What speakers should I get?

I just got a 1K bonus at work. I want to spend 300 on speakers. What should I get?

Attached: 1111psbsig.colots.jpg (600x214, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jamo.com/speakers
usaudiomart.com/details/649449949-music-hall-marimba-175-off/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nothing good at that point, enjoy your (you)

for sitting in front of the PC or like a stereo setup?

Get these.

Attached: ns-bp200_piano_black_j_1920x1920_ba762f829326198cb3f1ae4e5ffc8a31.jpg (1920x1920, 387K)

Depends on your location.

spending like 100-600$ on new speakers is stupid get some thing second hand instead from like the 90s/2000s

all these people who buy 500$ speakers and think they have made a smart choice are idiots. also studio speakers sound like shit they are not for lessening they are for music production same goes for studio headphones so many people get audiotechnicas and feel they sound harsh and shit even thou technically they are the most "true" or what ever.

spend 500$ buying a variety of second hand speakers from the last 20-30 years and trying them out and learning what you like and reselling and shit or getting things for free. if you do this you will end up with speakers that sound like $6000 new speakers today if you buy a 500$ set of new speakers you will get some thing that sounds like 200$ new speakers and you could get for litearlly free.

krk 10-3 g3

KEF Q-100s are about the best you'll find in that price range. I've got a set in my office, they're pretty nice.

jamo.com/speakers
I have one of their center speakers (I picked it up when I was working for an e-cycler). It's easily the best center speaker I've ever owned.

Second hand Paradigm Atoms and the receiver of your choice to power them.

Adding to that, the center is powerful enough to where it sounds like I have a small sub attached.

>What should I get
a $1000 CD from your bank

and a pair of headphones under $100

>all these people who buy 500$ speakers and think they have made a smart choice are idiots. also studio speakers sound like shit they are not for lessening they are for music production same goes for studio headphones so many people get audiotechnicas and feel they sound harsh and shit even thou technically they are the most "true" or what ever.

This is dumb.

Pioneer Bs-22 for $99

Elac Debut B5 or B6 $220-250

Q acoustics 3020 for $242

Kef Q100 for $250

Elac Uni-Fi ub5 for $350

You'll also need an amp. Kind of depends what your wishes are.

If you want something powered, the Fluance ai40 are hard to beat for $200

lessen here u retard, they are called STUDIO monitors and they are very harsh and feel bad for hearing music, hence they belong in a STUDIO. for enjoyment people don't like technically "true" sounds like the audio technicals. for the best sound you wanna get $100 speakers from 20 or 30 years ago.

so:
room size
equipment you already got
music taste
do you want new or used, and if so:
what state

Attached: 3a5c6360f1d67aae014d4da24c46c3e4--us-regions-music-industry.jpg (736x1270, 130K)

usaudiomart.com/details/649449949-music-hall-marimba-175-off/

THIS
5.25 inch woofer
not much bass but excellent imaging

Attached: 1940385-music-hall-marimba-175-off.jpg (604x542, 162K)

No you're the retard. The only difference between studio monitors and Hi-fi speakers are that studio monitors have a more rugged appearance and hi-fi speakers have fancy cabinetry. Monitors also tend to have crossover designs to protect the drivers from blow out at higher spls. In either case though, both monitors and hi-fi speakers aim for accuracy when we're taking about high end products.

Audio-technica headphones are harsh because they have treble spikes, not because the word studio is printed on the box.

Thanks anons. Looking these up.

i personally have the rokit 8's (2nd gen) but I do like the comparable Yorkvilles.

get the Yamahas HS7 I've had these for 5 years now and I'm still impressed by how good they sound, they're around 200-250 for one speaker so it fits your budget nicely. they also have what they call "room control" on them so depending on the size of your room you can set them up to roll the low end or the highs off with is a godsend for small rooms.
seriously consider those user. + they're aesthetic as fuck with the white membrane.

but two lsr305s and spend the rest of the money on room treatment maybe buy a sub after that

I dont know mate, I used to produce music and my iMac’s built in speakers were a more pleasurable listening experience than my expensive studio monitors. Studio monitors serve a different purpose.