Do you update your BIOS on a regular basis Jow Forums?

Do you update your BIOS on a regular basis Jow Forums?
Updated my bios on my X370 motherboard in case I want to upgrade my 1600x, noticed some improvements and even got lower voltage on my overclock.

Attached: asus x370 pro.jpg (1280x720, 180K)

yes,, especially on anything slightly new, and since you're bleeding edge you're pretty dumb for not checking every few weeks if there's an update.
My ryzen board was updated 6 times so far over the past year...

if it ain't broke, don't fix it

I would but ASUS are shit. Had tons of problems with my x470 board.

if it aint broke dont fix it.
in the past i had a gigabtye board brick during a bios update.
dual bios didnt recover either.
only time ive done a bios update was because i bought a 1060 that wouldnt talk to my z77 mobo untill i updated it. UEFI fix maybe?

Yes, and I'm with latest version now.

>gigabtye
It's shit, don't buy it.

My board wasn't broke and I updated my BIOS.
Now I have a more stable overclock at lower voltage. This happened in a few Ryzen boards.

>your car has issues but at least the motor works so no need to repair it

>strawman

If BIOS updates improve your system performance I don't see why you would avoid it, unless you're really afraid of bricking your mobo

see Ryzen will need a few updates here and there from time to time. It's not like they receive special treatment from devs right before and out of the gates.

I have that exact Prime x370 Pro board.
Took till 4011 to patch Spectre and finally not randomly black screen.

Still needs 1.363v to propel my 1700x to 3.825Ghz and will crash with less volts, or with more clockspeed.

4012 is out.

HP flashing utility is horrid it bricked my s5-1414 last week.

I'll update the next time I reboot which is in about 2 weeks or so, meanwhile I'll keep an eye on the threads to see if that version is good or bad.

I have the same CPU at 3800MHz with stock voltage (1.35v), though I heard it's pretty much random. They released a new BIOS last week though.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO UPDATE BIOS WITH THIS PIECE OF SHIT DISTRIBUTION UBUNTU
WITHOUT REINSTALL???

LINUXTARDS BTFOd????

I actually have mine set to 1.35v but auto LLC will boost it to 1.363v under a sustained load, setting the LLC or base voltage lower just hard locks for me.
HWmonitor occasionally reports near 4ghz on a single core though so I think XFR is still here.

I've just come to accept that I'm not getting the magical 4ghz across all cores on my chip and the 2700x isn't worth it.

Update the bios via a USB drive and the built in flash in bios.

>be using z68 extreme3 gen3
>update bios to use newer cpu
>it bricks itself

asrock is now asrbicked

>update bios with usb
And it fucks up my uefi boot
Pretty gay if you ask me

Why would clicking flash in bios and picking the file from a USB drive fuck up your uefi boot?

Is this the power of ubuntu?

>new update comes out.
>search for the v#.
>redditards and forum fags talking about worse performance, instability, and all kinds of shit happening for no reasons.
>don't update.
If it ain't broke.

ive flashed my x220 bios more than 50 times in a month
desktopcucks btfo

No, MSI rarely releases updates

I do update the BIOS for my H170-Pro mainboard to ease muh meltdown, muh spectre, muh aids, so on.