MPV general newfag edition

mpv newfag here, I heard that in order to change the settings on mpv you have to modify the mpv.conf file. I looked at the wiki and followed their instructions to find the location of the conf file but I couldn't find it. Do I have to create one manually and then enter the configurations there? I really love this media player and I want to be able to take full advantage of it.

also mpv general

Attached: Screenshot (23).png (2560x1080, 3.49M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/occivink/mpv-scripts#blur-edgeslua
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Create it yourself in the same folder as the executable.

With the latest release on Windows, using Vulkan with the context winvk the OSD and the video flicker whenever the OSD is shown. If I don't move my cursor, the video shows just fine. What can I do about this?

I have a question about Vapoursynth (svp)
It works nice with .avi and .mp4 but become shitty with mkv files, a continuous and massive framedrop happens because of the audio and and sub part, if I play the video without audio and subs it werks.
So for .mkv i use the mitchell interpolation instead of vapoursynth.
Someone knows how to solve the problem ?

>Hold windows key and press R
>Type %appdata% hit enter
>Locate the mpv folder
>Make a text document in the mpv folder and name it mpv.conf

Attached: Capture.png (202x50, 2K)

>running mpv on windows

# General #

#save-position-on-quit
#no-border # no window title bar
#msg-module # prepend module name to log messages
#msg-color # color log messages on terminal
#term-osd-bar # display a progress bar on the terminal
#use-filedir-conf # look for additional config files in the directory of the opened file
#pause # no autoplay
keep-open # keep the player open when a file's end is reached
autofit=1100x750 # resize window in case it's larger than W%xH% of the screen
cursor-autohide-fs-only # don't autohide the cursor in window mode, only fullscreen
input-media-keys=no # enable/disable OSX media keys
cursor-autohide=1000 # autohide the curser after 1s
prefetch-playlist=yes
force-seekable=yes
audio-file-auto=all
#start=00:00:15.973

# Screenshot Settings

screenshot-format=png
screenshot-png-compression=6
screenshot-template="%F-%wHh%wMm%wSs%wTms"
screenshot-jpeg-quality=100
screenshot-high-bit-depth=no

# Reduce default OSD size, the defaults are too big.
osd-font-size=28

profile=gpu-hq
#profile=opengl-hq

Just use a conf like this

I noticed that when downloading mpv for windows that there appear to be 2 sources, one from lachs0r that hasn't been updated since december 2017 and one from shinchiro that has been updated more recently. Are each of those sources a different derivative of mpv or something? I downloaded the mpv folder from shinchiro and deleted the one from lachs0r and I noticed it has some more features like a built in updater. I just remembered that when deleting the mpv folder from lachs0r that I forgot to run the uninstaller script and I forgot to delete the mpv folder from %APPDATA%, did I do something wrong? I also ran the installer script from the new build by shinchiro.

>creating system wide configurations instead of local ones
Dis-gust-ing.

What's wrong with that?

Is there anyway to have interpolation on by using a keyboard shortcut or only have it enabled for a specific directory?

I've heard that mpv is made for and by Jow Forumstards, is that true?

Brainlet here, can anyone help me to get ravu working properly? I've been able to get other shaders working, but for some reason I can make ravu go

Attached: computer_dog.jpg (2500x1946, 353K)

Using Windows is not recommended.
#history

>keyboard shortcut
x cycle interpolation
>only have it enabled for a specific directory
use-filedir-conf or auto-profiles.lua

I'd argue that mpv works better on Windows than it does on Linux simply because you can use d3d11-va with ra_d3d11.

Why didn't you just install SMPlayer with mpv core instead?

Don’t use the OSD?

why is this not working? is it only me?
github.com/occivink/mpv-scripts#blur-edgeslua
mpv 0.28.2 (C) 2000-2017 mpv/MPlayer/mplayer2 projects
built on UNKNOWN
ffmpeg library versions:
libavutil 56.14.100
libavcodec 58.18.100
libavformat 58.12.100
libswscale 5.1.100
libavfilter 7.16.100
libswresample 3.1.100
ffmpeg version: 4.0.1

Are there any error messages when you try to use it?

no errors satan-kun
does it work on your end?

Works for me on git master

Attached: Golden Boy (OVA)-01-Computer Lesson [SSP-Corp]_00.09.10.717.jpg (1920x1080, 318K)

what's your config? can you try with an audio file and --external-file='somepic.jpg'?

nothing special in my config, just profile=gpu-hq, video-sync=display-resample, and interpolation, along with some cosmetic tweaks of the interface. Functions the same with no config. I'm using shinchiro's windows build with the d3d11 backend.
Script doesn't seem to work with audio files, with either embedded album art or external images.

I see, thank you

I started using SMPlayer with MPV backend so it would move the subtitles above the black bars automatically. MPV itself can't do this right?

Attached: smp.png (2560x1440, 2.12M)

sub-use-margins=no

Oh damn thanks.
Weird to have it on by default.

>horriblesubs
disgusting

cringe

Yep, just use the "fan"sub which is merely 2 words changed and a font applied.

>big sis
>big brother
no thank you

>he doesn't run as root

Don't get me wrong, I prefer the non English variants too but a lot of shows never have groups releasing them edited.. and I watch almost everything..

So with MPC there's shift F10 that brings up a file properties thing that shows a lot more detail than what the windows properties tab shows. Does MPV have something like this? Also ctrl j to show the stats like frames dropped and other shit. I don't use that one too often but those are the two things I've missed since I switched.

Try I to show stats (or Shift-I to keep it open)

when kept open you can press 1/2 to get even more info.

That's exactly what I wanted in a single short cut, thanks.

I want to impregnate you slut

if I run mpv and then close it then every single window I have open in openbox freezes and I have to restart x windows

yes, I'm haasn

Install gentoo, the config will be in ~/.config/mpv

Why can't mpv come bundled with playlist support and other basic shit, why do i have to spend an hour or two downloading shaders, scripts and configuring options. Then realizing it's still worse than MPC-HC with MadVR.

Probably because they will say it's "unnecessary bloat". I honestly don't know why would anyone use mpv over MPC-HC/MadVR on Windows. I mean, I do understand why people use it on Linux, they just don't have anything better there.

I prefer mpv on windows. It performs better with d3d11 and has way more options that I use. They seperate it for modularity. Its easier to work on for a FOSS community. Its also easier for people to create new optional scripts.

>he needs subtitles

Too lazy to learn japanese.. it's so crazy much work.. and have 0 motivation/willpower for it.

Although I would love to learn it.. in a school preferably, but that costs coins I don't have.

>Then realizing it's still worse than MPC-HC with MadVR.
How is it worse?

lachs0r's builds fucking suck. The latest one worked once and every single time afterward, the videos played with a black screen and only the audio correctly. Meanwhile, shinchiro's works perfectly.

>mpv newfag here, I heard that in order to change the settings on mpv you have to modify the mpv.conf file
>you have to modify the mpv.conf file
>in order to change the settings on mpv

Jesus christ. Do you retards actually memorize where this file is located or just have a link to it?

>memorize where this file is located
Are you retarded or this is some clever joke that I'm missing?

Attached: Untitled.png (878x568, 26K)

okay thanks. this is a reason to avoid mpv at all costs

>screenshot-jpeg-quality=100
that very unnecessary, screenshots are going to end up twice as big as with 90% and without an improvement in quality, better use png, it'll be slightly bigger as 100%

90 is fine

I mean, use png is you want "better" screenshots instead of 100%

Indeed. Might as well go FULL PNG by then

full 24 bit 96 kHz

You're not fooling me with your shenanigans

Attached: flac.png (640x318, 25K)

>not waiting for the BD release