So im getting a new [spoiler]laptop[/spoiler] but its only available with windows 10

so im getting a new [spoiler]laptop[/spoiler] but its only available with windows 10

how do I turn off all the cancer and force updates off?
no install linux replies plz I dont want to be "that guy"

Attached: 1529838623171-vg.png (640x789, 649K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/5jTebneB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

so this is what the average yasuo player looks like?

also "it's only available with windows 10"
nigga are you retarded? wipe that shit and install win7 or linux, fucking nigger

had the same problem, moved to linux
they don't make win7 drivers for newer intel chipsets anymore, deal with it

Install debian testing with i3, your system will be so light that you could run a windows vm for any windows only software

>so this is what the average yasuo player looks like?
No, this is how average video gaymes player looks like.

none of these answer my question

Because it's pretty much impossible to remove telemetry from Win10. Safest bet would be to have own DNS to block some domains, edit registry and get win Pro since it should have more possibilites to disable telemetry.
Basically "install gentoo" is easiest way to have PC without telemetry

Install Linux

pastebin.com/5jTebneB

Put that into a .bat file and run it. Double check it doesn't remove any default programs you want. You'll have to manually remove some of the garbage like Candy Crush and what not.

you cant I turned the updates off with console commands and some how they eventually turned them back on remotely. people had same experience with previous versions of windows.

you can delay a update like this by like 2 months but eventually they will force you.

>win10 how to get rid of cancer?
Format harddrive and install something else. It is the only solution as of today.

>how do I turn off all the cancer and force updates off?
Unironically install gentoo.

now thats a good user

Attached: H-j_uJSK_400x400.jpg (400x400, 29K)

>No, this is how average video gaymes player looks like.
No, this is how average 10 year olds looks like.

Stop being 12 and wipe the hard drive and install 7.
Use sdi update if you need drivers.

this OP it's not an exaggeration to say you could comfortably be using linux with the time you'd spend learning how to "disable" windows 10 telemetry. It's not as simple as running a powershell script and I don't know if it's even possible to fully disable at all... I'm saying this after ditching it post second update 2015 after release where they made the telemetry even more aggressive.

im not going to install a literal who OS and risk being unable to run shit I want because a bunch of Jow Forums madlads said its epic

Then don't

op
>i want windows 10 but without the bad parts

everyone
>this is literally just windows 10 get rid of it

op
>none of these answer my question

>new laptop
Get a used thinkpad
why waste money?

>but its only available with windows 10
>no install linux replies plz

install ubuntu or xubuntu
it actually works without any issue

>spoiler

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

>macshit

Attached: 1521691956862.png (359x198, 31K)

Open Windows Services. Stop Windows Update. Change it from Automatic to Disabled.

this is based on my general windows knowledge, I haven't touched it in years. I have heard about it's malware like behavior though and I think this method should work.

1. go to the registry, find the key for WUA and set it to 0. All the services are under one tree but I don't remember where it is, google that.

2. go to c/windows/system32 and find the folder called 'config'. go to the properties and you should be able to revoke permission for SYSTEM to write anything to that folder. you obviously have to leave read access though.

3. ???

4. Profit!

Attached: 1510778283442s.jpg (125x83, 2K)

also I'd be remiss to mention that completely nuking windows update may be the only way to disable forced, unplanned and probably unnecessary updates. But this also doesn't really give you the option to install important updates, and no method will, because the second you enable it and get the latest update they are very likely to have figured out whatever method of circumvention you've figured out and include a fix in the update.
This basically means you follow microsofts strong desire to be completely in control of updates or you should quit windows, because it's no meme that windows is dangerous without security updates.

>win7
10 is superior in every way
>linux
Did you even consider that it might not support the hardware you fag?

Turn these off, faggot.

Attached: image.jpg (1336x562, 193K)