Why do people consistently shit on AsRock?

Why do people consistently shit on AsRock?
They literally have the best hardware on their motherboards, in terms of power delivery, etc. etc.
I seriously just don't get it.

Attached: asrock_logo.jpg (463x120, 15K)

more like ass-rock hahahhaha

Kek.

have you been on Jow Forums?
seems like ASRock does just fine. Gigabyte used to have a good rep but I'd argue they get worse treatment. MSI supposedly has great customer support. ASUS is OK.
pretty sure you're just trying to decide if you get enough hate replies you won't buy ASRock

because they'll never play counter-strike like neo

OP Here I actually swear by asrock, I have used nothing but their boards in all of my builds.

Their ass as hard assrock.

based assrocke

i have their taichi ultimate x470 board and it's not perfect but still great

Attached: hash processing unit.jpg (480x359, 25K)

>Why do people consistently shit on AsRock?

>be me
>have deskmini 110
>/comfy/ FF
>start getting driver crashes
>ruhroh
>narrow it down to the mobo
>no problem only 16 months into my 2 year warranty
>contact asrock explain the problem, give logs and list of troubleshooting steps taken
>constantly try to avoid an RMA
>"please return to your retailer for help"
>if it's not fgaulty there will be a fee, etc etc, blah blah
>yes yes
>finally agree to an RMA
>"okay ship the item to us, send it recorded delivery and insured, we do not offer paid returns, turn around time is 4 weeks"
>"uh, okay, w/e.... just want my media pc back up and running asap"
>"And please confirm that you will also pay return shipping by placing 25 euros in an envelope"
>place 25 euros in an envelope
>25 euros
>cash
>In an envelope

spending £55 to get a £90 item RMA'd, they need to work on their customer service a bit. I know people like to shit on gigabyte for their products but fuck, they pay shiping both ways, will replace items without a receipt and are pretty fucking cool about it.

ended up just buying another one off amazon and then transferring the stickers over and claiming it was DOA.

dang

sorry to hear that rmas are always stressful

ASRock is a good brand. My wife's build used it for the mobo and has been very reliable.

>Buy asrock mobo
>it's dead already
Sadly, this has been the baseline experience for me

>AssCock

my mobo working good desu, I was just pissed bc they took too much time to release new bios update for my ryzen

The ASRock mobo I bought couldn't keep the system time between restarts, and no it wasn't the CMOS battery. Such a weird problem but Google showed other people had the same issue with the same mobo. This problem was so annoying I'm never buying from them again. Glad I didn't try to RMA based on what I'm seeing here.

?

Old memories. Asrock started off as the "offbrand" ASUStek offshoot. They later became a quality company. Early buyers of Asrock were hurt and their memories stayed.

>Be me
>Bought an Asrock mobo and an FX-8350 (shut up)
>Getting random freezing lasting 30-60 seconds, a few times a day
>Ignore it and overclock it to 4.6 GHz (iirc)
>Works fine for a few months other than previously mentioned problem
>One day, motherboard literally goes up in flames
>VRMs got so hot that it melted the solder under them, without any warning
>CPU also dies
>Warranty covers them both
>Still getting same problems on new mobo(same model as old)
>Eventually decide to look it up
>Find out that Asrock decided to take my CPU off the compatibility list because the VRM isn't good enough for it
>Now stuck with a mobo that isn't supposed to go with my CPU, no money to upgrade

Are you me? I also gave a deskmini who's motherboard took a shit

Dunno, I've only ever had issues with gigabyte motherboards personally.

Been buying Asrock forever. Best no-frills boards for the money. Only odd thing I've noticed is their LLC settings operates in reverse, which is no biggy. I've even modestly OC'd on their lower end boards. People that burn their shit apart are fucking stupid asses that don't check how many VRM phases their boards have and just go bonkers like this fuckwit here Fun Fact: The Asrock 990FX Extreme9 had the best VRMS of any AMD FX boards, ever.

It was an 8+2, rated for 140W. Shouldn't have any problem running a non-OC'd 8350.