Is it even possible to create a gmail/youtube account without giving them your phone number?

Is it even possible to create a gmail/youtube account without giving them your phone number?

Attached: google-logo[1].png (2800x2800, 216K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hs3x.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

I did once. Then they claimed my logins were somehow "unusual", and kept asking for my geographic location. Really difficult service to use, would not recommend.

They require a phone number. It doesn't have to be yours. But you need one so they can "ping" you (txt message or talk to actual person).

>talk to actual person
For creating an account? That's new, and scary.

You could through bluestacks. I'm not sure if you can anymore.

>It doesn't have to be yours.
It pretty much does though, seeing as they'll ask for a code instantly, and then whenever they detect you're signing in from a new device.

I've never seen the geographic location one but I used to be able to make an account without a phone number once in a blue moon, not any longer it seems.
I'd be fine with any other method other than phone number, I've been locked out of other accounts because I used a phone number and then lost access to that number so I can't access the account anymore

It was really easy in 2015 but your pot makes me think it's harder now.
There's always a way to create a gmail account without your n° tho, you gotta scroll through their bullshit.
Just so you know they end up knowing your number anyways if you use it on your phone.

>There's always a way to create a gmail account without your n° tho, you gotta scroll through their bullshit.
I wish, I tried doing it through gmail, and through youtube, through my phone too, all of them pull the same "we need your phone number to verify it's you" shit

I'll try resetting my IP and see if that works but I doubt it.

>For creating an account? That's new, and scary.
You'll only have to talk to someone if you can't receive text messages (landline for example) or they detect something "odd". But most of the time it is just a text message.

>You could through bluestacks.
I attempted to do it with android-x86. But I couldn't figure out how to register w/o a number.

Yes, I did a google/gmail/youtube account weeks ago and they didn't ask me for the phone number nor kept asking.

Remember when Google would recommend to not put your personal informations in your account? Not even your real name.

They know it anyway

Yeah they figured it out low key.
Now they know they can ask it and 99% of the fags will give it with a smile on their face.

Those were the days.

Attached: 1499466305343.jpg (1436x674, 218K)

The internet went to shit really quickly didn't it?

My 2009 google account was created and is in use today without ever adding a phone number.

>thread fucking lying to make Google look bad
You can make an account and opt out. The only time it asks you again is if you reset your password or log in on a foreign device. It's a security suggestion. Only retards would do it or not put a fake name on this You didn't even have to go that far. They gave you the option to revert it weeks later, albeit with G+ still integrated. The only time it will demand a phone number is if you want to livestream on Youtube. Google does way worse things than merely suggest an extra security method,guys.

Fuck off idiot

burner phone obviously or a phone that can take minutes so in the case that you get locked out just buy some more minutes.

This, I made like 10 gmail accounts before a phone number was ever needed and just cycle through those

Anyone tried with an old android like KitKat?

t. shill

literally just buy a small burner phone

What? In the other day I've just made a burner Google account and I skipped the phone number shit.

>Buy throwaway sim
yes

> tfw 23 yo boomer who still doesn't share his personal information online

Attached: serveimage.jpg (480x480, 32K)

try it

No. You need to verify with an actual phone you use.

wouldnt it be better to just buy an actual non-shit email account instead?

Pay cash for it. Cash you won gambling.

I have around 6 gmail accounts without using a phone number; 2 were made recently.

You can provide an alternative email instead.
They ask it for account recovery purposes. They don't need your silly phone number to datamine you. If anything that is one less data point and they could care less.

You can't create an account without verifying a phone number. There is no way to skip that part of the new account setup.

/thread

Attached: goolag.png (700x504, 282K)

Go back in time and create a gmail then

If you create an account through the settings of an android device, you can do it. I made one recently in this way. The only thing is they place some restrictions on accounts without a phone and will bug you about it whenever you login. Could probably use an emulator or vm as well.

yes

Attached: output.webm (758x500, 1.75M)

There is no section under the phone number for me. The phone number is the only option on the screen. So congrats to you. I'll just sit here fuming.

Attached: feelsbadman.jpg (396x385, 51K)

Nice photoshopping

Attached: i have more too.webm (740x500, 2.21M)

1. Buy prepaid phone
2. Make google account and register it to that number
3. Create google hangouts and get a free hangouts phone number (requires prepaid number)
4. Change your google account to be linked to the hangouts number

Now you can dispose of/never use the prepaid phone and your google account is self-contained

oh shit it actually werks, i chose monsterkin instead of plantkin though

Attached: 1521294808673.png (1313x368, 31K)

Where are you from? It might be some US cuckoldry going on

They still don't have mine apparently, though I created mine back in the invite-only days

I even get a notification on my phone sometimes telling me to enter my phone number for increased account security

I'm in the US. I suppose it is a little encouraging seeing others setting up accounts without numbers. I don't need the email and if I ever did "need" gmail I would go the prepaid phone route. It still sucks they don't make it easier to go numberless.

I've done so many times. I still can.

But I live in the Netherlands. And I add my phone number afterwards anyway, because I want to keep my accounts secure.

did you pick custom gender?, i'm not in the US and it never lets me make a new account without a phone number either but this time it worked

It did. The Internet of Things is not just an aids-y name, it's an event.

yes and no.
I think of it as a tax.
I go get a burner phone for as cheap from the gas station, use it to create the account, and then don't use it for anything else.

>it actually worked

Attached: 1531717743259.jpg (212x212, 9K)

get a email on another service that doesn't need a number and use that as the verification instead of the number

you still have to enter a phone # if you want to start 2FA process
Here's a free number(s)
hs3x.com/
start 2fa, gibs burner number
set up two hardware tokens
remove burner number

Buy burner walmart phone with cash.

What country are you in?

Didn't work the numbers were used too many times according to Google.

just use a burner but if you are using google they are tracking your ass anyway

Yes, they ask only occasionally

>megahacker_1337 -> skolinck
>skolinck literally means "school boy" in Russian
Pottery

My Gmail accounts are 12-14 years old... Not that I use them anymore but they would always pester me for phone number etc.

Don't you need to show ID when buying a prepaid phone in the US?

Attached: 1468784983273.jpg (500x500, 63K)

Look up 10 minute SMS.

You forgot to mention this is done when trying to create a new Google account for a user in Chrome/Chromium (profiles). That's at least how it worked for me.

I just made one to try it out, I could leave the phone number field blank and it let me through. I'm in Hungary, EU.

no you can buy the plans in cash at any major retailer
GSM ftw

>>skolinck literally means "school boy" in Russian
Wrong. It's "shkolnick" or something like that.

You could a couple of months ago, but not any more.

Try installing Android in a virtual machine. I don't think they ask you for a phone number when making an account for your new phone.