I have a Thinkpad with a Windows 7 Professional license...

I have a Thinkpad with a Windows 7 Professional license. I recently reinstalled Windows from a pirate AIO iso that included the OEM versions of Windows 7. The machine automatically activated out of the box, and all was well until I changed my desktop wallpaper. Then it told me Windows wasn't genuine, and I tried reactivating using Daz Loader. No dice.

Daz Loader can't install the certificate, and my Windows activation status is not available.

How do I fix this shit, Jow Forums?

Attached: picnic_table_bear.jpg (640x480, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KnFBSzZB0xk
youtube.com/watch?v=RCYzlz8Xqio
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/wat-fix-fix-your-activation-problems.26994/
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-loader-download.58464/
mega.nz/#!EoBznYpK!sjq6zwjYYEngdx7Dc2hXmqIkaSzXxLQ7oH-YkTe72q4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you fail at simple tasks like this, I don't think this board is for you.

Attached: product ID not available.png (1366x768, 187K)

I could just reinstall the OS if that's what you're implying, but that's a huge pain in the ass. I've already got everything set up just the way I like it.

This is literally what happens with Daz Loader when I try to install it

Attached: certificate wasn't succesfully installed.png (347x273, 27K)

Install gentoo

I installed Funtoo once, it was easier than figuring this shit out. At least that had documentation.

Attached: q5gWpTE.jpg (1920x1080, 440K)

I already tried this and it didn't do anything.
youtube.com/watch?v=KnFBSzZB0xk

I get this error when I try to run windows activation

Attached: windows activation error.png (378x287, 20K)

Do I need to fix this at all? Will Windows still function and download updates like it should if I just leave things as they are?

Attached: gVxrjvA.jpg (3456x4608, 3.73M)

Yes but it is entirely nagware beyond this point.

Install kubuntu 18.04, at least as a dual boot.
youtube.com/watch?v=RCYzlz8Xqio

Already dual booting Antergos with KDE. Good distro.

If you're already in the shit do this: QEMU-KVM with virt-manager and make a windows VM.

Kiss dual booting goodbye, you can run both now, at the expense of having only very basic GPU function in the windows VM unless it's OpenGL.

Attached: 1521223789292.gif (500x282, 961K)

What's the point if I can't utilize my GPU? Also, this does nothing to solve my original problem.

You can use GPU-passthrough if you have 2 GPUs (etc, GTX 1080 and Intel HD 630)

Attached: 1531249907590.jpg (3500x2300, 2.51M)

Unfortunately I just have Intel HD Graphics, no dedicated GPU.

These stupid guides always hide the fact that you need two monitors or happen to have two not shitty ports on the monitor. No way am I using VGA in the year 2k18.

Went to this thread, someone suggested mstoolkit. Will this work for me?

Some madman did it on an optimus laptop with the internal display.

Tried DXVK for your games.

Lets me play Dark Souls III on my laptop.

Hi OP ;)

Its time to switch to Linux. I will share something with you, and there is not even a hint of sarcasm in this: I spent much time a few days ago grabbing a genuine digital river ISO, trying to install it and running into problems with a fresh W7PRO install (different problems from yours though), and realized, why am I even doing this?

Why take the risk of using a ten year old operating system at this point? Windows 7 was and is amazing, but it is inevitable that it will go the route of Xp soon, where simply connecting to the internet on it will give it a virus or something.

I have been on Ubuntu for slightly over a year now, and although I do miss W7 from time to time, it is absolutely feasible to make the switch now.
You simply have to face that Microsoft has ruined windows, and it is no longer a viable option for an OS.

You can't change the reality we live in now OP

Thanks, but I used Linux for a while as my main OS and I ran into all sorts of issues. Plus, it was a pain in the ass getting my games to run. Windows for the most part just works.

>Windows for the most part just works

but it doesn't, don't you see? you aren't even able to use it properly right now.

just throwing a little encouragement your way though, I highly recommend starting the switch now, because would not at all doubt that the security issues with windows 10 are going to get even worse over time, considering the direction they have taken it in.

would recommend ubuntu, any other distro really is for people who don't actually use their computers

>not being able to determine how you use your PC
>still even considering using a microsoft os

????

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-07-17 21-20-03.png (583x299, 74K)

Use WAT Fix
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/wat-fix-fix-your-activation-problems.26994/
Then install Windows Loader
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-loader-download.58464/

link to WAT Fix is mega.nz/#!EoBznYpK!sjq6zwjYYEngdx7Dc2hXmqIkaSzXxLQ7oH-YkTe72q4 if you don't want to sign up/register

Now don't get me wrong I agree with OP switching to Linux but let's not blame windows for the fact it's not operating correctly. OP probably just needs to do a simple reinstall. Linux isn't always a walk in the park especially when compared to Windows. That being said switching to Linux may be better for security purposes if you're willing to give up certain pieces of software (aka most video games and Adobe products).

Welp, I decided to reinstall the OS because fuck screwing around with activation fixes and other bullshit.

install Ubuntu kid

I'm on a thinkpad too and it actually works just fine

get wine

some sacrifice? sure
but I was able to run skyrim on Ubuntu with WINE, and that was a few years ago with a budget desktop build
I personally don't game anymore, nor did I ever believe skyrim to be the pinnacle, but if WINE ca nhandle something as graphically intense as skyrim I'd say linux has come a long way

this

Posting from my Antergos partition right now. It's not as reliable as Ubuntu, but I like the AUR. Is it worth it switching to an Ubuntu-based distro?

You do not reactivate with Daz loader. That's a one time thing done as soon as the Windows installation has finished. There's a readme for a reason.

If you haven't tried this already, use that same loader to remove the license, reboot then try to activate again. If it fails, reinstall Windows and run daz loader immediately. It should be the FIRST thing you run after Windows installation.

>Haven't seen patient bear in years.
>He's still waiting patiently.