I can't wait till this piece of shit becomes deprecated so you fucking idiots switch to Linux already...

I can't wait till this piece of shit becomes deprecated so you fucking idiots switch to Linux already. The last good Windows was 2000, fuck you underage faggots.

Attached: gaming.png (300x225, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nope I'm never going to install Linux, I'll just kill myself in 2020.

>implying they will switch to linux
they will just upgrade to windows 10 and continue making shitty threads about their problems on windows

I just don't fucking get it. Win7 is like what a gig of ram on idle to begin with? What the fuck is so bad about Linux?
>inb4 no GAYMES
Grow up.

It's already deprecated...

I plan on just continuing using 7 actually.

spbp

Why do people get so assmad about what OSes other people use and why? Do you not realize the average 1st worlder barely needs a full computer at home any more? Most normies get by with a smart phone and a tablet.. they aren't coding with it or managing a server remotely, they're using it for social media/mobile calendars. A huge portion of home computer owners want them in some part for gaming, when they get off work they want to blow off steam, not come home and "work" on their distraction free super riced arch distro. If that's what they want to do that's their business, it doesn't hurt you any.

This is great. Our priorities are truly wrong.

that's what everyone using XP said...

7 was a better alternative to XP, whereas 10 is not a better alternative to 7.

XP was succeeded by a viable replacement, 7. 7 has no viable replacement. So I will continue using 7 and eventually when I do get a new desktop will dual boot a linux distro and 7.

>so you fucking idiots switch to Linux already.
Ahahahaa, lmao.

>if you don't do things the way "I" do, you must be a child
Why don't you take your own advice?

I'll just keep using W10 LTSB/LTSC, Linux is great for servers but on the desktop sucks dick.

Most of the posters who do get mad are either underaged physically and/or mentally, and can't understand why people would use something different than them. So they endlessly shitpost about how everything is so awful and bad instead of just not giving a fuck about an OS.

then why did so many people put off upgrading to 7?
7 came out in 2009, yet there were still plenty of people using it when it went EOL

Don't get me wrong I don't have a dog in this fight either way, but didn't most of the XP hold overs come from business/corporate accounts that didn't want to spend the time/money upgrading? I remember walking into so many businesses over the years and thinking "Wow they're still running XP?!"

More like "downgrade" to windows 10.

>XP was succeeded by a viable replacement,
This is objectively false on all counts. Enterprises remained on XP, MANY critical systems still use XP because 7 was complete fucking trash. It just wasn't viable AT ALL.
Consumers upgraded because they fell for the marketing. They bought into the "comeback" story after Vista was a failure, turns out all you needed to do was rebrand vista and suddenly consumers eat that shit up like retards.

7 was a decent upgrade but its not like you had to upgrade to it or anything for the longest time.

>7 was a better alternative to XP
Not really.

t. switched in 2012

i'm mainly talking about us, not the average person
normal people don't install or upgrade windows, or very rarely. they get new versions of windows when they buy a new computer every few years

The main benefit from 7 vs XP is proper 64-bit computing, but if you were still running old hardware there was no reason to upgrade.

Not him but I'll give you a chance.

How was it NOT better than XP?

Drivers were a lot better (just like 10 drivers are better than 7)

More than 4 GB of ram (inb4 64-bit XP or just run shitty old hardware).

Obviously security but that's under the hood shit that I I can't really argue.

The UI was just as nice as XP's just a different style. It wasn't all gay and shit like Windows 10.

What did XP have that Windows 7 didn't?.

>The main benefit from 7 vs XP is proper 64-bit computing,
True.

You need to be 18 to post here

Linux is dogshit and it will never ever be good, get over it.

derp

Attached: BLEH.jpg (718x718, 125K)

>The UI was just as nice as XP's just a different style. It wasn't all gay and shit
Imagine thinking aero was anything but full on disgusting homosexual design.

7 had higher hardware requirements.
I'll admit Aero looks nice, but a lot of the hardware advantages could have been backported if they weren't trying to sell the next OS. The main reason I had to upgrade was hardware support, which comes from abandoning the older OS. It didn't have any killer features which would have made me want to upgrade.

this

any reasons?

>fuck you underage faggots.
>Implying
Nigga, 1998 was 20 years ago.

Winbabbies will never change, user. At work we just fired someone this week because he was the last windows user left and refused to switch to anything else. We're a pure linux shop now.

Attached: 902.jpg (600x484, 31K)

>I'll admit Aero looks nice
Absolutely not nicer than XP - a full on downgrade visually speaking and the start of a whole lot of inconsistencies due to the higher hardware requirements that were completely fucking useless.
Vista/7 was a HUGE mistake, its popularity really only cemented this fact. Now we have hardcore 7 fanboys constantly shitting up the bed to make matters worse.

Lol never. I will use Windows 7. Linex is trash in comparison.

I just don't fucking get it. Arch Linux is like fucking broken on idle to begin with? What the fuck is so bad about Windows?
>inb4 no package manager
Grow up.

To clarify, it had higher requirements, while not being particularly faster. Sure, it had TRIM support, but if you install XP onto an SSD it would blow all of the later OSes out of the water.

At least you can disable aero and desktop composition in Windows 7, another feature that MS removed from later versions.

>Win7 is like what a gig of ram on idle to begin with
No.

Attached: 7x64sp1ultimate.png (412x459, 42K)

bloat, and arch sucks

>Absolutely not nicer than XP

As far as UI's go yeah it does look nicer. It is fancier. See through Windows are OBJECTIVELY more impressive than non-see through.

>start of a whole lot of inconsistencies due to the higher hardware requirements that were completely fucking useless.

Hardware requirements were better. Windows XP pcs were slow enough and at a point where bloatware pre-shipped on pcs as well as viruses hijacking motherfuckers through browsers was a fucking CRISIS. Those things had to be sanitized before they were halfway functional.

Yes exactly what I meant. The higher requirements were pretty much exclusively for visual matters and the visual matters weren't mindblowing. This forced a lot of people to buy new hardware completely unnecessarily instead of the market working 'naturally' and people upgrading because they wanted to.
It also entrenched IE's dominance, and the web industry is STILL dealing with the consequences after all these years.

I'm flabbergasted anyone would praise 7. XP is the one where all praise should be granted, vista rebranded is a huge NO.

They'll just move onto windows 8.1 and wine will be viable for out of the box gaming before that happens.

>namefag
discarded

>Windows
900x more Software than Loonix.
Everything is a one-click install and super easy to use.
Maybe i don't want to customize every single fucking thing in my system because i'm not autistic, i'd rather have a working system to do whatever i want.
Maybe i don't want to spend all fucking day trying to get something working on my system when it's a click away.
Lincucks are the worst.

>but if you install XP onto an SSD it would blow all of the later OSes out of the water.

Easy to say now. SSD's weren't out when XP was getting old. "installing an SSD to make XP faster" wasn't an option.

(You) = BTFO

No they were not. Pointing at how XP PCs were slow because of viruses and bloatware doesn't justify higher hardware requirements, how absolutely stupid are you? Higher hardware requirements would just mean more bloatware to shove in.
Aero is hideous, can't believe people still love that bubbly glassy shit. It's awful.

Imagine how hurt will OP be when everyone continue using best windows os after ms drops support.

So while later versions of Windows introduced good stuff,(mostly hardware support) it also got exponentially more bloated. If XP was "magically" still supported by hardware manufacturers and getting security fixes, it would easily be the saner choice.

>900x more Software than Loonix.
okay
>Everything is a one-click install and super easy to use.
.deb is like Windows .exe
>Maybe i don't want to customize every single fucking thing in my system because i'm not autistic, i'd rather have a working system to do whatever i want.
Do you think every Linux distro is Gentoo or Arch? Ubuntu and Debian have like 10 minute installs where you just set name, password, and timezone.
>Maybe i don't want to spend all fucking day trying to get something working on my system when it's a click away.
Ubuntu or Debian.

>Maybe i don't want to customize every single fucking thing in my system because i'm not autistic, i'd rather have a working system to do whatever i want.
But I want both, why can't lincucks or wincucks make a good OS that both werks and is customizable?

>that's what everyone using XP said...
Yeah they said in vista times because nvidia failed to deliver stable vista driver and most hardware wasn't compatible at all. Everyone who said that after win7 sp1 came out actually continue using XP even now.

>I can't wait till this piece of shit becomes deprecated so you fucking idiots switch to Linux already
This but unironically.

the fact that grown oldtimers play fucking games made for kids and teens
for fucks sake, i'm 19 and i've grown out of it
i can't comprehend how anyone can be gamer while being 20+

>Higher hardware requirements would just mean more bloatware to shove in.

Format the motherfucker

>inb4 I'm a pleb and don't know how

Then I see the issue. You're just not that good with computers and got 0wn3d by Microsoft and pc manufacturers making a profit.

Same shit happens to people who don't know cars, they get raped by mechanics. Complain all you want.

The main benefit from 7 vs XP is not being full of security holes and getting your machine infected with chinese malware in 30 seconds after connecting modem. And also scaling is shit on any windows be it XP or 10 but 7's ui is more suited for modern displays (though it's a bit too tiny for 1080p).

You faggots won't switch to Linux. Most of you will switch to Windows 8.1 and start endlessly praising it for having less bloat. Then you faggots will switch to 10 when 8.1 support expires in 2025. Get rekt, losers.

Low level scrub here. The lowest I've gotten W7 down to is ~500MB on idle, how the heck did you manage to pull this off?

Let me give an example of efficiency.
I have a shitty single core Atom netbook, 1.6Ghz CPU, 1 GB RAM.
It came with Windows 7 Starter. It struggled with basic tasks even with the classic theme sometimes.
I installed XP next to it, which ran "fine", but it's an older OS, so that's natural.
I also installed a Lunix distro, with the MATE desktop, switching the WM to compiz. The shitty low-spec netbook was secure, up to date and completely usable while having wobbly windows, transparency and other fancy effects enabled, and it didn't use more than ~300MB of memory.
This is why Windows is bloated.

kek. THIS IS A REAL ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I remember when ABSOLUTELY MUST have been disconnected while installing XP or the blaster worm would hit you a couple minutes after install. That was bad shit.

>upgrade to 8.1
is 2023 the year of the loonix?

That would be the fucking day, the closest i've gotten to calling a distro great and organized was when i tried Manjaro for about a week, (mostly) everything works, software isn't bleeding edge bullshit and updates don't break your system, AUR repository works more often than not, leaving you with a great slection of software, avarage users can install and use it with no effort basically since everything is graphical. Everything else i would honestly consider unusable, specially systems like Arch for example.

lovely quints. I saw them coming and even though your post was OK it wasn't as impressive as your post number.

That's what they also said about XP. And time is on my side. Stay mad for eternity.

Attached: 1469046580208.png (1296x2048, 1.8M)

The only place I might ever install you is a VM, so you can't touch anything sensitive.

kek win7fags truly are the XPfags all over again
they really don't learn anything from history

7 had 64-bit computing. What does 10 have? Corrupted installs and intrusive updates?

the more you reply the more you just prove my point

Windows 8 is the replacement, its a superior OS to XP and 7.

> you fucking idiots switch to Linux already
Keep dreaming, freetard.

Follow the "Safe" column
blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/
Note there are multiple pages.
Also disable these.

Attached: Untitled.png (751x627, 47K)

Ok, see you in 5 years TOPS with your windows 7.

God it feels so good to be part of windows 10 masterrace and not an obsoleted retard or a loonixtard.

>What did XP have that Windows 7 didn't?.
Native IPX support but that's not what normies care about.
Also because it was simpler and had less overhead input felt more snappy, tablet owners who played Osu! used to stick with XP for a long time.
And memory management sucks in NT 6+ for some obscure reason which was a huge problem before ram became cheap enough for everyone to have 16 GB installed.
That's about it.
8.1 is as bad as 10, you must be mentally challenged to switch to it from 7.
>Everything is a one-click install and super easy to use.
It's the opposite actually. And nobody forces you into ricing and if anything, ricers would rice bsd or windows if linux wasn't there.
Last year when another SMB vulnerability was discovered XP got an update too. Isn't it still supported? I know official support has ended, but MS can't ignore it and lose enterprise customers.
He's a different person kek
But he has a point. Win7 runs better than 10 on ryzen (sic!) and the gap never gets closer with 10's updates and it will only get worse. Why in the world would I want to downgrade to 10?
Actually, win7 has crappy font rendering and practically nonexistent scaling, but guess what? Win10 has shitty scaling and if I switch it will be user friendly linux distro and win7 in vm with gpu passthrough for muh games. Actually it's not so far-off, I might switch as soon as open source osu client releases. But downgrading to 10? No thank you.

Kek it doesn't even have drivers for most laptops. God even mint works like a charm on most laptops and 10 doesn't.

But W10 LTSB has support until 2026, 2028 if you install the next LTSC.

I call bullshit. I have an Acer Aspire One with 1GHz AMD-C50 that ran like total dogshit on Lubuntu. I also had around 300MB of RAM usage on idle. That didn't make it perform basic functions better. If anything, it was still crippled. Stop acting like the installation of an OS is the only solution to such a shit

Why not to use Linux:
>Microsoft Office
>Games aren't ported to Linux
>Linux doesn't have Photoshop
Why to use Linux:
>LibreOffice exists
>Wine exists and there are like 1000 games on steam ported to Linux including everything by Valve
>Alternatives exist and you can probably run it with Wine anyway
>Privacy
>Control
>No forced updates
>No forced installations
>No forced re-installations
>Lighter
>You can uninstall shit you don't want (Looking at you, Microsoft Edge)
>I'll let my fellow Linux users continue this list

Nobody cares what a mint is

>i will just go full loonix just to avoid 10
yeah right whatever helps you sleep at night

>becoming deprecated means it will stop working
Nigger, I'm using a fresh install of Win 7 SP1 with zero updates and updates turned off. It works perfectly. Good luck finding a linux distro with a working compositor ootb. Face it, linux is for virgins who want to feel like special snowflakes because they were ignored by girls growing up.

>Isn't it still supported?
Without hardware and 3rd party software support, it's sort of moot.

>Lubuntu
You realize compiz is hardware accelerated?

Unfortunately true, so many competitions to create the hottest pepper, but no one tries to make the coolest mint!

>It's the opposite actually.
No it's not, you know it's not.
Linux will start getting the attention it deserves once the community stops being so autistic and entitled.

>It works perfectly
Windows XP also "werks" perfectly
Same with Windows 98
And Windows 95

there is no shortage of gullible sheep that dont care and will run whatever OS comes on their desktop or laptop which will be windows,

besides that, the mobile market smartphones and tablets and put the desktop & laptop on a back burner, nowadays the only people buying desktops and laptops are geeks and professionals that require them, everyone else just uses a smartphone and/or tablet,

as for me, i am ubergeeky, i own two laptops, a desktop, a two smartphones and a tablet, and a raspberry pi for experimentation until some decent arm systems make it to market

and yet ganoo/shit doesn't
lmao

I know it is because I prefer loonix over windows for work. Dealing with windows is a pain. Though I have to deal with it anyway because of windows clients.

REKT

>fresh install of Win 7 SP1 with zero updates and updates turned off. It works perfectly

Attached: 1525537925019.png (1319x648, 17K)

Based and redpilled.

Attached: 1527875627186.jpg (750x734, 159K)

>people should care if someone with a Jow Forums folder in the current year doesn't believe them

GNU/cucks btfo

>will run whatever OS comes on their desktop or laptop which will be windows
Best windows-tan always wins in the end.

Attached: best tan.png (980x909, 626K)

>Same with Windows 98
You know, if any decent browser and hardware supported it, it would be completely fine.
Hell, I'm still using Winamp, and it already worked perfect on Windows 95 machines.

>tfw no other software will achieve the level of justwerkness that winamp did
This thing should be preserved and put in a museum.

>>Games aren't ported to Linux
Civilization V
Civilization VI
Borderlands 2
Bioshock Infinite
Half Life 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
and many others run natively on Linux.