You literally have no reason not to use these

You literally have no reason to use any other distro. MAYBE an arch variant or open suse. Debate me.

Attached: godtier.png (428x222, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nsa.gov/what-we-do/research/selinux/faqs.shtml
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>what is debian stable/testing/unstable
>arch variant is not for autism only
but your point still stands

I have a reason. I' using Windows, and as much as I want to switch to FOSS alternative, they just aren't ready.
>having to input lots of terminal commands to install basic stuff
>might not ever work

Which one of them does not use systemd?

ubuntu is just debian for drunks

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1600x1200, 92K)

I don't need to be hand held, I don't like bloat and I really don't like amazon botnets and NSA backdoors, so I use Debian.

>downstream
yeah gonna be a no from me dog

Attached: 1499404336487.jpg (400x400, 22K)

>I really don't like NSA backdoors
why are you using linux then? use openbsd

It doesn't work

Attached: Ubuntu Checkerboard.webm (720x404, 2.83M)

>hitler stallman
every time.

>Apt install [software] is "lots of terminal commands"
>Too stupid to use the GUI front ends available
Stop making up dumb excuses and just say you want to stay in windows.

Type 'history' in your terminal and say how many commands you've had to use since you installed linux and I'll say how many times I've used the terminal in windows.

Despite liking linux, I recognize the validity of the criticism. Other bad thing is the discrepancy between libraries. More than once I had too google because when I tried to run a linux binary, the library it required and the one I had were different versions: 'libblabla.so not found' or something. One other thing that could improve is software distribution, how hard is it to make a good software center? And if it can't be done, at least let me download binaries and double click them instead of chmod+x ./run in terminal.

I don't want to stay on Windows. I tried a bunch of distros, and all of them have problems when I want to install something besides the software from repos. Not to mention wine not being able to properly support some of the flagship Windows programs
>Apt install [software] is "lots of terminal commands"
>apt install shotcut
>installed
>doesn't start

>Too stupid to use the GUI front ends available
>having multiple GUI front-ends to begin with
literally what for

you had me until "arch"

the absolute state of windows users

Short (not comprehensive) list of sane distributions for people who like getting things done:

Fedora
Debian
openSUSE (Leap & Tumbleweed)
CentOS

Well, yeah, we want to install software with a few clicks. Literally nothing wrong with that

Attached: 1529949999947.png (518x694, 104K)

99% of my commands are apt install or simple file operations (mkdir, rm, cp, mv) because I like it better than GUI. If it comes from the repository, it'll work. And it's always the same wine excuse. Wine works decently well and just keeps getting better but just admit you want to stay in windows. No one gets cool points for saying "well I want to run Linux". A lot of software does just give out the binary if it's from a commercial program

Flatpack or snaps. What software gave you trouble? People can't make their own GUI front ends? Synaptic (for debian based distros), gnome software center, or discover (KDE plasma's one) is all you really need. There are specific ones for different package managers.

That picture must be you. A brain dead trap

>clicks
also it's been explained like 6 times already that it makes all the more sense to type in one fucking line as opposed to having to browse to a site, download an installer, run it, click through all the fucking menus, etc. You're being obtuse, and frankly real real dumb

Attached: 1503112261615.png (400x406, 246K)

Interesting, I've distrohopped a lot and my list is
>Gentoo
>Slackware
>Ubuntu
>Fedora/Centos/RHEL-based

>snaps
Also tried installing shotcut this way - doesn't appear in start menu (Mint Cinnamon)
>trap
That's an actual grill though, unless Disney can do a trap reveal in a kids show, which I highly doubt.

Attached: Big.City.Greens.S01E11.Gargoyle.Gals-Supermarket.Scandal.720p.DSNY.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264.mkv_snapshot_1 (1280x720, 1.2M)

More like you can't install shit

Downloading installer once means you can take it with you anywhere. And reuse whenever you want. And in version YOU want

Attached: Screenshot (57).png (1557x931, 89K)

Centos is trash
Debian is too old, only used for servers; don't use testing unless you sync intelligently like Ubuntu or Kali; don't use sid unless you like bleeding edge unstable shit (aka Archfag) and like apt over pacman for some reason.

Gentoo and Slackware have their uses but personally I think most people are better off on a distro like the ones I listed.

>Chrome
>Discord
>Ancient version of uTorrent
>Messenger
>MPC-HC
You have autism but the worst kind possible. You can achieve the same thing on various Linux distros by just downloading the specific package version

so no matter what you're a fag

>dissing on MPC-HC and best torrent client
autism

Attached: Big.City.Greens.S01E11.Gargoyle.Gals-Supermarket.Scandal.720p.DSNY.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264.mkv_snapshot_0 (1280x720, 921K)

Here's a (You). Your setup is what 15 year olds who think they are some computer wizard have.

Have any better arguments?

(You)

Sid masterrace

MX Linux has absolutely ZERO screen tearing, so yeah I do have a reason to use something else.

Dude, I've been using fedora for a while and unironically Arch has better support.

Let me back it up:
- I wanted to use Vivado, tough luck, Fedora is not a supported distro. And Vivado installer doesn't tell what is missing, it just gives cryptic logs. It's a bit specific issue so I couldn't find it on forums either. I didn't have these problems in Arch.

- Too much separation in packages may be useful for "real power user" but for a casual user like me, this means I need to fish which non-free dependencies were missing. I left Arch because it didn't have sane defaults and I didn't really feel like setting up literally everything, I'm planning to leave Fedora because I dislike the way they package things.

Additional fun fact, in Fedora, default Firefox installation may not be able to play all the HTML5 videos.

>NSA/systemd beta testbench vs NSA/systemd consumer edition
You literally have no reason to use those distros. MAYBE if you're an NSA nigger. Fellate me.

That's a feature dumbfuck

Linux From Scratch master race reporting in.

Attached: 0007.gif (128x128, 24K)

>NSA/systemd beta testbench vs NSA/systemd consumer edition
Back this up. Systemd has nothing to do with the NSA. SELinux has but it's not as deep as you might think, it's just access control and it's literally free and open source:

nsa.gov/what-we-do/research/selinux/faqs.shtml

>fedora
>dnf slow as fuck
>memory hog
>you become redhat's bitch
>ubuntu
>have to hunt down software like you do in windows
>mainstream as fuck
>encourages proprietary software
>collects info about you during install but it's okay because you can turn it off during setup
Every distro is shit somehow OP, gentoo and arch are not always better.

>dnf slow as fuck
Proofs? I've never noticed anything, also even if it is slow why would it be a problem unless your pastime is updating your system.

>encourages proprietary software
Literally doesn't have proprietary software in their official repos.

I use Manjaro, and I really like it. I do know Arch well enough, but I'm just lazy and prefer something that "just werks".

>Fucked up the installation
>Muh sheet deestro nut werking

Attached: 1528789394499.png (645x729, 82K)

$ an -c 'interloper agent' 'Lennart Poettering'
interloper agent tn
interloper agent TN
interloper agent NT
interloper agent t n
interloper agent t N
interloper agent n T
interloper agent T N

that faggot put that clamav on his ubuntu and it broke it he was in sqt a lil while back.

I'm totally convinced. Seeing everything is pointless I'm going back to Windows.

Attached: 1529360375953.gif (400x400, 675K)

>Systemd has nothing to do with the NSA
Do you live in a pineapple under the sea?

You could use a real operating system and move to OpenBSD

I can't believe you're too stupid to even use Ninite.
As expected of closed-minded Winbrainlets.
Also, .deb files and GUI frontends exist anyway so you never have to open a terminal if you're too scared of it.

I use openbsd now unironically on my desktop and laptop

How do you like it? I've thought about making the switch to openBSD

But they are ran by big corporations and big corporations are evil!

Kek, yeah right.

What is the point of speculating open source software having backdoors? Source is open, audit it.

Well, it's not that slow on a SSD for normal usage, but if you use neofetch it hangs several seconds just to display how many packages you have installed. No other sane package manager I tried have this issue

i doubt

How is this an issue? Do you count your packages when your computer is idling?

Also dnf history gives really nice info if you want to track packages. Listing them is often not that useful unless it's an intermediate step in a script.

Yeah, great.
A normal user (or even advanced) wants to use the software, not study it's source for 10 years.

I love software agnostics.

>We cannot know what's going on in a code.
>We cannot verify.
>It's both botnet and not botnet depending on which one is more trendy at a given time.

>archaic package management model
It's 2018, you should stop waisting time switch to NixOS already.

Based. That's why I use Slackware.

I don't like ubuntu sending my data to amazon

>run Tumbleweed
>up-to-date software
>if something goes wrong, boot on a read-only snapshot with an already available entry in grub and `sudo snapper rollback`

A rolling with snapshot is the best idea ever, you have no reason to use anything else in 2018

>also muh KDE

Attached: best2.png (400x333, 52K)

no, just no, and how about hell no

dont want systemd and i dont want pulseaudio

Attached: snapshot1.png (1024x600, 114K)

is openSUSE really good and better than Manjaro?

>14.04
why?
at least upgrade to 16.04

yes

I do not touch any distro that defaults Gnome 3. Some of Ubuntu spins are at least decent. Fedora spins are a fuckin joke.

These aren't source-based. They also default to systemd.

Attached: 1525009856323.jpg (1200x859, 237K)

very clean, lean, fast system. I like it a lot.

Not him, but I believe 14.04 was the last version before the forced Amazon integration

>and I really don't like amazon botnets and NSA backdoors
And then he proceeds to use google recapcha to post on Jow Forums.

I have a pretty good reason OP.

Like any linux distro, they are both retarded and insane piles of shit.

Linux was more usable and less broken in the early 2000s than these "flagship" distros are now. Fucking garbage.

>too stupid to baby sit a retarded eternally breaking os

How about unwilling? Normal people and adults who do work with computers want our shit to work. I realize that since all you do is post cringy weeb and borderline pedo desktop in screenfetch threads, that you may not realize that some people use their computers for work.

Dumb neet. Ubuntu is worse than w10 at this rate.

t.someone who never used linux or too smart to use linux

Seriosly..
I never ever had problem on linux and if something is brokeb I could fix it for few minutes.The only time I needed some fix is for my buttonless touchpad on my thinkpad and it is easy to configure all on xorg.conf.d.

Linux works great for me, better than windows ltsb.The only program do I miss is simplewall, msword(nowdays I use free online version) and some indie games, easily run on VM.

>Normal people and adults who do work with computers want our shit to work.
Funny, because that's why I switched to Fedora. My old laptop was barely usable with Win7, because of how slow it was and Win10 gave me more problems, than Fedora ever did.

Oh, you don't get it. I set neofetch to launch whenever I open the terminal, and one of the preset functions is to show how many packages you have installed. On fedora, I have to wait several seconds to access the terninal because it hangs when calling dnf for the package count. No problem if I comment out this specific info display on the script, but dumb nonetheless

Heil stallman.jpeg

I’m a red hat guy. I run fedora for my desktop use and use centos for my server use. I’m currently hosting a rust server on centos.

>Fedora
Based
>Ubuntu
Errrr...never used Debian? Ubuntu is just debian made shitty. Everything it adds on top of Debian Fedoras does better.
>Arch
Okay now you've lost me. You're just summing up all distro's you've used + Arch to look 'advanced'.

Ahh yes, the repository. Where every app you wish to install is located but 6 years out of date and 12 versions behind.