Is the inside of black electrical tape conductive?

Is the inside of black electrical tape conductive?

Attached: black electrical tape.jpg (500x500, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=brdmnUBAS00
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

A thread died for this?

youtube.com/watch?v=brdmnUBAS00

No. Electrical tape is an insulator. You wrap it around your loose wire to prevent it from being able to accidentally shock anyone.

Attached: flat 900x900 070 f.u1.jpg (900x900, 73K)

don't worry, i came here to save this thread with my amazing idea. do you think it has been patented yet or will i become a billionaire?? pic related

Attached: faster than the speed of light.jpg (604x444, 33K)

Let me rephrase: if I take some electrical tape and stick it over the surface of a laptop motherboard, will I have problems?

>What is Google/Bing/...?
>>>/sqt/
>OP literally ignores the only thread pinned
>The litteral state of Jow Forums
Do us a favor and kys like you did to this thread

You have mental problems already, yes

This. I'm afraid it's too late for you OP

No but it is poisonous.

This stuff already has been discovered with stuff like quantum entanglement, but that is still a badass idea.

This, be careful. The sticky part of the tape is fairly poisonous. Don't touch without gloves on.

nothing can be a perfect insulator

Attached: 1478225102879.jpg (300x283, 18K)

>Electrical tape, is it conductive
>Electrical tape
>"does duct tape conduct air?"
Sure user the air travels along the tape that is used to patch duct?
>Being this much a brainlet

Fuck all of you. When people consider electrical tape to be an insulator, it means the tape insulates current from one side from current from the other side. What OP is asking is if this applies across one uninterrupted side of the tape.

Quantum entanglement effects do not transmit information faster than light.

No stupid ass

Everything is conductive if the voltage is high enough.

Read High Speed Influencing Machines.

Nigger what

Look user! I invented a cool uniform material where only side of it is conductive but not to the opposite side! It turns out that the electrons really do have a concept of different sides of a material. I'll call it electrical tape. People will use it as an insulator for some reason.
> Things that didn't happen

Well each side is made out of different materials. One side is sticky, the other side is black.

no user, that's the point of electrical tape

wouldn't the rod be heavy as fuck though? would probably take a lot of energy

I mean yeah, but the answer is still obviously no

the other end would not respond instantly.

>Brainlet (possibly OP?) detected
OP asked if electrical tape is conductive, not the glue. Also, what part of "electrical tape is an insulator" is so hard for OP to understand. There's reasons why you don't just use other kinds of tape.

>Autist detected

OP asked if the "inside" of the tape is conductive. I assume he means the side with the glue.

>Reading comprehension
Read the whole thing again

Look at the clarification post

install gentoo

Doesn't change a thing. See

Yes, it is designed to make your house consume more power.
Only blue tape is the way to go.

OP here. So the glue is nonconductive? So I can tape over part of my motherboard here no problem?

>not detecting the obvious troll

Yes, if it gets hot though... Maybe not for other reasons. Why are you putting it on the motherboard anyway?

Seemed like a White Knight to me. But perhaps

I need to tape spacers to it. I really don't want to wreck it though. Other tape a better choice?

Electrical is definitely best... But it isn't very strong. It's good for wrapping around stuff. I'd see if I could mount the spacers with the screw holes of the MB. It will be much stronger. But that depends on what you are doing I guess

I have cut pieces of pic related and am trying to secure them around one edge of the board. This is a laptop board and I'm trying to fit it into a new case.

Attached: japanese eraser.jpg (300x169, 14K)

Avoid areas that get hot. Ground yourself while working (insulators do conduct static electricity). Good luck.

Fields still interact at light speed so the stell movement would propagate at light speed

Physically moving the rod would not create detectable changes in the electromagnetic field. The information would be transmitted via a shockwave travelling the length of the rod at the speed of sound of the medium. That's steel in this case, with a speed of sound of around 5 km/s. The speed of light is almost 5 orders of magnitude higher than that.

Guess makes sense, I was thinking in interaction between quantum fields, but I don't know much about physics. Besides that are you an engineer or physicist user?

He has mental problems but you can't answer his question. That makes you just as retarded as he is.

Electrical engineer.

Let me guess, you want to apply liquid metal. Look chum, you gotta use kapton tape instead, handles high temperatures much better and doesn't dry and wrinkle with age.

>OP asked if electrical tape is conductive, not the glue

well aren't you a fucking quad digit iq.

Attached: Jellylet.png (200x202, 10K)

I thought OP's problem is legit. He probably could have done a better job of stating the whole problem in the first post instead of going piece-wise

No the adhesive side is not conductive. If you want something that is, use a wirenut or any variety of splice connector.

Attached: wn-r2210-connection-how-to.jpg (800x1280, 138K)

Aka diode.

So the electrical tape can only insulate current, not voltage or wattage? Makes sense since current cant kill you, not voltage or wattage.

Attached: 1531390701697.png (469x1151, 384K)

Steel movement would propagate at the speed of sound. At the speed of sound in steel.

>can only insulate current, not voltage or wattage

Please tell me you're shitposting and I don't actually share this board with someone this stupid

Attached: Screenshot_2016-02-22-01-05-57.png (720x1280, 614K)

why the fuck would it be

Anything is conductive with enough voltage

But seregei, if there is no current, then there is no voltage

Voltage no, EMF yes

uhm, sweetie, actually it is conductive, just not very good at it.

Law states that information can't travel faster.
There's no information travelling in this scenario

Capacitors are a thing

That would imply that current has the ability to travel in one dimension through the material but not the other. It's not a fucking blanket keeping the pixies in. It's fucking rubber and shit it does not conduct.

Autoshop.
Kid thinks he as a A++ prank mind.
Removes coil wire from car other kid is working on.
Removes rubber boots from coil wire and places them on an equal length piece of vacuum hose.
By this point every other kid in class plus instructor is gathered round watching, grinning like sheep eating thistles.
Kid puts vacuum hose in place and walks away.
Victim kid comes back, and finishes up his work.
Gets in car.
Everybody is watch from corner of eye.
Kid turns key.
Car starts up instantly and runs like a top.

>he can't into physics
why am i not surprised

>There's no information travelling in this scenario
there's at least one binary bit of information travelling in this scenario

The tape is made of the same insulating material on both sides, man, the whole tape. Just one side has "glue" on it to stick to the conductive surface you want to isolate.

so the adhesive is part of the tape and constitutes one side of the tape but somehow both sides are still the same?

I'll take the bait
No you stupid nigger it won't work because the bump you give will
1. Require a rediculous amount of energy to make any noticeable movement
2. If you do have the force there needs to be a material that can withstand it while transfering a measurable amount to the other end and be reusable.
3. THAT MOVEMENT TRAVELS AT BEST THE SPEED OF SOUND, YOU'RE BETTER OFF MAKING A SUPER MEGA LAZER AND USE THAT INSTEAD.
Customary an hero nigger.