Why does Jow Forums hate manjina?

Why does Jow Forums hate manjina?
>AUR access
>Just werks

Attached: images.png (205x246, 528)

I'm /s4s/

>just werk

latest update fucked up my headphone aux port, I can't listen to music with my headphones.

Only Arch purists hate Monjira

It fixed my monitor in interlaced mode and no amount of fuckery would fix it

Green Xiaomi is alright

did you check inside alsamixer?

>sacrifice security over stability
>still breaks
what did they mean by this?

Attached: 1515244422915.gif (320x240, 2.54M)

everything based on arch is shit by definition
AUR is a mess full of malware

>Just werks
we don't take kindly to that around here

Attached: cleetus.jpg (960x540, 53K)

>Handles drivers perfectly
>Looks good out of the box
>>B-but you can get malware if you go and explicitly install unknown/unvetted packages

Manjaro, like many other distros, does exactly what you tell it to when you install it. That freaks out Jow Forumstards for some reason.

Attached: boomy sip.jpg (380x349, 30K)

>just werks
aur is a dirty pile of user scripts
cant handle 5 year old graphics card, wether ati or nvidia
installing printer threatens to fuck up your whole system
cant handle efi, fastboot, nothing is optimized
unable to wake up from hibernation when usb stick is plugged in
impossible to install the android emulator without a degree in rocket science and studying a million cryptic forum posts

i really tried to like manjaro. i really did. but i need my computer to do shit.

back to windows 10, my printer was installed before the first login and scanner was configurated. the installation of android studio took less than an hour to get the emulator running. i spent 2 and a half days on manjaro before giving up

>Installing bloated Android Studio
Nigga just wget the sdk sources and system images and run them with qemu LMAO

i did you fucking retard
i spent 2 and a half days on this issue alone, i tried everything that i found

You're retarded then, took me maybe 20 minutes including download time

Best distro honestly. It's arch without all the bullshit of arch.
Not sure why you have all this problems
>AUR is shit.
Don't use it
>Can't handle graphics card
You sure? My 10 year old card works fine
>Printer
I had some printer problems, but they were universal to all distros.
>Wake up from hibernation
Works on my machine

I don't want to be that guy, but man you got unlucky if you have all these problems. Other distros work better for you?

>Just werks
that is why they hate it.

>A week ago
>Shrink Windows partition like I always do to make some space for that loonix distro
>Download Manjaro KDE
>Boot in EFI mode, because it's appropriate
>Open the installer
>I tell it to use the empty space on that partition and to install the bootloader on /dev/sda which is the drive I want to use
>It's supposed to use the already existing EFI partition
>Install the thing
>Ends quick enough, seemingly no problems
>It didn't actually fucking successfully install grub, it's always booting into Windows and there's no entry

This kind of shit can't happen in the current year, I'm sorry. I do this shit with other distros like KDE Neon and they're good with it.

i really like the look of it, manjaro is slick as fuck
but i am working full time and try to get shit done in my free time, i cant spend it with obscure terminal commands or tinkering with my gc

i have a radeon hd 5450 in tower and a gf gt 730m in my laptop. i tried at least 4 times on each to install the driver, it never worked and i had to reinstall the system.
to install in efi mode, i restarted my system at least 30 times before i went to legacy mode.
i am too old for this

Windows boots partition never worked for Linux. The installer literally even says that. Create a separate one, 300 mb, use that, then configure grub to boot either one, or to prompt. It's literally so simple.

>It's literally so simple

And yet like I said, KDE Neon just uses the same EFI partition that's already available just fine. That's way simpler.

People (usually either people who don't like Arch stuff to begin with, or pure Arch users) just keep exaggerating every single issue they hear about to make it seem like it's universal and that the distro just fucking breaks something every other day.

Truth is, I've been using it on my laptop, which I use for software development, for a long time now and I have had no issues at all. Not with wifi, not with setting up connections to printers, not with security, not with graphics card (or any other hardware). And no one that I've recommended it to and installe it for IRL has had any issue with Manjaro.

Manjaro works. There are just many groups that dislike it and are very vocal about it.

is also an OS that advertises itself too much and is extremely prone to breaking everytime you update.

just install fucking arch. is it really that hard?

Tried it... Fucked up my thinkpad... Used antergos... Worked better but still need some fixes... Changed to pure arch... Everything fucked up in the beginning but I learned a lot more and why some things didn't worked before.

I am honesty curious what problems you had on your thinkpad wit Manjaro.