Can someone please explain this image to me?

can someone please explain this image to me?

Attached: 1531916849356.png (1340x1226, 275K)

Other urls found in this thread:

outreachy.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Brainlets don't understand that you can't just type const in front of anything, especially in a codebase as large as the Linux kernel. It's an ingrate task requiring a lot of code reading and testing but the Linux kernel is now better and safer thanks to the work of that person.

ok thanks for not answering my question

What part, specifically?

Depending on your knowledge there are very different things to explain, and I'm not gonna write 20 paragraphs of every possible thing to be explained because some idiot on Jow Forums doesn't want to google.

autism ok

sup Linus.

He wants to know why this pajeet got some award for typing const after all her contributions

This was explained here

Because leftists are retarded

outreachy.org/

so this is how windows is developed

Stupid as fuck thread, the "const" word is only in the commit message, that show how stupid and ignorant the original poster is for not knowing how gits works. Just another bait I think.

>is the value going to change
ohhh wowwwwheeeee

You have 24 hours to find a variable that should (not could, should) be a constant in the Linux kernel.
Go!

why? pajeet will do it

>is the pointer going to be freed
>oh wow so hard to prove, why do those idiots even have a problem with it

And you'll keep posting your hot opinions on Jow Forums instead of touching C programs. All's right with the world.

since I write static analysis tools for a living you're both wrong

Attached: 1507762166436.png (636x778, 34K)

The image shows a Jow Forums post picturing a girl of seemingly none Caucasian origin. The post talks of how this girl was awarded for her contributions to the Linux kernel code base.
The post then goes to show a list of her contributions that allegedly got her recognition from GNU.
The post implies that her contributions are rather simple and provide no real value and show no real talent (her contributions are adding the const keyword to variables, which makes the variables immutable (Impossible for the value to change). These changes are considered mildly useful by preventing the chances of state changes in the application and giving the software more resilience to the introduction of bugs.

Because the changes are considered rather small and lacking in any technical skill, the post implies that she should not have been awarded any recongniton for her change, and perhaps was only rewarded for socio-political reasons because of her gender and ethic origin.

Does that make more sense now?

Posted from my iPhone xoxo

>let's just const everything that doesn't move
>nobody else out of the 10000 devs working on this is EVER going to need to use these variables anyway

Exactly. You're too retarded to do it

Jow Forums brainlet infestation is all I see. I think I'll move my shitposting over to reddit, a tad less autistic than here.

Keep sucking pajeet dick

Thanks for fucking off you flippant dick.

anyone into k-pop here?

Kill yourself gooklover retard

>he's such a schmuck he doesn't know how to use google

And that's what Pajeeta won the scholarship and you didn't. What's stopping you from contributing more than her? You can contribute more to the kernel more than a random 22 yo Pajeeta, right user?

const char myLife[] "Pajeeta won the scholarship and you didn't";