Any luck Jow Forums?

Any luck Jow Forums?

Attached: JOB.jpg (1000x710, 249K)

>boss gives me a couple hundred extra bucks to spend on prime day
I love my job.

Attached: 1529567639889.gif (500x380, 780K)

I didn't see much that was really interesting.
Bought a 10Ah Anker power bank, and a micro SD card.

What is your job?

Nope. McDonald's won't even hire me

I joined the military, now I just shitpost and write scripts all day, except I wear camo to work.

I have awful luck with my applications due to my sub par resume but I'm at 100% hire once I get the interview.

We're on the internet and all but I think it's because I'm attractive.

I was seriously eyeing that Ryzen 2700 even though I hadn't even maxed out my 1600 in all honesty. I wish there was some RAM on sale, I could do with a couple more sticks. Might just settle for some audio equipment and maybe a nicer mousepad since I don't think I really need anything else at the moment.

>What is your job?
Got a comfy silicon valley gig. Pretty nice, desu.

Attached: 1527886793432.jpg (710x475, 177K)

I'm pretty ugly but I'm also still at 100% in person pass rate, I think I'm just confident and communicate my tech skills well

I'm at work shitposting through the hallways.

I can't justify upgrading my 4790k either, I just don't do anything that taps it all the way out.

Silicon Valley is quite attractive, with the amount of money that gets thrown around there, but I don't know how much someone in my field would get paid (Network admin/engineer), and I really enjoy my current job. 40 hours weeks, and out of those 40 hours I only "work" for *maybe* 15 of them.

I make a little below median for Net engineers in my area (about $50k ish), but I really don't spend much money. I have 30% of my pay automatically going into long-term investments.

I got a wagecuck job once, to work as full-stack webdev.
To be fair I didn't know jack shit about HTML, CSS, JS and PHP, so I guess it was fair.

The company was fucking shit though, they didn't know ES6, didn't use any PHP framework, didn't know what was a package manager, didn't know how to automatize tests. Used fucking Netbeans to writte their code.
I hope I find something better next time.

I'm 28 and haven't worked since 21. My mental state is far worse now and I have become a recluse. Luckily I can tinker my operating system and play games thanks to parents. If it gets to that point, I'll pkill myself.

>Don't have any IT experience or certs.
Guess I'm staying a reclusive NEET for now because fuck no I won't be able to survive retail again.

Hello agent

Get a CompTIA A+ cert and then apply for tech support. Make connections with people, and accumulate more certs in your free time. Apply to higher paying jobs, make a career in IT, etc...

Yeah, that's what I'm working on now, just started with the Mike Meyers A+ video course and book last week and am hoping to complete the A+, Net+, Sec+ trifecta by the end of next year while I work. Then, I dunno, CCNA or MCSA or something, I haven't thought that far ahead yet.

Thank you for the advice though!

Any recommendations for jobs for someone that's got way more experience on the hardware side of computing than the software side? I'm not looking for a career or anything, just a comfy side job to get some money in the bank while I finish my degree/work out what the fuck I'm doing with my life/not be poor.

I've done food service for the past 5 years and I don't really wanna keep going with it because it's a shit job overall, despite paying well.

I can't code for shit other than copy pasting garbage from the internet or basic unix command line stuff but I've built somewhere round a dozen computers for friends as well as recommending builds for people for years on here. To top it off I'm near constantly fixing other people's computers for them, but I reckon the majority of Jow Forums does that anyway. I've used Linux, MacOS, and Windows pretty extensively and fixing them isn't usually a problem.

I've thought about applying to some of the local computer/tech shops around because I feel like I can give good advice for people buying new shit as well as being able to fix older stuff but I have no idea what the job's like or what to put in a resume that won't make me sound like some autistic teenager that knows fuck all about computers applying for their first job at a computer shop because they think it'll be easy.

Should I put in that I've repaired 50+ iPhones over the years as some sort of tech experience or is that irrelevant to what I'm applying for? What about intermediate soldering knowledge? Is it even worth trying to get a job at one of these stores?Would I be better off applying for one of those dedicated electronics repair places with what I know?

Attached: 1527566308078.jpg (582x528, 53K)

>get sick of being neet weeb
>quit vg, quit cs, dump stat points into lifting, fucking and being funny
>grind for a few years
>land job as trophy husband
>spend all day dicking around while machines do the dishes and laundry
>get thanked for it

Bragging here because it's not socially acceptable irl. I'm just here for ptg.

Install minikube, docker, helm on your PC and play around with it. If you manage to grasp the concepts and learn how to deploy them on private cloud such as AWS (Free tier is fine) with terraform/ansible you are good to apply for a decent job.

this

Attached: end.jpg (700x992, 88K)

>comfy silicon valley job
>boss just hands a couple of hundred extra
So you're a blood boy or a fuck toy.

Finally sent out my first few applications post-graduation.
Didn't bother with cover letters though, end up thinking too much on them and move on to the next anime/manga since I got bored until late at night and continue the cycle the next day.

Been working since I've finished uni.
At first I worked as sys admin, but later switched to embedded developer (arm c++11) for network device.
Turns out the networking stuff turns out to be profitable.
I'm quite happy with the job switch. And all this shit in less than 5 years.
>t. polish fagoot

Working as a low level supervisor in logistics for one of Amazons contractors in Europe, job is pretty chill. Considering that I don't have any formal education beyond school it also pays decently. Also some other benefits

>finally found a programming job after 1.5 years of job hunting
>it's webdev, javascript and PHP
>messy codebase
>shit pay
>co-worker smelly pajeet who can't dont anything
>boss is a boomer who doesn't understand anything about tech or programming
>quit my job after 8 months
wtf i hate programming now
i want to go back and do something else with my life

I need to proofread more.

Was rejected 5 times in a row after interviews I clearly did very well on. Running out of funds, will be homeless soon. Yes, it really does happen

Just to follow up:
If any of you really need a job (be it for financial reasons or just to have something to bring up on a date to question what you do) go for logistics. I started as a temp and quickly worked my way up. It's really fucking easy if you have at least half a brain, all of your rivals for better positions will be utterly retarded.

And in this day and age you are seen as some kind of God when you know how to operate a computer properly, if you're lucky you can even deploy self written scripts to improve your workflow.

Best recommendation I have for getting back on your feet. Being successful at any kind of job and being respected by superiors and subordinates builds confidence life nothing else.

And last but not least, logistics looks way better on a resume for the future that a gap or some made up bullshit.

I wish all of you the best of luck

Thank you user. If anyone else has more suggestions for Jow Forums-suitable jobs, I can work on a new copy/pasta.

I'm a pharmacist :3

>javascript
oof

No

Attached: 1531471840953.jpg (1024x1024, 83K)

go away, NSA