Why there are so many megacorp shills who defend monopolistic practices?

Why there are so many megacorp shills who defend monopolistic practices?

Attached: google.jpg (1198x674, 59K)

megacorps can afford them

cause Jow Forums tards are easy to troll

i don't understand this either. i see plenty of spineless bootlickers on our internal forums, and that makes sense. even normie bugmen defending and loving google products is normal.

but i expected more from this place.

lolbertarians were a mistake. You might think they'd realise "hey, maybe this ideology isn't about my freedom after all" after the 1000th hour spent arguing that all restraints should be lifted from soulless megacorps.

The short answer is that we vastly underestimate the power of marketing.

We like to promote ourselves are critical thinkers and above cheap tricks, but we're not. Corporations are always a step ahead with absurd amounts of consumer data and research.

changing our entire social structure to sink megacorps might be a tad far, my communist friend.

the truth is that we all have voting power over the situation. no, i don't mean the elections. we vote with our wallet any time we make a purchase. this money is what gives power to the corporations.

i didn't have that power where i grew up, and some party official would set prices and make production plans and purchasing decisions. all while stealing on the side giving rise to an underground economy. our society was collectively much poorer as a result. look up Yeltsin tearing up at a random grocery store in the US. the poor fool thought it was a setup to impress him.

so instead of taking away our ability to vote because we are voting suboptimally, the real way out is to become more educated consumers instead. it is happening slowly, and we are up against corporate marketing, but i think it's possible.

additionally, for software specifically there is open source. it's not consumer-friendly, but it can drastically reduce barriers to entry for competitors to megacorps. the existing network effects become a bigger issue than some esoteric tech.

Megacorps are behind the most popular brand names. The mindless hoards see and integrate these brand names into their world view: "that's the best brand for the category of product", they would think (if they could think). Attacks on those brands are seen as personal attacks on their world view. Humans resist attacks on their world view because it means that either they have been wrong this whole time, which means they have some big problem that they will have to put effort into identifying and fixing, or it just means that someone is trying to play a trick on them, which should be obviously resisted.
I think that's it.

Google have made our lives easier. Deal with it.

with the gradual weakening of the catholic church, normalfags have found a substitute in reckless corporation worship - with the occasional side dish of celebrity idols

politics is the new religion

shut up pedo

Attached: 1520433013901.jpg (1200x800, 61K)

Your religion is garbage. Your god does not exist.

With that being said. US is also garbage.

nah, politics was always there, and in many ways is different from religion even if they often mingle together
the biggest difference is that most people view politics as necessary evil, while with religion the brain goes on autopilot and pure idealism takes over

t. heretic

Attached: 8BAB1717-2435-4FB3-88ED-FFE6830B0C87.jpg (1024x500, 91K)

huff post: preserving the traditional values of white people telling blacks what to do

>Your religion is garbage. Your god does not exist.
I'm an atheist
I'm just pointing out that most people have an urge to believe and worship, and they are going to fulfill it one way or another

ah, misinterpreted as a christfag, my bad.

the freer the market, the freer the people

very tolerant of you

I think its kind of funny OP uses Google logo in pic when all the corporate shill threads are always MS and Apple. The MS threads always try to shoot down Linux and the Apple threads are "ur too poor". MS has a captive userbase of idiots, I dont waste my time trying to challenge MS because their userbase deserves a dick up their asses. People who use Apple are brain dead millennial girls trying to score gucci bag status.

Kekd

stockholm syndrome

Protip, those aren’t libertarians.
Corporations don’t legally exist in an actually free market, businesses would have absolutely zero liability protections.

Government backed and interest
People are so indoctrinated that they rather fight those who oppose than oppress.
It's everywhere you look and we're a globe of mongolods.

>we vote with our wallet any time we make a purchase
It's amazing to read this as a defense of monopolies.

The whole point of a monopoly is that they make this impossible, and yet even technically savvy people just don't understand.

But they'll wax on about their libertarian fantasy anyway.

agreed

Attached: CatholicLevels.png (1154x3699, 935K)

Productivity growth is the only thing that matters. Google is one of the highest productivity companies. Slowing them down is halting the progress and retarding the growth. Luddites go kill yourselves.

because the pay is just too good

Attached: 1509955715004.png (664x735, 78K)

Because corperatists have a vested selfish interest in keeping the infrastructure going, and bootlickers have the slim hope of getting promoted to senior bootlicker if they lick enough shit off the masters boot.

All under the hilarious guise of psuedo-individualism, hypocritical and incorrect noise about free markets, and a general legitimate delusional belief of "you made this? ...I made this."

There is no bigger delusional, self-involved, narcissistic lie than modern day corperatism and its selfish, childish, naive yesmen followers.

>b-b-but ya communizm?

Lmao not a commi. Just someone who's tired of the real lazy leeches who present themselves as hard workers, while poisoning the environment and those around them.

Wrap your non-existent bootstraps around your neck and die.

Usually only americans defend abusive behaviour by mega-corporations.

It's how they were brought up, to think everything a big business does is ok, as a consumer you have no rights and the government is only there to protect corporations' interests.

Pic related pretty much defines this attitude.

Attached: 1527298489744.jpg (450x450, 28K)

They genuinely believe that what's good for big business is good for them.

There's an interesting phenomenon in the US. People identify more with the class that they'd like to be in, than the class that they actually are.
So you get middle class people protesting higher taxes for the ultra wealthy, because they think what an extra 10% would do to them. In reality, the ultra wealthy could live a very lavish life on just 5% of their income.

It's the mindset of "There are no poor people in the US, just temporarily embarrassed millionaires."

This mindset has been pushed on the public for decades and decades, and really kicked into motion in the 1980's with shit like "trickle down economics" being sold to the public, and selling the idea that the reason America was so successful in the 1950s/60s was because of conservative politics and policies, not the fact that we were the only nation with a functioning industrial base.

I even see this with my mother and try to correct it. She was a highly paid office manager, lost her job during the recession, and it really screwed with her identity and she wasn't mentally able to find another similar job. Now almost 10 years later, she's been doing home care for $10/hr, but doesn't support policies that would benefit people like her because "it's not fair to the business owners". Bull shit, Jeff Bezos literally can't come up with ways to spend his money, and here you are slaving away struggling to make ends meet.

tl;dr: We're taught it's shameful to be in the "working class", so we identify with the .1% and want to choose things that make sense for the .1%

because i want to work for them

if people bought rationally/ethically, the monopolies wouldnt even be created.
people arent rational.

>liability
caveat emptor

the original post, my post, and the post i responded to were talking about "megacorps", not monopolies.

sure, they're all trying to become monopolies, but the EU has been doing god's work trying to prevent that. which i support, despite working for goolag.

i think something like pic related is a much worse situation than what we have in tech. at least in tech, we have open source, and an easier time switching vendors. unless you got oracle or something.

Attached: brands.jpg (2400x1507, 795K)

Europoors think Google is a monopoly

Chines state megacorps will take over everything in a decade

We are only opposing the communism here. If they take away your money from your bank because you are rich, we will support you too. Unless you dont want us to.

Because, quite frankly, it's the lesser of the two evils: them, and FOSS.

Because what looks like monopolistic practice from the outside is just engineers trying to make the best product on the inside.

>Make good OS
>Open source it
>License it for free
>Try to reduce fragmentation
>Get hit with antitrust judgement
>If they didn't open source it, charged for licensing or didn't try to reduce fragmentation, it literally would not have counted

youre equivocating
>open source
>free licence
less than nothing to do with it.
this is entirely about secret code, with zero cost, but extremely obnoxious licence terms
this is googles prerogative to do so, however, the terms had previously been attractive - maliciously so - with the intent to make that secret code ESSENTIAL to manufacturers before slamming the trap shut and requiring more restrictions.
in addition, they have maliciouly migrated many former open source components of android to proprietary licences, once again trappings manufacturers into googles ecosystem and licenses.

this is the equivalent of the carnival shysters that would in the past let you see an "attraction" for a penny, but wouldn't let you out until you paid a pound.

>in for a penny, out for a pound

Attached: 1520673521658.gif (512x512, 425K)

Jews.

"...most men and women will grow up to love their servitude and will never dream of revolution.”

-Aldous Huxley

>megacoeporations holding billions of wealth, lobbying power and army of lawyers to solidify their strangle-hold of power
>can be easily done away by convincing billions of people using a necessary service to simply stop using the only monopoly in charge of it
Lolberterians at their finest.

Embrace the botnet you fucking faggots

>tfw this is how an empty shell of a human thinks

Attached: ted.jpg (612x406, 39K)

it was just first picture I had

The reason is they are already too big and they are killing all the competition. If they something becomes too interesting they just buy it out.

Poor Americans consider themselves as temporarily embarrassed billionaires.

Because Google did a lot of good for the world, and even though they did evil things as well, the good outweighs the evil.

so stop giving them money. really not that hard

i believe companies should be allowed to succeed

Google makes around 100 bucks per user per year. It comes from search ad sales mostly. How android makes money is that it drives traffic to the search. It's the only reason android exists.
Google could start charging fee for licensing android to cover the cost of giving up the search traffic business but no doubt that would drive EU even more mad since every phone would probably cost 100 bucks more. It would decimate the low end market.
For what it looks to me is that EU wants the is to be given away for no profit.

See this img:
And now tell me it's easy to boycott P&G.
Also
>implying an individual makes any difference

Attached: 20180717_225053.jpg (750x594, 63K)

fair criticism but the only individual you can control is yourself. back to your original image I have personally quit using AT&T and Verizon for a variety of reasons over the years. don't really use Google for anything besides YouTube. Not every person supports or hate big business or even necessarily thinks about them at all. Sometimes it's just the illusion of choice, but it is still a voluntary interaction

Attached: 1460504859123.png (573x734, 514K)

Well golly gee, I wonder.

Attached: 1432606718063-1.jpg (530x570, 59K)

How is FOSS evil at all? Here's your first and hopefully last (You).

They are literally an ad company. I can see the world with an alternative and so could you.

kys dumb commie

Attached: 1524151661217.png (607x561, 40K)

This sums it up.