Has there ever been a more successful tech CEO than Satya Nadella...

Has there ever been a more successful tech CEO than Satya Nadella? Even Steve Jobs didn't achieve this much in such a short space of time

Attached: IMG_20180719_073918.jpg (1080x1219, 280K)

True "courage" is having the bravery to drop failing vanity projects like Windows Phone, and deciding to give away your main product (your operating system) for free. People called him crazy. They are not laughing now

I mean, Ballmer was really bad...

>have a good alternative to Android
>dump it
>have good hardware division (xbone)
>drop it
They are losing market share faster than i can cum.
Its embarrassing.

It’s amazing, this Poo, has got me to learn Linux after using windows since version 3.1

If he shits the streets on windows again I’m ditching it for good.

MS also fired a ton of devs and W10 is the result. And you're right, I'm not laughing about that.

It's obvious they don't give a shit about Windows except as a platform for Office.

>good alternative to Android

not sure which M$ product you mean user

Windows Phone.
I had a friend with one it was surprisingly intuitive and fast considering it was cheap device.
Sure the specs for the camera weren't up to par and the screen needed better resolution but it worked good.

Ultimately it failed because normies needed "apps" which windows phone didn't have at that time. Otherwise it was pretty good

I hate this meme. I still have a WP phone (though I switched to Android). It's not fast and it's full of bugs.
It has smooth transitions/animations, but after a while you start hating them and just wish things started faster.

im sure Microsoft is very upset over losing you.

DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS.

Also I think steve would never have told the windows update team to write malware

> just wish things started faster
You mean just like on Android phone that is not flagship and iPhone before a new model is released?

Satya Nutella

Yes, but tbqh I'd say that similarly priced Androids were just as fast or faster than WP.

Office is dope.

Stockholm syndrome at its purest.
(Not saying LibreOffice is better, though.)

He sat on ya nutella.

Office is just okay, but it's a monopoly because Microsoft got to define the document standards in a way that deliberately makes it hard to make things cross-compatible.

reminder that meego died because of WP

That's because Azure and Office 365 are bigger money makers for them than Windows now, and with normal people dropping laptops and desktops for smartphones and tablets Windows will eventually become a niche product.

hey buddy, this is Jow Forums not Jow Forums

CEOs know jack shit about tech, even in the tech industry

He was set up by Balmer though, Microsoft moves slow so much of his earlier work would have been on the roadmap and underway by Balmer.

Meego was already pretty dead. If MS couldn't make WP work, Meego had no hope. Not to say I wasn't fucking livid over the burning platform memo, I loved meego.

Home pcs always have been niche

Nigger.

I can tell you never used it even for a day. I did and here's the main highlight: NATIVE MICROSOFT APPS WORKED LIKE SHIT. The main gimmick was in "live tiles". Native calendar tile lagged days behind the actual date.

All the good apps were from Nokia's Lumia line and Microsoft steadily replaced them with a shitty versions rebranded as Microsoft .

>they don't give a shit about Windows except as a platform for Office
Well, that's the main reason to use Windows in the first place.

W10 is great from a technical perspective though

Meego ran incredibly well on phones that are considered too slow to run Android or WP now. If Nokia had actually replaced Symbian with Meego, it would've been a strong contender for a third platform.

Attached: vanjoki.jpg (660x438, 56K)

Office 2003 is dope*

W10 is considerably more robust compared to 7, but I want a version with
N͟o͟ ͟F͟u͟c͟k͟i͟n͟g͟ ͟S͟p͟y͟w͟a͟r͟e͟.

Not really. Balmer was wedded to the old Microsoft way of thinking. Nadella announced from his first day that he was changing direction and pursuing a cloud-first strategy

The appstore entry wall is too high too scale. MS will come back when they find a way around it or they try their own version of android.

Xbox is making more money for MS than ever before.

>Xbox is making more money for MS than ever before.
The days of halo are way behind us pal

Jobs had a more or less neaty Apple. Tim Cook mades millions, but also has taken awful decisions.

Lisa Su