/spg/ - Smartphone General

Chinese Phones with HIDDEN CAMERAS Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

>Verizon users
Ask to compare between phones that are supported in the Verizon's website, it has basically anything that works. They dont really support chinkphones like oneplus 6, xiaomi, huawei, etc nor they do play nice with unlocked phones unless they're Motorola's or Essentials

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: Oppo-FIND-X-vs-Vivo-NEX-S-696x435.png (696x435, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/A8YLnFP
m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8972&idPhone2=8893
androidauthority.com/phone-models-repair-report-886115/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>be me france
>last week /spg/ told me redmi note 5 is good and supported
>bought redmi note 5 4/64gb
>excited until arrival
>it's Chinese and no google apps
>now its just sit there in the closet
>sad
>rip time and money
can't believe I fell for this /spg/ bunch of faggots chink shill, fuck xiaomi shill. should've gone with iphone se.

Attached: 1500004751165.png (298x260, 62K)

>it's Chinese and no google apps
This is your fault and your fault alone. How did you even manage to get a Chinese variant in Europe?
>rip time and money
R.I.P. your common sense and honesty, because this seems downright impossible.
>can't believe I fell for this /spg/ bunch of faggots chink shill, fuck xiaomi shill. should've gone with iphone se.
Blame yourself for this or for lying. If you've somehow gone out of your way to buy a Chinese variant despite living in Europe, Aliexpress or any seller from local online stores can refund or send you a global version.

Just backport Google play

You're, I lied. I just want to mention redmi note 5 on every thread. I was the shill all along.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-16-15-14-34-414_org.floens.chan.png (1080x2160, 208K)

Flash global rom you fucking retard.

>You're, I lied. I just want to mention redmi note 5 on every thread. I was the shill all along.
What are you even blubbering on about? Big surprise people are recommending a device which offers unprecedented price/performance values. And you're not even denying that it might have been your mistake or that you've actually bought the phone.

Looking to upgrade my LG Stylo 2 I've had for several years
>Camera is least important for me, if I could save money by cutting out a front or rear camera I totally would
>good battery, nothing insane but I'd like to not have to charge in the middle of the day with medium use (mostly web browsing/videos)
>high storage
>I don't need crazy specs but I would like to not run hot running low impact games
>I like big screens and I cannot lie (current is 5.7, don't want to any smaller if possible)
Looking to spend less than ~$300 if possible but could bump to $400 if need be
Essential PH-1 looks pretty solid with recent price drops but I was curious if there were other good options

Attached: 1493513272518.jpg (497x800, 46K)

Galaxy S8 through Verizon. Yes or no?

S8 yes, Verizon no.

How about unlocked with a sim? It's currently in my best interest to stay with Verizon because it's not my plan alone.

Oh well then give it a shot.

Nokia 7+

You can flash stock Android on s9

Just give me a "cheap" phone with good quality build and good battery please.
How hard is to make a phone like this you fucking chinks?
>No front facing camera (what kind of faggot takes selfies?)
>No wireless charging (how fucking hard is to plug a cable?)
>No headphone jack (GET ON WITH THE FUCKING TIMES NOSTALGIATARD, ARE YOU STILL WHINING ABOUT THEM REMOVING THE DISC PLAYER FROM LAPTOPS?)
>Minimum 3500 mAh battery with fast charging
>USB-C
>1080p AMOLED screen (No, you DONT need 4k on your phone)
>3 buttons on each side, each programmable and textured
>Fingerprint scanner on phone chin with physical home button
>No headphones on box (Fuck off charging me for shit i will never use)
>A FUCKING METAL SIM TRAY YOU FUCKING FUCKS, STOP WITH THE THIN PLASTIC THAT BREAKS INSIDE YOUR PHONE REEEEEEEE

I guess thats about it.

What carrier you on?

Flash the global rom? What's so hard?

bumpity

>Doesn't want headphone jack because GET WITH THE TIMES
>Doesn't want wireless charging
Yeah get the fuck out of here you fucking retard

Why would anyone care about creating YOUR ideal phone instead of a phone that sells well?

You know you can download play services off the mi store by searching "google" on it right?

Like are you really this fucking useless that you couldn't Google an incredibly common solution? Like -really- fucking common.

it must be awkward to realise you're so divergent from normal humanity no one makes a phone for you

can i get anything decent for under $500 AUD, in Australia to replace my Galaxy 5?

Mi mix 2 is literally this phone but only has 3400mah and no amoled

Fingerprint scanner on chin is fucking stupid, you naturally put your fingers on the back to hold the phone and the scanner is best there. I don't even notice myself unlocking my phone because I naturally place my fingers there taking the phone out of my pocket to hold it.

Any S9+ essentianls I need to know?
How do I get rid of all the bloatware?

Root it and remove it, otherwise disable it.

Or don't buy Samsung phones because they have been notorious for bloat for like the last 10 years

Got a honor, £100 not 1080p screen but good battery life, not powerful but runs browsing normal apps fine etc.

Yeah then don't get updates or developer support because huawei don't release source code and their kirin CPUs are harder to develop for than mediatek.

Any recommendations for me?
>If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.
USA/Ting
Unlocked, easy su set up, good rom support,
$100-200 USD
Size preferably as big as a Samsung Galaxy S7

Huawei P Smart, £143.99 ($190, €163) on Prime day.

I was just browsing Amazon and my eye was caught by the 43% off. I'm a neet who's never had a smart phone, but I want to get my life back on track and need a phone for that. I have no idea whether it's a good phone, and if that's a fair price for that level of hardware.
Any advice really would be appreciated.

Galaxy S7 off swappa

guys I need new phone and I can't decide for hell for anything, please help
>country
EU
>budget
around 200€
>primary needs
writing down notes
music
browsing internets
chatting
photos
>size
5" to 5,5" I guess since I'd like to write in a lot

some Android would be good

There's also:
Honor 9 Lite (£149)
Honor 7C (£124)
Which is best?

Oh god why is find X so beautiful to look at, I really wish I didn't spent $AUD 1600 on my iphone and got it instead, it is sexy as hell.

That iPhone is pretty much identical to my last iPhone anyway except maybe a bit snappier.

Right now I'm pay as you go on Virgin, looking to switch though because they started the Inner Circle plan and only carry iPhones now

Why don't they just offer a true bezeless phone with no front camera? I don't think I've ever used mine I'm sure plenty of people would buy it.

Hopefully the Mi Mix 3 will solve that camera problem.

Mi Mix 3 is going to have a hidden camera too.
Going by these leaked images:
imgur.com/a/A8YLnFP

You still can't beat an LG G4 for the money
>boomers win

Is there a big difference between the Redmi S2 and the Redmi Note 5 when it comes to the processor?
Seems like the S2 with 4/64gb is the same price, or lower, as the Note 5 3/32gb variant.

If you're talking about the redmi note 5 with the SD636 there's a pretty big difference, otherwise if you're comparing the SD625 version they are the same cpu

I am pretty annoyed by my LG V20 ... I might switch back to an LG G4. Too bad it's a ticking bomb as well (bootloop will most likely fuck me at the most inconvenient time).

> Trusting Xiaomi pajeets and actually falling for the redmi note 5 meme

Redeem yourself by taking a bullet in the head fucking idiot.

Unlocked for $140, if it lasts 10 months its worth it

Chinkd

What's the best service to get in Lexington KY? I currently have an Honor 7, but I'll probably get something new anyway.

Attached: amazondexperia.png (1748x788, 451K)

Pixel 2

Xiaomi Mi A1
or
Nokia 6.1
or
Moto G6 ?

Please help

Seconding

See:

You can - by a device which doesn't inevitably bootloop.

redmi note 5>all three you mentioned

Nokia 6.1

Cheaper ≠ better

shit, forgot to tell you to buy the global version. it's should be common sense but some retard bought china version and too dumb to flash global version.

>
this retard I'm talking about.

How is the Xiaomi Redmi S2?

Attached: 1423782943778.jpg (250x213, 7K)

>locked bl
>3000mah
>sd630
>5.5 on 16:9
>somehow more expensive
>"cheaper ≠ better"
lmao

Pointless, there is no reason for it to exist. It doesn't fit anywhere in xiaomi's lineup and was probably created to confuse Indian people.

Xiaomi redmi 5 pro compact. I pray for this everyday

redmi note 5

Have you ever used a xiaomi? They are absolute dogshit.

I'm using rn5 right now. That's why I can recommend it. Why do you prefer nokia 6.1?

Better screen, better processor better build quality better software support etc.

Is this still a good buy if I don't want a big phone?

>ARE YOU STILL WHINING ABOUT THEM REMOVING THE DISC PLAYER FROM LAPTOPS

yes, yes I am

Yes.

now you're just making shit up. that's just your opinion, here's fact.
m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8972&idPhone2=8893
>screen both IPS
>sd636>sd630
>aluminium and front glass
software support can't argue but not much difference and I can unlock and root on non nokia phones.

Moto G5 Plus

Meh, get a Redmi Note 5 instead.

Fuck me that's a good deal. The cheapest SD835 phone atm?

XA2 Ultra for a BIG phone (6.0" 16:9)

The Nokia 3.1 has the perfect size but is it a good phone?

That's the pro version you dipshit and it doesn't even support bands for the civilized world

Pretty much. Nokia 8 is like 300 euros.

Honor 7X is 169 on Amazon today. Should I cop or no?

Is the Fairphone worth it or just a meme?

Attached: wew.png (500x522, 15K)

if you care about a phone being fair then yeah sure. It's not the best phone by any means, but it sends a great message to phonemakers

Life exists outside of the US.

Wait for xa2 plus

Note 8 or Pixel 2 XL?

I am considering iPhone X but I'm not sure if it is a good choice for work (I am doing a pentest internship)

anyone already has a xiaomi mi 8 or mi 8 se? if so how is it?

I wonder when they will have one that has a notch but under the screen and it turns that part of the screen off when you are ready to take a picture. Would be neat.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
SHILLS ETERNALLY BTFO
androidauthority.com/phone-models-repair-report-886115/

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-16-14-46-11.jpg (1080x880, 278K)

If you need a phone now, cop

I'm surprised apple hasn't done this, they'll probably make more expensive than an iphone with front camera.

>no front camera
Selfie taking normie sycophants won't buy it

dio cervello, ma c'è un asino che risponde?!

Alright cool

Pixel 2 xl

essential phone is $270 is that a good deal?

Fuck yes, where did you see that?

amazon prime day $250

I managed to get a OnePlus 5t working on Verizon after much effort. It is possible, but extremely buggy. For example, if I don't turn on airplane mode BEFORE I reboot, it won't have mobile data on the next boot. Weird bugs, but works. Voice text and 3G mostly, intermittent LTE

Bom they have a lot of problems and the owner is selling the company and cancelled their next phone

Oh fucking well, the PH-1 is still a great phone with great specs and a ton of developer support

The xz1c doesn't $350 is much better

grazie!

Nokia 7+, Mi 6x, OP6 or Mi8?

Speak english much?

Is Project Fi worth getting if you live in NY?

Thinking of getting a Moto G6 because of it.