What's the verdict these days? Is Windows 7 better than 8.1? Is 8.1 better than 7?

What's the verdict these days? Is Windows 7 better than 8.1? Is 8.1 better than 7?

Attached: windows-7-vs-windows-8.jpg (700x500, 79K)

linux > w7 > win10 ltsb > everything else

niggers

No, It's oudated and it will die soon.

Use either 8.1 or 10.

Ubuntu Mate > W7 > OpenBSD > macOS > the rest

Install GNU/Linux: gentoo

8.1 and 7 are basically identical if you install a start menu
And only 10 is officially supported on new architectures, so install linux.

Heck, is there even a way to install updates quicker on 8.1 or 7?

Last time I tried doing that slipstreaming shit I had all sorts of problems afterwards. Specially with installing certain runtimes.

Any version of Windows is pretty bad, but Windows 7 is strictly less bad than 8.x or 10. It doesn't have that awful abortion of a UI, I forget whether it's called Metro, Modern, or Material these days. And you can keep the telemetry spyware out of it, unlike with 10, where you can turn the spying down to "basic" but not down to "off".

found the summerfag
win7,8,linux>10>macos

Windows is garbage. Macos is garbage. Every Linux I've tried was garbage. Every mobile OS is garbage.

Windows Server 2019 master race

I wish 10 wasn't as good as it is, but it is...

Linux just feels janky and unrefined.

Sure Windows 10 has some ancient elements that look out of place, but general day-to-day usage you don't see that and it just werks

Windows 7, of course

Attached: About Windows 7.png (490x428, 28K)

your life is garbage, did you ever think of that?

How's summer going for ya kiddo? Cool it down with that edge, and maybe summer won't be so bad.

Attached: 1475100018515.jpg (363x363, 35K)

>windows 10
>just werks

Is that why even normalfags hate it?

Install Windows 8.1 + Classic Shell & OldNewExplorer.

Legit, I have normalfaggy people asking me to install 7 on their recently bought laptops with 10. Normal people don't want no ads or Cortana. They want something that just fucking works.

That's why you see more macfags nowadays. People are tired of Microsoft and their garbage OS. Only gaymurs and corporations/businesses use windows 10. If microsoft doesn't cut the crap in the next few years, most personal computers will be running macos or linux.

Ok, I've seen you in a few threads and I'm just wondering: What kind of anti-malware do you use?

>dual boot W10 with ArchLinux
>use both on a daily basis
>do all my actual work on W10

There is literally nothing wrong with W10, except for the whole telemery deal.

Attached: 1460789572038.jpg (529x399, 101K)

I don't use any anti malware or anti virus software. Even defender is disabled. But if you need one, use MSE.

Attached: Windows Defender.png (470x280, 31K)

Don't need anti-malware when the most common attack surface you have to concern yourself about is your browser if all you're doing is playing games.
So block all ads and selectively turn on/off javascript on websites, and harden your router.
Been doing this for 10 years now and no viruses, no malware.
Not playing games? Then go use linux.

Attached: SS_2018-07-18_22.png (352x427, 56K)

Windows 10 for productivity
Now, stop wasting time and go fucking code

Have you ever made a guide on how to install and update windows 7? I kinda want to install it, but I heard you'll run into some problems installing it on newer hardware.

He's not wrong, though.

No. But as long as you have USB3 drivers installation should be easy. Also NVMe drivers, if you use NVMe storage. These are the only drives lacking from 7.

Yes. Windows 7 is outdated now.

This but unironically

w7 > macos > linux >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> w8.1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> w10

wats dat theme

>8.1 and 7 are basically identical

They're all garbage but in different ways.

> These are the only drives lacking from 7.
Not really, I've installed Win 7 on 4 machines and Realtek LAN drivers were missing.

THEME???

Works on my machine.

>Realtek LAN
>Intel
>missing
Of course.

What is your point?

I'm here to laugh at Intel.

10 > 7 > 8.1 > linux

Great joke user.

Attached: 1472651649155.jpg (380x254, 22K)

non system-D linux OS > 7 sp1 > 8.1 > haiku OS > mac OS > react OS > android OS > a texas instrument graphing calculator > windows 10

_pix

Attached: SS_2018-07-18_42.png (1920x1080, 1.87M)

7 > macOS > GNU+Linux > 8.1 > 10

Attached: satsuki .jpg (1260x697, 129K)

>is poop better than shit or is shit better than poop?

Ah, I see you are a man of autism as well.

GNU/Linix, *bsd, 7, 8.1, 10

Somebody should develop a copypasta ranking all current operating systems, and that includes the operating system in your car.

lol normies.
real niggas use temple os

Attached: Temple-OS-21.png (640x480, 10K)

>outdated garbage OS is the best because i have stockholm syndrome

stockholm syndrome

10 > XP > 7 > 8.1 > shit > loonix

unironically kill yourself

w7 > linux > (((win10)))

Attached: comradekitty.png (268x265, 117K)

7 < Linux < 10

Anyone else concerned ((ms)) will try and somehow sabotage people who use it past EOL/extended support? Like maybe some forced artifically created BSOD they planted in an earlier update

7 is very bloated and broken. especially updates
the bloat is due to .net 3.5 3.0 and 2.0 being part of the OS

8.1 is fast and nimble, but it's a true eye sore (one of the worst UIs ever made). if you can get past that it's usable.

Enjoy your driver support using 8+

8.1 > 10 > 7

yes

where do i start

7 from a design point, 8.1 from a support point.

Windows 8.1 + Classic Shell is better than Windows 10 LTSB or Windows 7 in every single way.

8.1 > linux > 7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> macos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> windows 10

are you kidding me?

... except that it's not better than Windows 7 in every possible way: if you have to do something to an OS to make it function like the previous generation OS then it's not better than the previous generation OS.

You, Sir, are a fucking idiot.

Now GTFO.

Bitch.

Words I live by

I just installed 7 after a long time of switching between 8.1 and 10.

Not only didn't I notice better performance or much more stability, I have longer boot times (compared to 8.1 and 10 with fast startup disabled), I had to look for some extra drivers, restart many, many, many times for updates to install themselves (I even thought I was done when I shut down my computer and suddenly I have 10 more to wait for before it turns off), I have to disable programs at startup because the faggot intel drivers keep telling me I'm using an USB 3.0 external drive on a slower port when I'm not, I don't know. Where's the advantages? No spying? Is that it?

Uh, 8.1 is better because it has native USB 3.0 support and the ability to natively pause file transfers in Explorer. You have to install third-party crap in 7 to do the same. You GTFO, Win 10 using idiot.

Oh, also it decided that my pagefile should be 16GB, you need to go into a settings panel to fucking hide and show files, no right click menu on start menu other than 2 options, seems I can't manually optimize SSD drives either, where's the fun in this system?

works on my machine

You can install those drivers on Win7, but Win8 has bugs which will never get fixed, such as 4GB VRAM limit in DX9 programs.

Which is a problem in a total of like 3 fucking bethesda games. The solution to that is not to have such a shitty taste.

Not if you play at high resolutions with SSAA enabled. FPS goes to hell in these situations on 8.1 and even early w10 versions.

If this argument was ever settled it doesn't matter anyway because W10 is better than both so why would you give a fuck.

Any DX9 title that requires a whole 4GB of VRAM is probably not worth even mentioning.

10 ltsb > xp > 98 > 95 > freetard shit > w7 > apple shit

Any DX9 title will use 4GB RAM at high resolutions.

>... except that it's not better than Windows 7 in every possible way: if you have to do something to an OS to make it function like the previous generation OS then it's not better than the previous generation OS.

>You, Sir, are a fucking idiot.
He didn't say windows 8.1, he said "windows 8.1 WITH CLASSIC SHELL", you fucking idiot.

>10 ltsb
lol

Attached: Untitled.png (2560x1440, 116K)

>minimal
There's literally no issue there unless you're a pedophile, terrorist, or EUfag with illegal right-wing opinions.

Enjoy being sold.

>Femanon
lol

Go back to where you came from.

I think Windows 8.1 with classicshell is (In performance) better than Windows 7. Windows 10 is simply the worst operating system ever released. A bugged spyware.

It's actually worse than 7 on a high-end PC.

Yeah you're right. Also the only good thing that 10 has over 7 and 8.1 is HiDPI support. But if you really wanted to watch stuff with a HiDPI monitor you could just use Linux instead. Windows is only useful for the Windows API after all.

HIghDPI support is just as bad on 10 though. There are some improvements, but it's still a pain in the ass to use and something to avoid.

I gave 10 LTSB a shot for the sake of it and got rid of it the day after. Even though everything was disabled and eradicated it woke up from suspension in the middle of the night and rebooted itself. Would've loved losing work because of it being shit. Madobe4life, if you need windblows.

That's why you install WES7 and untick stuff like Dot Net before install (my image just came to around 900mb with aero and drivers)

He's right though

YES!

Attached: mah nigga.png (607x521, 44K)

Yes

Attached: NTLite_2018-07-19_15-04-23.png (1440x761, 52K)

true for the USB3.0 drivers, use a PS/2 mouse to install windows, saves a fuckton of times.
I managed to install the NVMe drivers on windows 7 (after installing wufuc) that was installed on a SATA SSD and then copy windows onto my M.2 NVMe

windows 7 runs fast a fuck!

Attached: NVMe.png (1447x331, 48K)

Windows 10
Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

Nothing in the head either.

Nothing to hide when it's already out there in the open

So you like walking naked in the street?

Windows 10 is really the worst fucking Windows I've ever used. I had never seen a single corrupt windows installation until my workplace downgraded from w7 to 10, now it's happened in 3 computers, not to mention the major pain in the ass that every single update is.