Is this board of any use?

Is this board of any use?
how can i steal an wifi protected with passowrd?

Attached: Homer-Watching-TV-Eating-Junk-Food-On-The-Simpsons.gif (280x210, 1015K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wigle.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

install gentoo

Enter the correct password.

give it back jayquan

No, I've never found one useful thing on this whole board desu. Every complex technical question has been ignored, and every thread is either unintelligible jargon or insanely banal.

Prove me wrong reddit.

ever heard of hydra?
i bet it can brute force a simple password
just gotta make sure the dude never checks his router's "connected devices" page

I know but you're a newfag so I won't help you.

>that 23-year-old boomer who doesn't know how to steal an wifi protected with passowrd

Attached: 1530916513463.png (380x349, 90K)

It's legit easier to ask the owner for their wifi password and say that you need to borrow it. Brute force takes way too long and is not worth it.

According to Mr. Robot, you just look at your neighbor, notice his Yankees hat, lookup his birthday, then successfully deduce his password is Yankees0377.

You need two gentoos to do that
I heard they went in price lately

Attached: 1509856931857.jpg (475x594, 166K)

this
you're not getting a wpa2 password without physical intervention

you either need to ask for it or steal it from a device that knows it

>and every thread is either unintelligible jargon
not our fault you're a brainlet

This is simply not true
Unfortunately Jow Forums nowadays is full of wangblows cucks that couldn't pass an A+ exam

Most people leave router default config meaning WPS will be enabled. You need Kali and ideally an Alfa wireless card (about 30 buckaroos on amazon). Look into reaver and pixiedust attack.
You can also capture an authentication handshake from a client, easy to Google you can use tools to knock a user off and capture the packets of when they reconnect. Then you can use a password dictionary to find password. You can make dicrionary of the now common {word}{0-9}{word}{0-9}{word} pattern.
Another way is to clone the access point (evil twin attack) you can turn up the radio on a cheap SOHO past FCC standards with custom firmware or make/buy an antennae. Deauth users and have them reconnect to your fake AP and you can get the PSK. You may have to make a fake password portal.

Give it back Jamal.

Cancer. Too many idiots use WEP for me to waste time with this autism.

you don't need Kali, wtf.

>gamer-tier hacker who followed the instructions on some hacking tutorials and thinks he knows his shit

you realize WPS is not the default on most routers any more too right?

the evil twin thing can work, but scraping what people type in as their password is not easy.

go home hacker kiddie. the guys on hackthebox.eu probably all know more than you do, since they're real gamer-tier CTF hackers, not wannabe CTFers like you

Do you (or other anons) really see WEP access points in the wild? I can't hear any from where I live, though there's several WPA1 ones.

WPS is so easy because mathematically it is so broken.
>8 digit PIN 10^8
>A digit is a checksum 10^7
>First four digits checked independently 10^4

Most of passwords nowadays are just sets of random strings.
So only a brute force attack will work.
Dunno hoe the fuck you came up with using wordlists.
Maybe if it's a thomson one but no one uses them anymore

Attached: 1510513483348.gif (303x333, 2.57M)

>CTF babby rule following h4x0r gamez
>Not having Kali amongst multiple other tools readily available on a flash drive

Hacking wifi is babby tier skid shit in the first place. I gave an answer that any retard could pick up and use.

tl,dr
brainlet go back to /a/

Attached: 1531789357070.jpg (645x729, 49K)

based

based AND redpilled

2 near me right now out of 5, and i live in florida

>Florida
Oh boy

Attached: 1527046298311.jpg (1024x903, 70K)

Give it back Jamal

well that would explain some things

Attached: 1506740127577.jpg (596x955, 190K)

this. brute forcing is nearly impossible unless it's WPS enabled

>every thread is either unintelligible jargon or insanely banal.
You just described all of Jow Forums. It's all gibberish and nonsense.

nibba please, it's not all crap.

>im gonna get a white one right now

Just 85% of it

Look up "airecrack-ng" and figure it out

Read all you can find about the supposed "Krack attack" against WPA2 since that's what you're most likely up against and the passwords ISP's set now are like GAsdgASDgfa3425ASDFG and shit

>Do you (or other anons) really see WEP access points in the wild?

If only there was some service that mapped out wifi access points, and let you sort them by the encryption type. Then you could find out the answer for yourself rather than relying on other people.

wigle.net/

That's fucking easy. Just install Gentoo.

you will need AT-5000

Attached: AutoDialer_AT5000.jpg (640x480, 37K)

>wps
>2018

Have you been living under a rock fot the past 5 years? You're actually fucking retarded. Go back to watching 1337 hacking tutorials and minding your own business you brainlet

but it's true, social engineering is the most viable way of getting someone's password, that and shitty security options like password and email resetting

Attached: florida.gif (320x240, 722K)

Just run a cable from your pc to the router and plug it in

Unironically this.

>"Hello, I'm from [local provider], you had any connectivity problems lately? No, this is simply routine, it takes only one second. But you can call my boss at [calling card with Logo and number of some friend]."

Stealing an wifi protected with passowrd is hard, but it can be done
>Locate the physical router (is it your neighbour's etc) next, gather intel about the local pet (is it a bunny, etc) then proceed to guess it's name (don't ask your neighbour, he'll become suspicious and change the pet's name to something with symbols or numbers in it which makes it impossible to guess), if it's a white bunny guess snowball etc. Now try to guess when your neighbours age. Try to sneak in question's like "Hey ____, remember Hey Arnold's golden age back in 1999?", this will give you important intel.
>The tricky part is over, this is where the fun begins. Simply connect the dots. Try "Snowball1992". If that doesn't work, gather more intel and try again until you're in.
>Congratulations, you're now part of the secret hacker organization on Jow Forums. Your new hacker name alias is G0t0.

>"Hey ____, remember Hey Arnold's golden age back in 1999?"

Attached: download.jpg (186x272, 7K)

>an WiFi
>an

>with passowrd
>passowrd

Leave now pajeet.

He's copying the OP you dumb-dumb.

Learn reading comprehension.

It's doesn't matter that the key space is so small because most routers will lock you out after 5 or so failed attempts for 24 hours or even permanently, even the shitty ISP supplied ones. Some also only allow an attempt after a button is physically pushed on the router making them practically immune.

Pixie dust is still a thing but it's only a handful of chip sets that are vulnerable which are slowly being replaced.

thats why you get the handshake

Attached: 1522749262290.jpg (490x376, 45K)

Alright, I smirked