A tablet with a keyboard attached

>a tablet with a keyboard attached
Why?
Wasn't the whole point of tablets to drop the keyboard and mouse in the first place?

Attached: ipad pro smart keyboard cover.jpg (660x439, 66K)

apple sheep buy anything
the logitech keyboard for the ipad pros is a million times nicer too
>back lit keys
>actual adjustable viewing angle
>back cover to protect the casing of the ipad
>little sleeve to hold apple pencil
>20 dollars cheaper

what the fuck is wrong with apple lately

>apple sheep buy anything
>what the fuck is wrong with apple lately
I actually wasn't just talking about Apple. I was talking about any company that manufactures what is essentially a tablet with a keyboard, including the Surface line, and the Pixel C. None of those products make sense on a grand scale, philosophically. Especially the Surface.
All they did was take the internals and move them to behind the screen.

it's nice to have the choice to go between the two ways of use on the same device for some people i guess

There never was a point in tablets. Touch screen is just a blanket solution for UI because mobile developers hate efficiency.

Speaking of Logitech, I had this shit back in the iPad 2 days and it was fucking amazing.

They're great if you like reading. I use mine as basically a more capable Kindle and get a ton of use out of it. They're especially great when travelling, since they last through a long flight and if the battery does die they can charge from a power bank or seatback USBs.

>kicking back reading a book on your tablet on the couch
>concept in the book reminds you of something you want to write about
>switch tasks to Word, plug in tablet keyboard
>start typing away on your next project
>somewhere far away, autists on a Cambodian gemcutting forum screech that you're not efficient enough

The ability to have or ditch the keyboard/mouse whenever you want is a glorious thing.

>>concept in the book reminds you of something you want to write about
user please.

tablets are born ded. It can't compete with laptops, it can't compete with smartphones in portability, it can't compete with ebook readers in convenience of reading and experience that you get, it has battery that will not survive watching 2 movies without powerbank, most likely it has no good sound.

Programming, typing, any other stuff on the touchscreen? You will suck with sweaty, fat or just dirty hands, so if you are soldering, if the weather is very hot, if you are a mechanic with always dirty hands and you need to find some information, you need to wash your hands first before using it.

So basically people are buying tablets just to turn it into the netbook lately. Into the netbook that likely will not survive its second falling on the ground, also where you can't replace a shit, because everything on the board is small and fragile (with planned obsolence provided).

Tablet is a meme.

"Me too" in response to the Surface.

>There never was a point in tablets
sure there was, it's a bigger screen for you to consume content on (after apple, google, etc. have taken your money for it, of course)

yeah but it didn't work so they are going back

Just because you know, people like to use keyboards for typing, but majority of the normies can't really operate anything other than Mac (polished linux), where mac will cost you at least 1/2 the price of an iPad. You need keyboard for proper typing. You also need a dump device for the dump user base.

WHATS A COMPUTER

The surface is a weird product. Yes, it's a tablet with pen support, but it becomes a laptop with the keyboard cover. It's the only tablet thing where using a keyboard makes sense.

Tablet with a keyboard can actually be extremely comfy.

t. Surface Pro 3 with the pro 4 keyboard

How do you use it when you lay down in bed or on the couch?

Great for reading and taking notes if there is a stylus. Light work too. Not good for most normal 9 to 5 jobs.

i like the yoga design a lot better for lap-tablet

>Tablet is a meme.
nah. This shitty apple pencil thing is great if you are a normie. Surface is actually also great.
If you study, you could use that shit to not use papers or whatever. Write straight to the pdf e.g.
It´s great, if you don´t do heavy work on it, like trying to work with a 2gb json file, then you need a laptop.

Attached: p9ru9tk4.png (1366x768, 493K)

it is for the moment when you realize a tablet was a mistake and that you should have bought a laptop as well