Are we REALLY being spied?

I mean, everyone here probably knows that the US government is spying on everybody and that Google, Facebook and a lot of apps are part of the botnet. Snowden confirmed this.

But, again, are we really, definitely, being spied? Why would the NSA or the CIA want to know what an ordinary person like me or yourself is doing? Why would we be targeted if we have nothing to hide? We're just ordinary. The ones who should be concerned are pedophiles, terrorists and people who are commiting crimes.

So, in the end, all those paranoid anons here are worrying over nothing because there's no reason for the NSA or the CIA to spy on ordinary people like us who are only commenting about technology, animes, politics etc, it would simply be a waste of time for them. Of course, this is just my conjecture, which I think is very plausible, but you guys are free to disagree, I just hope you post good reasons for doing so.

Attached: Botnet-malware-tool-hacking.png (728x450, 204K)

OP glows in the dark

The whole "If you're not doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about" line is what they say as they're violating your civil rights.

something something "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say. "

dunno, sounds like a good quote

Yes, but is that line wrong? I'm not justifying their spying by any means, but is it really worth it all the worrying just to escape the Botnet if you're doing nothing wrong?

Sure, we should fight, do protests for our privacy, but I'm not going to waste my time doing thousands of things on my PC in order to stay anonymous on the internet when I have nothing to hide and did nothing wrong. Besides, even if they can spy me, they don't even have a reason to do it because I'm a perfectly honest citizen so how can I be sure that they're effectively spying on me? They aren't, because they don't wanna waste their times, they're probably only focusing on criminals.

>here are worrying over nothing
Wrong, it doesn't matter whether something is of importance or not. Everything is being logged, from the average joe to the high level political players.

>Why would the NSA or the CIA want to know what an ordinary person like me or yourself is doing?
They do but they don't. It is a matter of IF you become a non-ordinary person, then they already have everything.

>Wrong, it doesn't matter whether something is of importance or not. Everything is being logged, from the average joe to the high level political players.
I know, but the thing is they CAN spy on the average joe, but for what reason would they do it? Like you said, they're average.
>They do but they don't. It is a matter of IF you become a non-ordinary person, then they already have everything.
Well, I believe the huge majority of ordinary people will stay ordinary for the rest of their lives, most people don't plan on becoming criminals, cosuming CP or commiting crimes, they just seek to follow a normal, average life. So, again, why would they be concerned over the possibility of being spied?

For those who wish to go against the law, they have to be worried, but then again, they had it coming.

NSA employee: yo they're spying on you
NSA: yeah it is like our stated purpose
CIA: dude it is in our name
Congress: we tax you and write them a check they have to spend on spying on you

OP: Are they really spying on us.

Nigger are you serious?

well, technically we have laws that protect us from unwarranted spying.

Read again. I know they can spy of everyone they want to, but why would they waste their time spying of ordinary people who did nothing wrong? Do you think NSA/CIA employees will be like:
- Hey, let's spy on the lives of those fat anime fans on Jow Forums
- Right on dude, hehehe

Just no, my nigger, they're after people who are commiting crimes, not average persons. Even if they CAN spy on us, there's simply no reason for them to do so. Of course I understand and agree that everyone should have the right to privacy but why be so paranoid about the possibility of being spied when you did nothing wrong. Just look at the Cybersecurity threads, why are ordinary people so worried about that? If you want to protest then go on, but why waste hundreds of hours configuring your PC, installing programs etc in order to escape the botnet when you did absolutely nothing wrong?

OP glows in the dark
OP knows his days are numbered
I sense your nervousness
I think you know what awful things are coming your way
>w-we were j-just following orders

Attached: intel-me.png (617x793, 187K)

NSA employee: yo they're spying on you
NSA: yeah it is like our stated purpose
CIA: dude it is in our name
Congress: we tax you and write them a check they have to spend on spying on you

You: This text that is written on the toilet paper used in DC says they can't do this.

NSA: we're doing it
CIA: in the name asshole
Congress: whats a constitution
SCOTUS: nigga u really expect read all that shit?
Pres: yeah try to enforce it

You: are we rly being spied on?

Nigga is u srs?

Were you not born yet in 2013? This debate has been raging for five whole years. It doesn't matter if you're being targeted today because all that data is sitting somewhere for future (mis)use. The three-letter agencies have already been caught using it for political purposes, not to mention a panel handpicked by Obongo couldn't find a single instance of the apparatus finding a potential threat. Waste of money and abuse of data are all the reasons ANYONE should need to demand its dismantling.

Your wording could have implied your mind is set on either stance ( that they either are or are not logging everything)

just a reminder, everything is already being logged. its not a matter of "why would they"

they already are

I agree that most of us just want to make some cash and live a normal life.

>So, again, why would they be concerned over the possibility of being spied?
its an issue of liberties being gradually chipped away. it may not seem like such a big deal, but over time it will get worse and worse and worse

>go to store
>can't find wired printers anymore
>people buying alexa (live mic in home in addition to pcs)
>people buying smart tvs (an extra mic in house, extra internet devices)
>people buying IoT appliances, even fridges, thermostats
>all cars come with mics now (bluetooth phone support)
>all cars come with button start ignition vs. traditional key

don't you get it?
I am not saying we do anything about, because i certainly am not going to. we should at minimum be aware of what is ongoing though

>Do you think NSA/CIA employees will be like
Yeah according to them that's what they do. Arguing it isn't done because it is inefficient displays a remarkable naivety about government.

based and redpilled

>Yeah according to them that's what they do.
Can you prove that?

Dude, your being spied on all the time anyway soon as you enter a grocery store, going to work (traffic cams),etc. Your only privacy is during the time your taking a shat. Then once you do something that "the man" finds objectionable (such as some post on a website) they dig through it all finding all the dirt to use against you. Hell the way things are going with all the "Smart" shit in houses not even your midnight snack raids will go unrecorded.

>But, again, are we really, definitely, being spied?
I don't know how you could want any more proof, after Snowden.
>Why would the NSA or the CIA want to know what an ordinary person like me or yourself is doing?
People still have this mindset like its the fucking 1960s and surveillance needs an individual person sorting through intercepts and saying "Hmmm... user said such and such, better file that..." No. That's not how it works. Same way its not how Google's creepy advertising bullshit works. They collect everything they can lay their fucking hands on and then dump it in a massive database to query for information.

Which is a big reason why its so dangerous. Some automated machine-learning terrorist finder could flag you as suspicious for who the fuck knows why. Not only would you not know it happened, THEY wouldn't know WHY it happened, just that their big system says you're probably a terrorist, better make this guy's life a living hell. This already happens with shit like the no-fly list, there's people who get patted down and detained and interrogated every time they try to get on a plane. They're not terrorists. The investigations never find anything. But something, somewhere, put them on a list, and once you're on, you never get off. Nobody has any incentive to take anyone off proactively, and there's nobody you can appeal to, or even who will confirm or deny that you're on the list.

>but is it really worth it all the worrying just to escape the Botnet if you're doing nothing wrong?
>Sure, we should fight, do protests for our privacy, but I'm not going to waste my time
That escaping the botnet shit is HOW you fight for your privacy. Making dragnet collection less effective and more of a pain just to give those thugs the finger is the only way to send a message they'll understand, short of shooting them.

You are such a bootlicker. Rolling over and letting them do whatever they want to you for the sake of convenience. They use things like AI to sort through the data and even if they don't use it, if a leak happens, then all your data is out in the wild.

Literally yes dumbshit, thats how they keep catching silk road admins.

fpbp

I LIKE ELEPHANTS AND GOD LIKES ELEPHANTS

Attached: Screenshot_20180715-002349_YouTube.jpg (1906x1415, 204K)