/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Previously Whatcha doin', nigggy?

Attached: 0oegfw0330211.png (1704x1136, 855K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sol.gfxile.net/imgui/
github.com/yglukhov/nimx
gradha.github.io/articles/2015/01/writing-c-libraries-with-nim.html
nim-lang.org/docs/threads.html
nim-lang.org/docs/manual.html#threads
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/String/match
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What did you just call me

a fucking nigger

???

NIGGER WITH CAPS

Why is VS Code so fucking glitchy jesus fuck

worked fine on windows, works fine on debian.
what's it doing?

Glitching the fuck out. I have editor, terminal and config panel open. And all hell breaks loose

Works on my machines (fedora, debian, windows 8.1 and 10).

not sure m8, refresh your wm, check for updates, google vcscode glitching + your distro

It's been happening ever since I got my UHD monitor and set up x2 dpi

Hey Jow Forumsuys. I've been spending the last few months teaching myself C with the help of a few books, but I am running into a sort of mental roadblock. I don't have any real goals or projects I want to do with the language. I want to pick up a scripting language and start to learn that, so that I can start to tinker around and make things that are useful to me, as I feel like this will keep me more engaged. Any suggestions on which language I should take a look at? Linux user.

>it's glitching
>whats it doing
>it's glitching

fuck you.

>how can I replicate the problem?
>fix it

>I got my UHD monitor and set up x2 dpi
gdve code . --disable-gpu a try

Please only do functional programming, not dysfunctional programming.

Do I need to know English to program effectively?

Yes, but not very well.

no, the C++ ISO still can't write coherent English after all this time.

What do I have to learn in order to roll out my own GUI toolkit on top of SDL2?

how to do cross platform filesystem stuff in C?

Adding glide to my dependencies in gradle module seems to fuck shit up.

I get a program type already present: android error

And does this in dependencies

Attached: gradle.png (3409x734, 146K)

Never mind the main page said SDK 26, now another page is saying SDK 27.

I've been working on this software for two years that is almost ready for release and I still have no name for my company. Suggest a name /dpt/, something to do with cyber and signals

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (243x278, 41K)

CyberSignal

CySaNal

SiberCygnal

Prolapse

CyNaSal

French

cybersiganal

GUI toolkit design

Here's a link to a tutorial for a GUI library over SDL
sol.gfxile.net/imgui/

Cyber for Singles

Where's the logo?

What does your software do?

Com Trust

Anyone got a suggestion?

python

learn an FPL
also i don't know why you need a scripting lang to make shit. Sounds like you just want something to do until you come back and bitch you still have no projects to do after learning the scripting lang.

Bryce Aligns

Truthfully I am woefully not creative in the least. I don't do any actual work at my job so I am trying to keep myself engaged in something that might make mt day to day more interesting. C is really interesting to think about the core concepts of computing, but I want something I can bang out whenever a stupid idea enters my head, and if it sucks/is useless, at least it didn't take so much time. I like webdev stuff more, but working for clients is cancer.
Thanks for reading my blog.
I figured that would be the answer. Thanks.

ReCOMP

sounds like you want nim.
it's a scripting lang that's also a systems lang.
and for GUI's theres github.com/yglukhov/nimx
or you can use an SDL/whatever binding if you need audio and don't want to roll it yourself.

>nim
Never heard of this before, looks really interesting. Thanks, gonna do some reading on it now!

Why does Jow Forums have no real programmers

CyberSIG

should I be using linux

no problem.
Also if you use indentation syntax and like tabs.
You'll need this filter, since nim only supports spaces officially.
#? replace(sub = "\t", by = " ")

yes
t. finally switched my gaymen pc to debian
wine pretty much just werks for most things i've tried. And there's playonlinux which is neat.

Did someone mention Nim?
There's not a single GUI API that has an API reference, except for maybe half assed DOtherSide QML bindings. Plus threaded application is a no go with Nim.

Nim is a very complicated project with thousands of edge cases but most of the devs left Nim in 2015. Without corporate backing it's DOA.

use vim

>Plus threaded application is a no go with Nim.
where did you read this?

gradha.github.io/articles/2015/01/writing-c-libraries-with-nim.html

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-07-18 01-46-42.png (2480x910, 218K)

>2015

Explain what changed

Attached: 1529548108189.png (544x638, 619K)

literally 8 major versions worth of changes.
and nim is very volatile and not afraid to break code with syntax changes.
nim-lang.org/docs/threads.html

there's also
nim-lang.org/docs/manual.html#threads
Nim's official tuts and docs are fairly nice, use them before saying dumb shit.

CuTeBaLLs

Anyone know why
GlideApp.with(this)
.load("

why are useful languages so fucking ugly?

#include

int fact(int n);

int main()
{
int n = getchar();
fact(n);

return (0);
}

int fact(int n)
{
int result;

if (n == 1) result = 1;
else result = n * fact(n - 1);
putchar(result);

return (0);
}

Why does the a.out display nothing? running cc with -W -Werror -Wall flags

First of all, it probably doesn't start with n you want it to since it returns the ascii value (so for instance 5 = 53). Likewise you output the ascii value and not the result, so you're probably printing out some non-printable character. Furthermore you don't flush stdout.

Added a printf statement in function "fact". It printed out the value of n and it gave me this number:

49484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987654321%

because when people turn 18 they realize that devoting your life to a skill that does nothing but make other people lots of money at the expense of your life is not worth it and they start lifting.
I only program at work and I am not even going to think about it when I get home.

Attached: DhuK-aCUcAANTsi.jpg (240x232, 17K)

CyberNiggers Inc.

I literally lost one (1) hour banging my head against the wall and doing push ups to stay calm because i was dealing with an error in mit-scheme (the debugger is totally garbage without any stack trace error).
The error was so simple, i returned a list instead of the car of the list, i was checking every single procedure used.

Define "real programmer"

Thanks anons

Why not be a sysadmin at a gov office or something like that
Much comfier than being a developer

"Pretty" languages are just an ideal that people have. Look up Lehman's laws, as software evolves, it will get more complex (ugly). Programming languages are just software.

Whenever I want to figure out a name I check greek or roman history. They have a lot of mythology with good names, or in the case of engineering they often had something that you can relate to your product in some way, try to find that and use that

I would have to learn how to become a sysadmin. I have already wasted enough of the prime of my life on this bullshit. I get more than enough money to get by and support a family if I ever have one. I have absolutely no desire to "enjoy" my job.

Attached: cuddle.jpg (600x600, 388K)

install shen

that's false though, d is really nice looking and simplifies a lot while adding a lot.

lol

>no argumetn

Please read Do you know how many times I've seen this same fucking conversation? I don't care to argue. You'll understand when you're older. Feel free to congratulate yourself though: you won!

>i'm old and depressed about my shit life so i don't have to qualify my statements
just kill yourself then you miserable fuck.

t. boomer

-1 for this post. Was unnecessarily mean and toxic.

Does anyone know where the mods are?

cool it with the antisemitism

so these pajeets get a job but i cannot because im white
kms

Attached: file.png (1607x406, 30K)

What? I don't get it.

ebin bait you fucking faggot

you're just retarded

Bait?

why the homophobia

Toxic people I presume

+1

>so these pajeets get a job but i cannot because im white
Actually I'm sure it's because they're very cheap labour, while you're spoiled and expect high wages while never achieving anything significant in your life to motivate it

Fair point but being a sysadmin is piss fucking easy

probably but the fuck should I work below minimum wage in software dev, pointless stress, i'd rather just flip burgers

If you're responding to someone who used a racial slur make sure to blotch out the offending word and report the post.

+1

why the fuck is there a text editor ribbon on top?
if you want to make a joke at least make it good, quality of Jow Forums is constantly declining

>ms word
>text editor

I'm doing jack shit because I'm a future code monkey incapable independent thought.

any reason why I can't use .match twice? ignore the regex mess I just started today with it. day correctly returns a single or double digits number but I can't use match again to differentiate them
>TypeError: day.match is not a function
>day.match is not a function

Attached: 1528514757483.png (758x76, 13K)

types would have prevented this

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/String/match
>Return value
>If the string matches the expression, it will return an Array containing the entire matched string as the first element, followed by any results captured in parentheses.