can't figure it out then you should just quit

Wanna know how I know I'm smarter than you?

Attached: 1489871987818.png (250x252, 51K)

While I agree people should avoid those sites when it comes to assignments, I couldn't imagine having my head so far my ass as to suggest people shouldn't ask questions. Sometimes it's faster, and thus cheaper for the company, to ask online than to waste time trying to figure it out yourself. Plus, sometimes there are situations so specific no documentation has been written for it previously, and all you can do is hope someone else has gone through it too.
Maybe no one ever told you this, but
>It's okay to ask questions.

Attached: verbose_bait.png (820x378, 105K)

>Maybe no one ever told you this [..]
I have no problem with people humbly asking questions especially in person. You can ask professors, colleagues, friends, people who want to help and can. That's not what I'm reading here.

There's a point where it's clear that someone hasn't even put the minimum amount self-thinking and is now asking strangers on the Internet for help with their assignment.

And everyone here who seems to feel entitled for help because of their own lack of ability. Yeah get mad that no one's willing to help you out, as if they owe you shit.

Hell OP should thank the person fixing the typo because he can't even fucking type properly. Instead he's getting all bent up because someone tried making his question more appealing to answer.

This

>soul purpose
Got me.

>reads "hey does anyone have experience dealing with this fairly niche organization of data"
>proceeds to whine about people asking questions

Now tell me, dipstick, does this look like a school assignment to you?

superuser.com/questions/1340245/graph-and-organize-multiple-categories-with-multiple-data-series-each

Attached: 1521873670465.jpg (355x440, 130K)

THIS WAS ANSWERED IN A THREAD 6 YEARS AGO WHY ARE YOU ASKING AGAIN?

If you aren't who explicitly mentioned the word 'assignment', I wasn't talking to you so you can shut up now.

And after looking at that question, for STEM majors that might as well be a freshmen lab assignment.

>And after looking at that question, for STEM majors that might as well be a freshmen lab assignment.
Wanna know how I know you didn't major in STEM?

Attached: 1514940786825.jpg (239x340, 51K)

If you didn't plot your oscilloscope data in your Physics lab reports, that's not my problem you chose to goof around in Bio or Chem.

And oscope data isn't multiple categories with multiple data series each, now is it?

Look into excel scripting or vba

most people with influence in stackexchange are literal boomers who will tell you you don't know how to ask, do mental masturbation about how your question is irrelevant or ambiguous, do everything but answer the fucking question, unless you put a pic of a boomer and get at least 1000 points answering retarded questions, you will never get answers unless from honorable people who are the exception

asked a question once
never again

found solution by myself
could not even answer myself because hurr durr you need 10 bullshit points

fuck SO

Fucking hell are you retarded? I mean clearly you are since you can't do simple scripting. Multi input? More data than your fucking cooler temps that's for sure.

I stated
>This
Not exclusively to your issue Sir. What resonated with me was user stating that
>There's a point where it's clear that someone hasn't even put the minimum amount self-thinking and is now asking strangers on the Internet for help with their assignment.
Generally speaking, I felt that was applicable. Not in reference to your individual issue. Just agreeing with user's take on similar events. As his statement was more generally applicable. I'm not bashing you.

Shields are up too much on Jow Forums as of late. I can understand though, with the influx of summer and the fact that everyone seems to be getting flamed way more than usual. Global rules are still in effect. Makes me wonder why most would want to roll the dice with being bent.

I can make the charts manually, that's not the problem. I want the data and the charts to be easily expandable and modifiable, and pivot charts don't support XY data. If they did I wouldn't be asking about this.