I got bored and made one of the most stupid and hackiest scripts I've ever made

I got bored and made one of the most stupid and hackiest scripts I've ever made

it pipes screenshots and webcam shots through a discord bot. and anyone on the server can trigger it.

I am very bored

Attached: shit.png (1920x1054, 311K)

Too much duplication. And why the fuck are you calling shell scripts? You are already using subprocess.

its very simple
i dont know how to use subprocess
I got the big dummy desu

>im such a goofy and random coder
>muh codes are so wonky OwO
this shit is so played out. stop taking pride in your negligence its not an excuse for lacking personality

sounds like someone had a bad case of the mondays

What's the easiest way to scrape discord posts?

based

Stop using discord. It's malware.

would be easy to just read all new posts into a file if it's on a server you own, probably only a couple lines of code

calling every piece of software malware is a meme and you fucking 12 year old boomers are the ones responsible for the spread by unironically taking the bair

>calling every piece of software malware
Except discord is malware.

get out newfag fuck

Attached: discord.png (1322x355, 39K)

I don't get it, if someone triggers it it uploads a pic of the user to the chat?

autism

>vscode
>discord
stopped reading right there

>discord
>a server you own

There's nothing wrong with his code

>There's nothing wrong with his code
>if
>if
>if
>if
>if

koder please

>There's nothing wrong with his code
>repeating the same block 5 times instead of writing a function

I'll be honest I've been coding just to solve whatever problem I had or to make some stupid idea that I thought would be funny or neat, I don't really do any of it professionally. I would like to get better to make these sorts of things less of a process of trial and error, though. Got any good resources for learning?

Nothing wrong with that, making it into a function isn't going to make it more readable and it's going to take more lines of code to actually write. Something simple like this is better to just copy paste with a couple modifications rather than create more overhead

>ifs instead if dictoswitch
Disgusting

Attached: 1243243214213.jpg (858x536, 75K)

I love how that post rationalizes why skype doesn't profit from your data (hint, it does, read the TOS), then gives excuses as to why those same reasons don't apply to discord.

Sure discord sells your data for profit. So does skype, so does google, so does windows, so does firefox, so does android.

I'm not saying we shouldn't fight against this kind of thing, but just targetting the things you don't directly use while continuing to use many other products that are just as violating is the cheapest form of slacktivism.