Anyone else steal equipment like ram, hard drives, computers, and even servers from their work as an IT dude...

Anyone else steal equipment like ram, hard drives, computers, and even servers from their work as an IT dude? I stole at least 20k of equipment in my career

Attached: 1531760218479.jpg (1960x1436, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KIXz_vzROrw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

After an acquisition in the late 90s, the redundant dept. sent us all their kit. Several Thinkpads of various quality. Nobody wanted them, so I liberated them. They saw years of use by other folks. It was theft, but it was also recycling.

give it back jamal

My name is Sharquesta

No, that would be illegal, immoral, and I would probably get fired.
I just ask for hardware that we are decommissioning and they give it to me because its cheaper than sending it to be recycled. I don't think anyone higher up thought older hardware could be sold rather than sent to a recycling center, I'm not going to correct them.

As a Jow Forumsitzen you should ujderstand that laws are problematic and very GAY.

then why didn't you kill your parents and your kids

Because then he'd stop getting gibs

No because almost everything I'm working on is a piece of shit on its last legs

Nobody wants 512mb sticks of DDR2 or whatever

one word
NEETbucks

stahp it tyrone

>t.Tyrese

As the only IT person for my company, I get to decide what gets decommissioned and where it goes.
Usually I just hoard everything in my office and reissue it until it's absolutely useless though.
Whenever I upgrade a laptop to a ssd, the old 500gb drive gets decommissioned right into my possession, otherwise it's usually I that gives work shit for free.
Whenever I need an odd adapter or a cable and can't wait for shipping, I'll just take one from home and replace it with my company card eventually.

So is this the ni/g/ger thread?

I bet you have stolen that name too, give it back LeShawn

mostly old laptops. there is a set limit on how many can not be turned before the laptop company starts asking questions.
also a few webcams, SSDs, and monitors. pajeets too busy kissing managements dick to care.

Not IT, but there is always waste that the company wants to get rid of, but they wont give it away because of waste policy's.
There is so much that is taken home by people, not because they want it but because the company does not need it.

But what you are saying is very nigger tier, you should be sold of to a coal mine

No, it's another FBI thread to see if Jow Forums is full of anons dumb enough to post a public confession.

Yeah but just from unused equipment
They have lots of shit with a "faulty PSU" sticker on it and no one cares
I just steal the HDD

>Steal cheap electronic shit
>Get charged with federal cyber crime

>no transparency
Disgusting.

Because laws aren't the thing stopping me from doing that? I don't get my morality from laws.

then prove that laws aren't stopping you by killing them

Nice attempt at obscurity, department of homeland security.

The only thing I've 'stolen' is the source I wrote for an open source library in our proprietary software, because my boss refuses to purchase the product proprietary license, but also refuses to open source the rest of the project

There was a guy like you at one of my old workplace. He walked off with a Dell PowerEdge that was recently decommissioned. The building has two exits and both of them are guarded 24/7. None of the guards liked the dude. To this day I wonder how he did it.

>my boss refuses to purchase the product proprietary license, but also refuses to open source the rest of the project
and you didn't murder him, why exactly?

He was a cool guy besides, and he had a ton of shit that he had to take care of. Honestly, I've been very conflicted about the entire situation

if you wrote the open source library in the first place, all you did was convey permission to use it without whatever copyleft license you wanted to use before you cucked yourself. You didn't 'steal' anything.
If you didn't write the library (hard to tell from your wording) then you're a scumbag.

Sorry. I meant I used the library for things within the project. I open source all of my personal things under the gpl 2 or 3

Hello NSA, I see you are enjoying your time in Jow Forums. Good.

And I also pushed him frequently to purchase the license

This. The NSA watches you masturbate.

I hope they enjoy the show

Everything written here is fiction though.

>20k
Amateur...

it's actually just really advanced satire

>he doesn't have sense of righteousness
>he needs laws to know what is right and wrong
get out faggot

No but when I learned my company was going to replace me with a pajeet I deleted all my documentation for every server and swapped the passwords for every machine.

Attached: devilish.jpg (199x253, 13K)

Based and redpilled

Bass and bluegill

Nice

>not setting up a crontab so every password gets swapped a few days after the other guy is in charge, he gets fired and the person who fired you in the first place gets also fired

6/10

Not steal, per se. But my previous job had a budget that we had to use every year for upgrades, and the old components would have been thrown away, so I just took them home instead.

Attached: elon misk.png (575x413, 171K)

The fuck do federal agencies care about petty theft?

>there is a set limit on how many can not be turned before the laptop company starts asking questions.

Please explain.

hello CIA

Attached: 1528397748673.jpg (1312x555, 154K)

>fun & games
???

>the game

Top-tier arguments 19/10

gay

Anyone else remember the /StealRAM/ user?

Attached: 1435685351976.jpg (4128x2322, 3.67M)

Checkpoint 1000N
NZXT case
Cisco ASA
Swapped my gen1 Scarlett 2i2 for a gen2 we just bought but never touched
WD SSD
x20 NUC6i3SYH
MBP mid 15
fucked my bosses wife

Attached: 1470073936381.jpg (2352x1279, 162K)

faggot

based

Attached: 1476241231063.jpg (600x567, 39K)

fuck you

who told you I didn't :^)

>tfw no qt boy nsa employee to watch you masturbate without your knowledge

Tell that to all the times this site has been frozen for FBI investigations

We're about to scrap HPE Gen8 servers with dual E5 2620s I don't think my boss minds if I take one or two of them. I don't really see myself getting the drives though.

i never stole but i did work for a company without a copyright policy for documentation. i personally copyrighted every piece of documentation i wrote so when some h1b retard got hired over me being promoted i removed all my docs from the repos and quit. they threatened me with a law suit if i didn't give it back and i said that was fine because i had nothing but time to burn anyway and i never heard from them again.

the moral of the story is take advantage where you can because the tech industry will treat you like human trash if it saves them a couple pennies. i don't advocate theft but i also don't advocate rewarding the greed of corporate fuckwits.

Proove your not gay by sucking a huge dick

No.
But I have taken in stuff that was supposed to be trashed but worked perfectly fine, albeit obsolete.

youtube.com/watch?v=KIXz_vzROrw

Kek this

you really fucked me

Stole 5 grand of high end server ram my last month on a job
>mfw they fired someone else for it weeks later

Attached: bEaklTw.png (1413x2000, 1.38M)

Yeah, I’ve taken all sorts of shit just because I wanted it

>hdds
>ssds
>laptop ram
>laptops
>NUCs
>monitors
>switches
>cables
>surface pro
>a hardware firewall

It is insane how wasteful IT can be. Such a blase attitude towards throwing shit away, I figure it’s better if it ends up in my care. Yes I know it’s still illegal.

The other side of this is it is amazing how much of that I got because I asked for it.

Fuck you

Attached: IMG_20180716_202638.jpg (3480x4640, 3.27M)

git revert

>deleted all my documentation for every server and swapped the passwords for every machine.
nice maymay

I GOT IT ONE PIECE AT A TIME AND IT DIDN'T COST ME A DIME

YOU'LL KNOW ITS ME WHEN I LOG ON YOUR NETWORK

Why on earth would you want to kill your parents? Even worse, your children.

Literally a genetic failure. Please self terminate.

You'll be out of a job the 2nd or 3rd time a vendor complains about their gear coming back missing components you fuck.

all i've "stolen" was broken hardware that got abandoned, to keep on my desk to look cool

probably my desk has 5k $ worth of stuff on it, if it worked. but it failed quality control, so it was left in the "graveyard," and i got permission to take relics from there.

t. not an IT guy but a guy who worked/works in a scientific electronics lab

>All computers are leased
lmao

When I worked for my local school district I got to take home things like EOL projectors and minor things like any cool peripherals I found or adapters/cables I needed.
The main benefit was being able to use the electronics / metal working lab whenever I wanted.

Now that I work for the DoD, absolutely nothing. I would be facing legal action even for something like a decade old monitor or power supply.

>Follow Us On
>Itunes
What music is FBICore kino?

Attached: 1469302560991.png (400x750, 187K)

>tfw once work put me in charge of the investigation to find out what had happened to some missing equipment since I was the head of IT and the only person with any skill in the department
>spend a lot of time and money to try and find the culprit
>eventually finger some paki who can barely speak English after catching him on a security camera I had set up, so he gets fired
>tfw the person who was actually stealing everything was me

Attached: 1523778413057.gif (224x320, 2.54M)

nice tabs

if you really have a """moral""" why you keep killing other living beings for a living by eating it?
if you really do have a """moral""" you should kill yourself or even better your offsprings and erase every single thing that is related to you so there wouldn't be any human being left that kill other living being for a living
but no, what you consider right and wrong is just whatever the fuck society told you to do so
there's no right nor wrong, you only decide what you think is right and what you think is wrong
I failed to see the extinction of mankind is a bad thing
what mankind did were just keep living and multiplying until every natural resource is consumed
they're literally just a virus
so the only good thing a human being can do is killing himself, so kill yourself

I stole a PC from school once
And there was this weeded out old Mexican gay guy who had a liquidator store that miraculously always had stuff I was looking for and even a few things I asked about my previous visits.
Not my problem

I'm the only IT guy at my workplace and i've only stolen patch cables and some dongles. If I want something from work i'll just check it out because im not a fucking retard.

nice

This is the correct answer.

No bro, speckled trout, and red drum.