Eruptive technology related things that are going to make major changes in the near future

Eruptive technology related things that are going to make major changes in the near future.

Attached: bamboozled.jpg (732x664, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mZopM2O1Ha0&t=4m10s
insideevs.com/expected-tesla-model-s-fails-lap-nurburgring-full-power-video/
thomasjstanley.com/2012/01/drive-rich-or-be-rich/
youtube.com/watch?v=m0qp_tXTIi0
youtube.com/watch?v=DMXjC5ytuaY
youtube.com/watch?v=ISFvBbQqTL0
youtube.com/watch?v=8B5MDI-tGFY
youtube.com/watch?v=6UAcY_zPM3k
youtube.com/watch?v=0Zs3lU08q4I
youtube.com/watch?v=TJsHlugRls4
youtube.com/watch?v=F04MXepYiBs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>luxury 7 figure car vs something out of thin air that has no actual physical car

Call me when it can set the Nordschleife record.

has no engine u mean? engine is just some molded metal anyway.

nothing special.

call me when it's affordable (under $5k)

i mean its already over 90% cheaper, what else you want? free?

Attached: 1531637431951.jpg (770x1024, 97K)

The kind of people buying a Chiron won't care about the price difference or the raw acceleration stats, they care about the sound the quad turbocharged W16 makes, the luxury of the interior and they way people turn heads when they see a $3m hypercar.

99.99% people don't set Nordschleife records.

a good bike makes much better sound for much cheaper.

the kind of people who buy a Chiron don't need to vroom their car to impress the ladies.

The bugatti isn't prone to spontaneous explosions. That shit is literally the Intel of the car world. Lithium-ion batteries last about 80% as long as they did before if you crank them with a supercapacitor like tesla uses to fill up a charge. A gas tank doesn't lose 20% of its capacity from using an actually retarded mode of refueling. It's the same as modern smartphone "fast chargers" why the fuck do you think they only last 2 years tops? Tesla is the same fucking thing. That's a fucking 80k+ dollar repair job every two fucking years or so, let's see how big that 200k price tag is after 10 years.

i would like it for free, yes

petrol jews will love you.

but it sounds fucking awful
even a straight piped 4 cylinder engine from some economy car sounds better

>Quad turbocharged W16 sounds awful
How do those grapes look mr fox?

Bad example, the Tesla Roadster isn't going to make major changes in the future. It's a toy for rich people.

Electric cars are revolutionary, but not for any of the reasons in OPs image. It's because of their efficiency and cleanliness. Once the infrastructure is fully in place, and the price comes down just a wee bit more, it would be downright retarded to buy a combustion car.

>Still believing Tesla's song and dance
I thought people would know better by now

>Fails to mention the fact that as a percentage of fire accidents, electric cars are actually likely to explode and catch on fire LESS than a petrol car would, turns out sitting on 50 litres of explosive fuel is actually pretty dangerous

Gulf oil has deposited 2c into your account.

>That's a fucking 80k+ dollar repair job every two fucking years or so,
You realize that most EV batteries are under warranty for up to 10 whole years?

>The bugatti isn't prone to spontaneous explosions
Yes it is, every single combustion engine car is.

youtube.com/watch?v=mZopM2O1Ha0&t=4m10s
it literally sounds like a diesel VW

I'm sure a smartphone recording does it justice user. Also that's a Veyron not a Chiron, Chiron has 1500BHP I believe.

sorry but i would rather take the bus

From what I've read, the teslas get progressively slower as you run around the track, and then going into limp mode before going kaput and having to be towed off the track.

The Tesla S can't even complete a 14mile Nurburgring lap, a single fucking lap. It entered reduced power mode 3 minutes into the lap.

insideevs.com/expected-tesla-model-s-fails-lap-nurburgring-full-power-video/

Yeah until they make better batteries this will always be a problem. Doesn't render useless for every day driving though.

it does justice to other cars
>Also that's a Veyron not a Chiron
same engine, changes nothing

>Still buying into the Tesla meme
You should keep in mind that with every battery, the power decreases with decreasing charge, meaning that your top speed gradually decreases as well. Totally different for gasoline. There, you have either on or off.
First law of tech hype, user: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

how long does it take to refuel/recharge?

It's true, though, Teslas don't last anywhere near as long as petrol or diesel cars without spending a shit load on battery replacements. Battery tech just isn't mature enough for practical electric cars yet.

actually the same goes with car engines just not noticed until 100k miles. batteries dont lose power until they are past their rated cycle life span too.

EV is taking over. i do wish they kept it hybrid though because EV cars all sound like toys.

i believe the mclaren p1 is ultimate car (it is hybrid)

From my local news. Translation
>"It is clear that they are just practicing how to build a car", says Tesla owner who had broken three doorhandles and now the trunk of the car is broken

Attached: Untitled.jpg (634x543, 99K)

I'd probably pick one of those electric cars with a gasoline engine that only generates electricity (series hybrid drive), not a parallel hybrid drive train like the Prius.

Parallel hybrid drive cars get awful mileage when you get up to speed.

I think that is a misunderstanding. Just to be clear, I'm referring to running out of gas while driving. In that case, you're wrong (and everyone who has a car will tell you the same). Same with batteries, if the charge decreases, you can get less voltage from it. If you're still keeping the current constant, the power decreases with charge. Nothing to do with lifespan.

EV -- as much as I like the idea - will not be taking over in the next twenty years. Infrastructure for it is still underdeveloped and will take tons of time and resources to build up. Change in "analog" technology is slower than we'd like to.

Nothing beats The Ultimate Driving Machine. Fuck your puny crap out of here.

Attached: frozen-black-bmw-m6-gran-coupe-is-breathtaking-photo-gallery_5.jpg (2560x1600, 1.92M)

>Not Audi
Nope, sorry.

Found the dumb lazy liberal.

I drive an Audi

>Not Lada
get a load of this guy

Don't forget the kebab mount, Ahmed

The really eruptive technology would be Americans using 21th century unity of measure.

>they care about the sound
>turn heads
>a good bike makes much better sound for much cheaper.
>but it sounds fucking awful
>EV cars all sound like toys.

Attached: 1523123534101.png (816x643, 852K)

Are you retarded?

>Audi

The premium car for poors.

Attached: VA_74e40e0c87e44e2b8d50328019e72709.jpg (800x533, 50K)

I feel you. I'd love a car with Audi tech and BMW aesthetics.

>anything post e39

Attached: 1480483199845.jpg (600x660, 65K)

>t. cucked by looks
How does it feel to have inferior engine and drivetrain?

>The premium car for poors.
Same with BMW. It's the #1 choice for insecure low-status individuals.
Most actually rich people don't buy fancy cars.
thomasjstanley.com/2012/01/drive-rich-or-be-rich/

>The median price paid by millionaires for their most recent acquisition was only $31,367. The typical price paid by decamillionaires was $41,997. . . . many millionaires drive so-called common, nonprestige makes of cars; . . . .

Attached: asesino.jpg (2048x1315, 426K)

Both are great companies. And yeah, the M4 looks awesome.

Attached: new-2018-bmw-m4-cpe2drcpe-11085-16817164-3-1024.jpg (1024x682, 157K)

Ingvar Kamprad was worth $42 billion at one point and drove a 30 year old Volvo 240.

Attached: Volvo-240-3a381d1dbdf3eb29-large.jpg (1916x1080, 891K)

If I had to get something american for going in a straight line i'd prefer a corvette or challenger. It would at-least sound like a sports car.

people that CARE about the sound dont buy buggatis instead they spend their money on thing that are way more special than just a straight line fag

youtube.com/watch?v=m0qp_tXTIi0

Interesting. I'm pretty well off here in Austria and I keep getting shit from friends and family for buying VW Golfs. I just like them and don't see the point of spending insane amounts on something that just needs to get me for A to B.

>bmw plebs

Just get a mercedes

Also, why fuck I need a 200k car to get to my job and do my groceries, main point of electric cars is not paying for gas not spending the money of a house on them

>mercedes
Enjoy shit customer support.

there is a reason why bmw doesnt want m4 to pass the moose test....
youtube.com/watch?v=DMXjC5ytuaY

What?

oh you dont know?
let me show you how 2 bmw that share the same chasis with m4 acts on that little yet crucial test
youtube.com/watch?v=ISFvBbQqTL0
youtube.com/watch?v=8B5MDI-tGFY

I want a BMW to spin in circle in a cloud of smoke and dust when you floor it. I don't care about driving it like a granny.

But Tesla Roadster actually looks very good. I'd turn my head for a Tesla, while the other one is now just meh. Sound that a high end sports car makes is plain annoying, and people turn their heads for it out of annoyance.

avoiding multiple targets at 80km is driving like a granny?

and you have a drivers licence?

See You're just lying at this point.
>I totally wouldn't look if I saw a $3m supercar going by I swear i-it's a-annoying.

>buggati
call me when they actually make something GOOD for a chance
youtube.com/watch?v=6UAcY_zPM3k

Totally fine to like Ferraris better but claiming you wouldn't be interested if one went by is pretty laughable.

Bugatti's are supposed to be status symbols.

>Bugatti's are supposed to be status symbols.
thats the sad part of the current automotive era
a car that has only 7 mins of tire life at 350km/h became a status quo
while till 2000-206 owning a RR or an old ferrari or an old aston martin or even a e class jaguar was the epitome of elegance and status symbol..

everything went wrong

Not him and not Nordschleife but Volkswagen did preddy gud in Pikes Peak:
youtube.com/watch?v=0Zs3lU08q4I

>pretty good

that shit would have flew into orbit if this was the old pikes peak

>avoiding multiple targets at 80km
And are you implying an M4 can't do that?

the m2 is even stiffer than the m4 and it failed as you saw

>not understanding economics.

Are you a Communist? Clearly telsa is a piece of shit since people are only willing to pay200k for.it.

Why though, whats changed? Legit question out of stupidity not to argue

well there is a video that illustrates how it originally was
youtube.com/watch?v=TJsHlugRls4

I watched a few seconds from the first video, and it seemed fine to me. I doubt you do that kind of slalom on the highway though.

>he automatically thinks more expensive = better
typical from your good american capitalist worker

hitting cones is not fine thats the point a cone can be a person another car a moose a deer whatever

and yes in highways when morons can brake check you or an accident happens and you have very little room to react a chasis is what will save you the potential target and maybe your car..

yeah but the "average" millionaire is some fuck who had to pinch pennies for decades to get there. Real young money buys the cool shit because it's fuckin cool

Ah the legendary one handed handling while blocking the sun, ebin. So basically just sand roads? I really don't know how an electric car would perform there, prolly not good. Also what bothers me about electric motors and whats really holding them back is not some oil conspiracy but how would an electric motor work for example in a fully electronic excavator or other kind of platform thats under a huge stress most of the time its in use? Would you need SMR (small modular reactor) instead of batteries? :D

That's why you keep a safe distance from everyone on the highway. Don't drive like a moron 1m behind someone's rear bumper.

>he loves to molest girls on the bus instead of being part of the future

Attached: download (5).jpg (300x168, 4K)

ari vatanen was driving that particular peugeot you needed massive balls for this..
but 1998 was the year that everything started to change because of the escudo a beast with p/w ration of 1/1 almost

thats not the point there is always a point that something out of your control will happen

>something out of your control will happen
And then you use the brake pedal.

and you never know what is on your surroundings
during that time

youtube.com/watch?v=F04MXepYiBs

>ITT nerds arguing over which car they will never buy is better
I'll still buy a McLaren F1 for $16m if I had the money.

Too musk Koskenkorva. Again.

Around here BMW is the preferred car for gangsters.

>crashes
>gets electrocuted and burned to death

>Bentleys and Bugatis are the cars , I won't buy, when I'm gonna rich

Should be no car anyway since you keep a safe distance from all.

Both are closed source, so none.
I'll only drive CarKit/GNU/Linux

Attached: R9rnmXv.jpg (576x382, 57K)

how can you keep a safe distance from a car that is left or right of you? LOL

Maybe :) They're fast, drive good and are reliable. Good build quality.

When I apply the brakes my car does not go left or right. I don't know about yours.

Thank god the hamster is still alive.

and what if the car in front of you has better brakes and you cant avoid it? which you know happens...

forgot pic

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x1066, 1.79M)

then you're not keeping safe distance

>quad turbocharged W16
Is this the carfags equivalent for
>quad-core 14nm
?

Chiron is just a fancy show-off tool like a watch that costs 300k.
A watch that costs 5 bucks probably keeps better time.
And there's nothing wrong with that. People like nice things.

That's why you keep a safe distance and don't drive 1m behind someone's rear bumper. And my car has good brakes too, so I'm fine.

I think it's more like dual Xeons. Overclocked too.