What OS do Jow Forums use?

What OS do Jow Forums use as daily driver?
strawpoll.me/16099856
CIA-data-mining thread.

Attached: download (2).jpg (180x180, 4K)

Be honest.

win 10 ltsb
it just werks

Fedora 28

TempleOS, but you won't get me you glow in the dark CIA niggers

>mac os x
At least use the correct name.

If you want serious answers, why would you include TempleOS as an option? Let's be real, next to nobody uses TempleOS as a daily driver.

Windows 10, but i'm not actually doing anything i couldn't do on a GNU/Linux distro so i'll probably install something like ubuntu mate again soon.

>strawpoll
You know you can easily change your IP and vote as many times as you want?

Windows 10 LTSB.
Literally perfect for me, no complaints.

I really tried using Linux too, but it's fucking awful when it comes to productivity in the real world.
No one with a serious job uses Linux.

Manjaro Linux. And a windows7 VM because I work on some .net based projects on the side and I prefer Visual Studio for that.

So, it is Microsoft Windows?
So, it is GNU/Linux?
I don't care about faggot thing so much. macOS = fagOS = Mac OS X = Mac OS = Faggot OS shipped with computers manufactured for Apple inc.
For lulz.

>No one with a serious job uses Linux.
Using Microsoft Office doesn't count kiddo.

>No one with a serious job uses Linux.
They do. Walmart uses SUSE on their POS terminals.
Or some embedded stuff.

I switched from windows to a few different distros and my laptop would always run hotter and the battery would die sooner woth linux. No matter what I tried made it run as well as it did on windows. Eventually I just switched back to windows. Is linux just shit on certain hardware?

>Manjaro net-install
>run script
>deploy VM
>blow it up after 6 months

Attached: archey.png (653x520, 156K)

Well, if we ignore Temple OS, GNU/Linux is more used at this point, that windows.

>includes templeOS
Don't do shit like this if you want genuine answers. It falls in the "other" category, it's a meme OS, people pick it to be ironic/funny and skew the results.

I know. Actual purpose of this test is to see, if people do select shit, or not.
And it seems like more than 1/4 do lulz

Windows 10 with privacy tools.

Because Mac sux and Linux is a toxic hellhole.

Look up acpi interrupts and your laptop model. I'm guessing it's a macbook. They notoriously have that problem with some later versions of certain distributions. For example this isn't a problem in ubuntu 12.04 but it is in 14.04 and later on MBPs.
If you go back run:

grep . -r /sys/firmware/acpi/interrupts

And disable any lines that have high amounts of interrupts.

>Windows 10 with privacy tools.
If you would say just W10 - I'd not care. But installing some placebo is just retarded

Its an old dell envy from 2012 I think. I may try again on a different device.

Use the same device just run that in the terminal boyo. See what comes up. Anything over zero in all lines is a concern, if you enter it again 5 minutes later and the number increases, disable the line. It doesn't affect functionality

grep . -r /sys/firmware/acpi/interrupts

Also what the output looks like. I had an MBP with this issue that i'd see 100,000+ in one line. Same issue with heat. After disabling it I had no issues with heat and temperatures were in line with win 7

Attached: gpe lines.png (907x679, 138K)

this is the only acceptable answer

Attached: tegaki.png (640x480, 18K)

So would I disable /sci and /gpe17? How amd what are these even?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-17_23-20-49.png (789x1044, 324K)

win7 on desktop, KDE neon on laptop

W7 desktop, GNU/Debian on laptop

I've fagbook air 2014. How can I improve battery life on GNU/Linix?
Kernel is 4.17.4
Interrupts with some numbers

/sys/firmware/acpi/interrupts/sci_not: 7
/sys/firmware/acpi/interrupts/gpe_all: 443356
/sys/firmware/acpi/interrupts/gpe4E: 443344 EN enabled unmasked
/sys/firmware/acpi/interrupts/sci: 443356

i have two laptops
>work laptop:
macOS high sierra
>play laptop:
elementaryOS. considering trying to install gentoo again. but probably will go with Fedora if that fails

then i have a personal server sitting on my desk at work
>FreeBSD, with Xfce DE if i have the desire to do something on it not via ssh

lrn2english

You should not disable interrupts, brainlets!
This is a kernel bug, messing with interrupts will only possible cause other damages.

Passing acpi_osi=!Darwin to the kernel on boot will solve this issue. It is related to the ACPI and the smart battery system.

You should read the kernel changelog.

Attached: 1529899494633.png (615x615, 98K)