Want to become /lit/, but don't want to buy lots of books and wait for them and stuff...

Want to become /lit/, but don't want to buy lots of books and wait for them and stuff, so I thought of getting a pic related. However, that shit is ancient with micro-usb. Are there any alternatives with the glorious usb-c?

edit: thanks fellow gentlegeeks xD

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sony.com/electronics/digital-paper-notepads/dpts1).
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Some really shitty bait.

A, get a Kobo, B, kill yourself

Why Kobo

I really hope this is a bait.
>usb-c
No, there aren't any and (you) don't need it.
Customization

I own a PocketBook Inkpad 3.
It has a 7.8" display, support for LOTS of formats, web browser, feed reader, audio player and sudoku apps (among others) and mounts as usb storage, so you don't need any non-free software to put stuff on it.

> Customization
Could you elaborate?

Which operating system does it use? Is it part of the botnet?

Kobo if you have money, old Kindle if you don't.
USB doesn't matter, I send my books through email in Calibre.

something proprietary based on linux.
But I don't care because I don't consider updates as necessary for an ebook reader and thus have no reason to ever connect it to the interwebs.

Are these good for technical books, say medical textbooks?

I assume those would be pdf files rather than epubs. If so, you want a device with a large screen. Those aren't exactly cheap and if you're doing serious work, you might look into Digital Paper (sony.com/electronics/digital-paper-notepads/dpts1).

Yeah PDFs, basically books are huge haul to carry around. That one's rather expensive but at the same time a single book can be around 300 dollars. I just afraid I can't focus as well as a book because of lack of highlights, scribbling and post it's

>usb-c
Apple shills will defend this

What does this have to do with apple (who still refuses to release phones with usb connectors)?

im not that big of a reader but why do people buy kindles and devices very similar to tablets/phones just to read? isnt a phone the same thing? i read on my phone but if i had to buy a device just to read (i wouldn't, i see no difference) I'd get an android tablet.
please tell me why.

Mainly the display. It doesn't need a back light in the day time, so it's a lot less strenuous on the eyes. It pretty much looks like real paper.

Phone or tablet screens are not usable outside. Kindle screens are glorious eink and the battery lasts for weeks. Also no way for a call or notification to distract you or for easy multitasking to sidetrack you. Beneficial for those with short attention spans or those who are easily distracted.

The backlight isceasier on theceyes at night. I used to read manga at night on my Kindle Fire, and my eyes would burn afterwards. My kobo hasn't done that to me yet

i actually just did a quick google and it seems that the only good thing is the battery life, the rest can be emulated on a tablet.
well, i feel like a lot of people are just into kindles because its the sweet spot in between a book (very gud) and a phone (very bad!).

Accept the fact that phone screens can't emulate paper the same way. No brightness issues or anything like that. Even my LG G7 (with muh 1000nit display) can't be as legible as my kobo in direct sunlight.

>sun hitting my screen and making it hard to read
>"well what a great time to read my favorite manga! let me stay here for 5 hours"

Somebody has never actually seen an E-ink display

Kobo + Calibre for ez piracy and management
also no ads

does it have a inside dictionary?

This i fucking love my kobo

Somebody needs to make a modern ereader with proper page turn buttons that isn't crazy expensive like the high end kindle. I'm still using an ancient kindle keyboard modded to support epubs because I like having a button to turn the page. Why is that so much to ask?