/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Look it up first:
startpage.com/

Just upgraded from Lineage 14.1 to 15.1 on the Galaxy S5 (completely clean install) and now I can't install any apps from unknown sources. I understand that they removed the setting and you're supposed to enable it on a per-app basis, but in the "install unknown apps" section there aren't any apps visible. I've also noticed a few other settings missing such as the option to move the clock to the center of the status bar and to disable the battery icon and leave only the percentage text. I can't even enable showing AM/PM in the status bar now. What do?

Attached: kojima.jpg (494x811, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ccd0/Jow
gitreports.com/issue/ccd0/Jow
github.com/Mechazawa/BlockBlockAdBlock
werc.cat-v.org/docs/quick-setup/debian-lighttpd
startpage.com/
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-Opteron-1385-vs-AMD-Athlon-II-X4-640
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

use the catalog

what

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-17_22-57-38.png (1919x421, 129K)

>in the "install unknown apps" section there aren't any apps visible
afaik it only appears there after app request to install apps from unknown sources
>I've also noticed a few other settings missing such as the option to move the clock to the center of the status bar and to disable the battery icon and leave only the percentage text.
Yeah, haven't implemented that for whatever reason, fuck them.
>I can't even enable showing AM/PM in the status bar now. What do?
Use 24h like a normal person. As alternative, open the window.

>afaik it only appears there after app request to install apps from unknown sources
I downloaded the F-Droid APK and when I tap on it nothing happens. What are you supposed to do to trigger the install?

What app are you using to install the apk? The default "Files" app?

Yeah just Files and tapping the download notification.

old thread how do I format a drive that doesn't appear in the windows file manager? said hard drive has ext4 partitions, I want to use it for a backup drive

Is the c270 good enough for facetracking?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-17 【MTG】ゆかりちゃんと吉田くんのMO実況 その3【スタンダ� (119x125, 28K)

IF someone were to want that funny t-shirt. Where would one acquire it?

Attached: 1528397551289.jpg (840x960, 67K)

That's weird. I don't think Files needs permission to install unknown apps. Have you tried with any third party file manager?

Try the "Disk Management" program, or use an Ubuntu or GParted live USB.

I haven't tried any third party file manager because I can't download them :/

Is this exactly what you are doing?

Attached: ScreenRecord-2018-07-18-00-39-42.webm (720x1280, 1.14M)

Nevermind, I got it. For some reason it wouldn't let me open the APK from the "Downloads" tab in Files. I had to go to the "SD Card" tab first then go in the Download folder. I guess it's just a weird bug with the Files app.

what's a good journal program
it really doesn't need to be anything more than a text editor that i can use to organize multiple notes for each day

Yeah, it can be. I'm using my SD as adopted storage, so it doesn't act like a external SD, maybe that's why it works for me.

One Note

That's what I have it formatted to as well.

>it really doesn't need to be anything more than a text editor
Then just use your text editor lol

Then it's probably bugged, it should be recognized as internal storage by apps.

See

Attached: Screenshot_Arquivos_20180718-005300.png (720x1280, 66K)

I've used Asus' utility for creating a modified Win 7 ISO on a usb on two of my usb drives(one is sandisk, the other seagate), but the program always fails to format them. I've run it as an administrator. I've made sure that they're not Read-Only. I've also tried formatting them beforehand using disk management, and I've tried this www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm, but I always get the same error and now I'm stuck. What can I do?

Attached: ez my ass.png (725x328, 77K)

This actually happened to me the first time I installed Lineage, then when I had to reinstall it because of an unrelated issue it was formatted as internal storage as it should be. I'll try reformating, maybe it'll fix it.

Is there a site similar to, but not Omegle?

stop sharing cp

Is it stupid to buy materials for growing mushrooms from Amazon? An order with all the materials is pretty fucking obviously for a shroom grow, do they have any flagging system in place for stuff like that?

I guess people do this all the time because the suggested items for a lot of the materials are other materials for shroom grows

is there something that has a tabbed view tho and can organize everything in one window by date

yeah a file manager

92-32-20-46####80-32-20###56-36-28-32-80####12-60-52-20-76####4-48-48####36-76####8-48-4-12-11

what does this say, someone posted some spooky photos then this string of code. Someone told me it might be c++

opening each file will launch a new instance of the text editor. i'm looking for an more convenient way of seeking through each note like turning the pages in a notebook

Never even seen cp there, somehow, I've just hit some kind of limit so it wants me to solve a captcha for every conversation.

what did Kojima mean by this?

does law enforcement post bait threads on the random board?

Probably

why would they waste their time with bait

What can I buy if I want to see the display of my console games like the Switch on my PC in a contained window? I've heard capture cards just record or something.

Can you get banned on Amazon for using "subscribe & save" to get add-on items delivered without needing to order other shit and then cancelling the subscription immediately after the first order?

notepad++ is a tabbed notepad with timestamps and autosaving

Does rooting an android phone create a security threat? And what are some popular apps that won't work on rooted devices?

github.com/ccd0/Jow Forums-x/labels/anonymous%20report

what is this? has Jow Forums x been compromised?

Attached: 2018-07-18 07_06_43.jpg (670x409, 68K)

I recently found my old Imgur account from years ago, back when I made some basic bitch shit-tier games. It has some albums, which are easily downloaded with Jdownloader, but I can't seem to download the Imgur Jow Forums galleries on JDownloader.
It's got a few thousand images, and I want to download it so I can kill myself from how cringey I was
>was

just google ahegao anime shirt and buy it at a hot topic or something

It mightn't be the exact same, but all it took was literally looking up "hentai compilation shirt", and I found this

Attached: I'm gay.jpg (1024x1045, 330K)

It's less secure than not rooting, yes.
Only one I know of is Google Pay

How come none of the screen dimming apps I'm trying don't dim the status bar? I've tried both Red Moon and Dimmer. I know for sure Dimmer used to dim the status bar before I upgraded to Oreo.

Attached: Screenshot_Clover_20180718-013414.png (1080x1920, 320K)

Is it okay to leave GPU oivrclocked all the time like CPU?

Use F: drive Portable VLC to open music from D: drive through batch.
How would I do this?

I want to share files from my computer to a kodi device. Tutorials all say that the easiest way to do it is enable upnp on kodi, that seems easy enough, but once I've done that what do I do on windows to share the files? I'm fine with both transferring the files and streaming, whichever gives the best performance for ideally 1080p videos.

I don't want to share all the files on my PC, only select folders. Tutorials don't cover it because apparently it's self-explanatory to everyone except me. I'm dying from the heat and can barely concentrate, if someone could just tell it to me in a sentence or two like I'm a retard how I can set this up in a few minutes, it would be much appreciated.

You can report bug anonymously on the official website, a bot handles it and posts on github
gitreports.com/issue/ccd0/Jow Forums-x

if you think t-shirts like this are 'funny' or ironically 'cool' then you're a fucking normie

did you know those screen dimming apps work by drawing a large tinted rectangle over the currently running app
did you know it's possible for apps to get the name of the currently running activity
did you know that large tinted rectangle could draw anything it wanted in place of or above that rectangle
did you know that rectangle and anything drawn above it could intercept touches
:^)

yeah and I don't care I just want to shitpost after my bedtime without my parents knowing and without killing my eyes

also I meant to say "how come none of the screen dimming apps I'm trying dim the status bar"

status my fatass

Yes, since most of the time you have to unlock your bootloader and flash a custom recovery. Netflix, Google Pay, bank apps, basically everything that has Safetynet checks. You can use Magisk as root manager tho, it can hide from Google integrity checks, so no app will detect your system as modded.

It's a Oreo thing, apps can't draw over the notification area or the navigation bar anymore. You can probably "fix" that with root/xposed tool.

Fug I haven't seen any good changes with Oreo so far, they all seem to be downgrades. Kinda wish I'd stuck with Nougat but Lineage doesn't update it any more for my device.

There's a file in my Downloads folder that doesn't fuck off, and when I try to delete it, it just hangs and makes my computer slow as fuck.
How do I get rid of this?
Should I just unironically install gentoo

Lineage has it's own screen dimming thing, check LiveDisplay under Screen.

Scan your disk for errors, there's some fucked up thing going on

What's a good dick scanning program?

ur mom

That's only for the color temperature, it doesn't let you lower the brightness past the minimum. I guess I could just turn down all of the colors in "color calibration" but it's a lot more convenient to just open an app.

Oh fug, I didn't realise I typed dick, I was thinking about it too much desu

kek, just right click -> properties on the drive you want to check. Must be under Tools if you are on Windows 7.

how do i blockblockadblock

Attached: blockadblock.png (160x40, 3K)

Does anyone know what might be going on with my cpu? My pc has been lagging like task manager will just freeze and be unresponsive, it says that my cpu usage is high but I don't see what the fuck is using up so much of it, neither perfmon or process explorer show anything that'd add up to 99% cpu usage

Attached: Untitled.png (842x1043, 231K)

REALLY stupid question here, but im trying to activate Win10 LTSB, but when using Ez-Activator in the toolkit it says "this product is incapable of KMS Activation"
Am I just using 'Rearm to constantly refresh the trial, or something else?
The Pastebin doesn't really say

Add this script to tampermonkey
github.com/Mechazawa/BlockBlockAdBlock

ubuntu 18.04 has removed mcomix from its repos, and if you had it installed previously, it gets autoremoved.
16.04 packages an old version of it that wont allow you to customize keybinds.
there appear to be some qt alternatives like qcomicbook and peruse, but they are all inferior.
fedora to my knowledge still pushes the good version of mcomix.
why the change?

Would it be bad ass wearing that in public cause no fucks give. Or would it be autistic cause no fucks given.

Attached: 1523054022803.jpg (850x759, 75K)

KMSPICO KMSPICO KMSPICO KMSPICO KMSPICO KMSPICO KMSPICO KMSPICO

I am trying to change my wifi password on an OpenWrt device and it keeps shitting out 'Some fields are invalid, cannot save values!'
Anyone know how to fix this? absolutely nothing relevant is showing up when searching this.

Attached: 1513197790733.png (779x267, 288K)

Is there a particular reason I can tell when Diarrhea is coming based off the smell of my farts? Why does it smell that way?

Oh
If I should be using KMSpico, why on earth do the pastebin guides in the OP say to use Microsoft Toolkit?

I googled it for ya and you might have one or forty four types of cancer.

Thank you gamer.

Does Jow Forums use mobile payment systems like Google Pay or Samsung Pay? Why or why not?

Attached: 1280px-Google_Pay_(GPay)_Logo.svg.png (1280x531, 41K)

Rog or lenovo legion?

Jow Forums
I'm stupid, can you explain what CPU and GPU are? all i know is that it's a good thing to have more but I don't really know why or how, you could give me an outdated one from 5 years ago and tell me it's good and I wouldn't know if you're wrong.

No because it not compatible
On nexus 5x with latest android
Is there any workaround for this. I just dont want to carry my wallet anymore

>Tfw friends gave me that shirt because there was this fag that looked like a girl in my class and they know how much I hate traps.

>They told me to wear it to that class
>JUST DO IT AND LOOK AT HIM ANKN SEE HOW HE REACTS
>Walk past him
>He looks at the shirt
>Looks up at me
>Turns red and looks away uncomfortable

That faggot knew about the meme. Holy shit my friends and I had a laugh over this.

But on topic I think they removed it in liniage 15.1, it's probably in the dev options. Factory reset it.

If you're using stock Android, it should be pre-installed and should work fine. I have a 5X as well and it was pre-installed for me before I installed LineageOS and got rid of it.

Is there a good brick and mortar store that sells dvi d cables for cheap? None of that monster cable overpriced crap? I don't want to wait for shipping on Amazon.

Has anyone used werc before?
werc.cat-v.org/docs/quick-setup/debian-lighttpd
I'm confused, what do I put as my domain? Do I need to set something else up?

kubuntu here. my volume thing keeps randomly disappearing. rebooting fixes it, but i'd like a more permanent solution if possible.

I'm trying to download the latest windows 10 LTSB iso but all I'm finding are those 90 day evaluation wich I think didn't work with Microsoft Toolkit right?

Where can I find the latest LTSB iso? I need the latest since it doesn't update

in the first pastebin in the OP
2016 IS the latest
apparently a new one is coming out in 2019
if you want the updated stuff, get a normal version of win10 and unfuck it with the tool found in the same pastebin

>startpage.com/
The OP was an asshole and didn't do a proper OP, thanks user

Oh right, forgot that
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

i remember having it before but it was randomly removed
guess ill have it with the next phone

Notepad++ can search in all open files or in a directory.
It says you're a faggot.
Magisk can hide root pretty well from applications which try to detect it (banking, ticketing apps etc)

Should i expend the 20 dollars? i have no plans to overclock. it's my secondary system.

cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-Opteron-1385-vs-AMD-Athlon-II-X4-640

Is it possible for people connecting from the internet to one of my VirtualBox VMs to detect if a folder is a shared folder?

You have to be 18 or older to post here.

>pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
Thanks senpai I'm downloading right now but it's a little upsetting en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_n_x64_dvd_9057894.iso torrent link has 0 peers, it's also super hard to find on google

What is this ad-ridden shit?

Attached: dban.png (706x1700, 407K)

why dont cpu designers just make larger cpus, or add more height to them?

Attached: _6.jpg (660x557, 34K)

latency
making the die bigger means it takes longer for a signal to make its way across the chip
yes, cpus are so fast that this is a problem, making a bigger die means lower clock speeds

Question about certification/signatures.

To check if a certificate is valid (not tampered with), the receiver decrypts the signature of the certificate with a public key and checks if his own hash is the same with this decrypted hash.

Now my question is: The public key that is used for decryption, is that the public key thats inside the certificate, or is that the public key of the Certification Authority?

Attached: 3-56.png (735x338, 26K)