LMAO

Why didn't they just fly them out of the path of the hurricane?

Your tax dollars at work, people

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2018-10-15-13-15-07.png (1010x856, 423K)

>Why didn't they just fly them out of the path of the hurricane?
>>Why didn't they just fly them
>fly them
That would be prohibitively expensive.

I read that around 12 were damaged, over a billion of damages in just those planes.

For fucks sake why let your most advanced aircrafts in tin shacks in a place where its known for hurricanes?

Why didn't they just tow it on a barge + tugboat through the hurricane? That would work well

Why didn't they just drive an aircraft carrier into the eye of the hurricane and put all of the planes there?

that's sad

Alhamdulilah

Attached: 1463005182854.png (257x196, 6K)

nuke the hurricanes

You don't understand how powerful hurricanes are
How are the Jets supposed to reach the eye?

By sitting parked on the aircraft carrier.

How is the Aircraft carrier supposed to reach the eye?

I'm the ideas guy not the engineer.

$339 million each. 22 abandoned in the storm.

Attached: Complete Loss.jpg (776x1194, 176K)

based God

Gas yourself Schlomo.

This lmao

Carrier can just swim through.
I mean, can Nimitz-type carrier be sunk by waves? certainly not, it is way too big and stable

Military bases are supposed to be built to withstand this type of thing. I guess they thought they would be okay. I'm more concerned as to why 22 out of 55 Raptors were in for repairs.

Based

Based tax dollars hard at work

These are not ordinary waves. Im not exactly knowledgeable on the capabilities of these ships but hurricanes are not a joke even if they are weaker. Crazy powerful

I'm starting to feel sorry for burgers, it was funny a couple of years ago but now they are making thread worthy shit every fucking day it's like they are the new pajeets

>park the important plane at open ground while storm
based

If I were a foreign government I would start deploying agents to military bases everytime there's a storm from this point onwards

>as to why 22 out of 55 Raptors were in for repairs.
I don't know too much, but aircraft is a very high maintenance thing. I wouldn't be surpised if that's normal.

>first crashing Arleigh Burkes by incompetence
>now being lazy with their F-22's

The fuck is happening?

Shitloads of early speculative news so not clear how many actually there were, but about the flying away ... modern fighter jets are not constantly flight ready. They are sort of like race cars that need a lot of work and many parts replaced after a flight. Those, that didn't fly away, were probably in process of having a serious engine overhauls or something.

Also F-22 is a rather large plane, so not so easy to haul away with truck or something. The wingspan of 14m means that it would cover 4 lanes of highway.

Currently F-22s have about 50-60% availability rate (it was 49% in 2017). Now this measures whether ready for mission and doesn't directly translate to whether they are capable of flying away from a hurricane.

Attached: PCIKWYF4HZGV3LH3MI7TRE7CUI[1].jpg (600x1058, 151K)

This exact thread is on Jow Forums

This would have never happened if they named them Tornado Raptors

I post on /o/ and /sp/ and frequently come across the same threads and posts as well. I'm going to assume Jow Forums is probably 50% the same.

tyndal afb got shit on by the hurricane lol. there was nothing they could have done to save the base itself, it got the full force of a super powerful hurricane

You'd imagine they'd park those things in a bunker.

An American plywood + drywall bunker

Syrians do it cooler imo.

Attached: file.png (1000x541, 915K)

why the fuck was it moved here holy shit

They were probably out of commission for maintenance.