Wtf i thought windows was just for games

wtf i thought windows was just for games
did Jow Forums lied to me?

Attached: 1507532265946.png (1050x768, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_of_Germany
vocaroo.com/i/s1kfXaByS6id
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>the netherlands
Piss off, big head.

i hate the fucking dutch

Jow Forums lied
people died

really made me think

Do you not see your problem?
Netherlands

MS pays Netherlands government

Not an argument.
Why do you feel the need to lie?

The city of Munich tried using freetard shit and ran back to Windows+Office.

Everyone knows free software is shit.

>and ran back to Windows+Office.
The "ran back" when the person put in charge was being paid by MS.

Not the same guy but the same shit happened in my city, libre office is not that great...

This place is infested with freetard degenerates. There's a reason why Microsoft is at the top.

Really made me think.

guess where Microsft's new headquarters in germany is located? you guessed it, Munich.

>one of the biggest companies on the planet set up their hq for a tiny country in the capital
Shocker.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_of_Germany

>microturd education

Joke's on you, I was only pretending to be retarded. :^)

>being this wrong

Their biggest complaints according to several articles were
- overly complex (KDE) desktop
- document format incompatibilities
- lack of permissions to install anything (no central authority that could deploy software to desktops either)
- LibreOffice fucking up as usual, especially while getting remote-controlled by the in-house Java-based templating system
This is why nobody used it except when they had to, especially on laptops. The mail server shutting down over the anti-spam filter choking on an overly long subject line was just the icing on the cake.

Another project called Zorin OS circumvents some of these issues, mostly by virtue of including Wine by default.

>mostly by virtue of including Wine by default.
topkek

My 3rd world shithole (Chile) tried to move their entire services to Linux and the project got cancelled mid-way because M$ showed up and gave them a ton of free Windows licenses. There were rumours about some money going under the table as well.

Fuck politicians.

>Everyone knows free software is shit.
Not all, but I get that impression from normalfags about Linux because literally all DEs except for Xfce and some WMs shit the bed in one way or another. The Linux core (and by that I mean everything except the GUI) is solid and has been for about a decade now, but it all falls apart when you bundle it with unstable, shit GUIs.

>their entire services
govt services*

>shithole
>produces 50x less waste per capita than any Western country
ok.

They've had some 3rd party company evaluate the issues people had. The company was close to Microsoft. But guess what, their conclusion was that the issues weren't with Linux and could be fixed while keep using free software.
But then and happened.

The absolute state.

t. el chileno horrendo

Attached: 2rwmZ.jpg (800x640, 43K)

Windows is used to manage Windows. It's 99.9% of the reason any company uses Windows server.

Based MS saving your shitty country from complete and utter ruin.

about average

>All sites with 50 or more employees
>the Netherlands
Biased summary much OP?

Not an argument.

>single role web servers are the only servers that exist!

Attached: 1518947550360.png (800x571, 67K)

>i trust wikipedia and use it as an argument
lmao

Why is unix, a dead os from the 70s, in that list?

Attached: 1519851363132.jpg (748x1024, 61K)

Unix isn't dead

Unix is deader than Elvis.

Attached: 1512044102530.png (1440x1080, 635K)

Here is the fundamental problem with Linux. It's really bad at advertising.

Some brand of proprietary software will fundamentally always have the greatest market share, in every platform, because it is in fact on the fucking market. You will use Windows, because Windows really wants you to use Windows, and you, as a human being, are impressionable and agreeable. You will probably not use Linux, because Linux thinks you should use Linux for your own good, and doesn't really give a shit as far as its own profit is concerned because it makes none.

What Linux needs to become a viable OS is a loud voice somewhere out there that is very personally invested in the matter of convincing you to use it. Until then, it will always be a joke OS.

>what is redhat and canonical

Doing a shit job, that's what.
They've done some very impressive work with what they have, but they just don't have enough.
We need some millionaires on the job. American millionaires.

Red Hat's biggest competition is Windows Server 2000.

webservers are overwhelmingly (>60-90%) linux and while some of that is contributed to by windows shops using linux/nginx as reverse proxies it's usually because nobody in their right mind would use windows for an application that linux does so much better
non-public facing servers on the other hand tend to use a lot of windows because as says if you have employees using windows you need a windows server, however if you look at job listings for server admin you'll usually find that linux server admins are slightly more in demand, and that is skewed towards microsoft since a microsoft server admin may fulfil an additional role of tech support

especially since businesses with >50 employees are likely mostly composed of office drones or code monkeys

their testing methodology is literally just to ask companies what os they use on their servers
>just trust us dumb goyim, nobody uses linux, you can buy your microsoft licences today

vocaroo.com/i/s1kfXaByS6id

How is that bad?

>threaten to go to Linux
>get free and discounted M$ products that work better