Attached: mostbased?.jpg (474x474, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bryanostergaard.com/blog/2018/07/16/why-i-created-the-exherbo-linux-project/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no. arch, debian or gentoo is

>arch
>debian
>based

Debian is the best distro. Xubuntu is decent but anything Ubuntu based is instantly more bloated than Debian which, IMO, is the sweet spot.

i Pref KDE neon

Alpine Linux is the best distro.

for xfce it would be manjaro or mx linux.
for *buntu it would be unity, kde, lxde, mate, budgie, deepin, kylin and any other flavors

xubuntu is shit

No, Manjaro is

Parabola is the best distro. Basically Arch with smaller community and no botnet. Stallman endorses it and Luke Smith praises it.
Parabola is the natsoc distro.

You're all retarded. Mint is the most based for reasons half of you hate it. They do whatever the fuck they want, fuck up packages & fuck jews

>The byproduct of a byproduct of a product is based.
Stop searching in the dumpster for food.
What does *ubuntu offer over debian? 2-3 proprietary drivers getting installed by default?
That's it?
Inb4 it's more up to date
Use testing

>i Pref KDE neon
Nobody asked you about your sexual preferences.

Yes it is. It's like debian + xfce but with even more hardware support and packages, better community, more stable and without the amazon and unity bs of ubuntu. I use it daily for taxes, casual internet, programming, emails etc... I have a win 7 dual boot for games but honestly wine+steam in xubunu have the same performances on this computer

Attached: yup.jpg (1920x1080, 358K)

Yes, as long as you don't want to use it on a desktop/laptop. Focus is on server and containers and it showed last time I tried it earlier this year.
It might be a nice base to build a light weight desktop distro from though, all the elements are there.
It's just that if it takes a bunch of work to get it working on desktop/laptop, you might as well install Gentoo.

>stallman endorses it
>natsoc distro
nope

yes, if you like screen tearing out of the box

I'm using it on my laptop right now
has everything I need
>a bunch of work
1. install
2. setup-xorg script
3. apk add alsa*
4. apk add chromium
5. extra shit you need, for me about 100 more dev packages

takes less than 1 hour to complete everything, I've done it before because I run everything as root and keep everything I care about on github

Do I pronounce it "ksubuntu" or "zubuntu"?

ts-you-ban-too

kusobuntu
kuzubuntu

zoo bun too

Attached: xubuntu.png (600x500, 35K)

>kusobuntu
ayyy

How is it any different from Ubuntu using xfce DE?

Attached: 5464575467475656.jpg (637x358, 35K)

ex ubuntu

X Ubuntu One X, the most powerfull distro ever made

kazubanto

kusobuntu

kysubuntu

Ecks-ubuntu
Or
Zoo-buntu

Installing Xubuntu on a usb stick right now to try to get some shit for uni working. It's ok I guess but all Linux sucks ass. Mac OS 4 life

Attached: 1418955824422.jpg (800x600, 57K)

ksubuntu

I use it on my laptop out of sheer laziness. but i prefer Ubuntu mate less resource usage and active devlopment make it far superior in my opinon

Attached: 1531086834692.jpg (251x260, 5K)

this, fuck israel

Xubuntu uses far less resources on my laptop than Ubuntu mate.

No. Hannah Montana Linux is.

Attached: 1531661143659.jpg (1850x980, 64K)

What distro is perfect out of the box?

It is Ubuntu so no

No this is
bryanostergaard.com/blog/2018/07/16/why-i-created-the-exherbo-linux-project/

MX Linux is the best if you want xfce, no systemd bullshit, as easy as any *buntu flavours.

>18.04
>wine
hmmmm

I can't get my Electron app icons to fucking show up in the taskbar.

this

no, BSDs are more based than anything.

HardenedBSD and OpenBSD are for those fucking alpha hacker dawgs
FreeBSD and DragonflyBSD and TrueOS are for the based-but-normie folk
NetBSD just werks, therefore based

macOS tried to copy the BSDs and improved their street cred by like 50x using what they took. but hey, they're free to take it

OTOH all the GNU/Linsux fags are like "MUH GPL!!! REEE GOOGLE TOOK IT!!! NOW IT RUNS ON ALL THESE SHITTY PHONES, BOTNETS!!! REEEEE"

> Run everything as root

Attached: thinking.png (624x624, 56K)

BusyBox? meh

gentoo is a better "distro" in the ways Alpine wants to be, since it can be as minimal, just without BusyBox...

but among real distros (i.e. ones you don't need to sit around for hours waiting for the fucking kernel to compile), void and arch and slackware have similar levels of minimalism to alpine, but without BusyBox.

BusyBox kills alpine for me...

What the other fags in this thread won't tell you is that Xubuntu is infinitely comfy and convenient.

It's the same thing, the only difference is that XFCE comes pre-installed on the Xubuntu ISO, as opposed to installing it manually after install with the vanilla ISO.

CentOS too. Solid like a rock on my home server

>he needs a supervisor to run shit as root

Ubuntu Mate is the best
Ubuntu Budgie made to look like Solus is second