Have something in your computer ever exploded/started to burn?

Have something in your computer ever exploded/started to burn?

Attached: 1492440932836.jpg (250x236, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sRo-1VFMcbc
youtube.com/watch?v=WAbl0fLY06U
youtube.com/watch?v=YkyhvCdJ_vM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sounds like it takes a plethora of shitty engineering for that to happen

:^)

youtube.com/watch?v=sRo-1VFMcbc
youtube.com/watch?v=WAbl0fLY06U

Attached: 1435773105662.jpg (600x450, 26K)

No, but my NVIDIA GPU had a meltdown...

I plugged in a GPU once while the PSU was switched ON, though the PC was shut down. Sparks came out :^) Nothing was broken though.

My power supply, I got one for seven dollars and when I plugged it in it fucking blew up.

Tried plugging in a very old PC from my closet and it gave a puff of smoke.
Looked more closely and noticed a 110/230V switch in the wrong position.
No damages except the PSU, but couldn't bother with 10-years-old components so just threw the whole thing away.

psu capacitor, it was LOUD

user, did your fleshlight melt and ignite after hiding it from mommy in your pc?

This happened to a guy I know

Attached: 1.jpg (3264x2448, 2.47M)

Had a nvidia kepler GPU overheat so bad that my screen pixelated with a spectrum of colors.
Fuck nvidias proprietary drivers.

ati all-in-wonder radeon 9800

burned at the connecting molex pins at the upper right. well one pin and the plastic around it was black.

Attached: d94db5d56e26aa520f1842a22056c09c-1200x900.jpg (1200x900, 182K)

Don't remember the specifics due to other factors, but in like 2006 a transistor in the power supply fucking exploded, and took other components with it. Sent shrapnel flying inside the case.

Once one resistance of the power supply started to burn, lots of smoke but after unplugging the computer it stopped.

The case stink for a couple of weeks and the power supply was completely wrecked and had to be replaced, the rest of the components are working fine.

Attached: nvidia.webm (1280x720, 1.46M)

did you wire that as an esp 12v connector instead of pci-e power connector, or is that some factory defect?

I plugged a gtx 970 in to a powered-on machine for reasons. There were sparks and the 970 died. It was out of warranty too.
Stupid woman

I once turned on my PSU and sparks came out of it, thankfully only the PSU died.

Attached: nvidia_releases_their_first_car.webm (1280x720, 1.62M)

I had a bad power extension cable fry my SSD. There was a spark and moke.

I blew my PSU up by playing with the input voltage switch.

Wasn't me, don't know. Just thought it was appropriate.

My friend had three 970s with brunt VRMs. Technically my first computer did, but that was before I got it (it was a gift).

Other than that, maybe a bad cap or two on the infamous motherboards from more than a decade ago.

Motherboard capacitors popped.
Happened a few weeks apart, I think 3 or 4 of them popped before I replaced the board.
It continued to work the whole time.
Was pretty loud each time, sounded like a gunshot but not that loud.

At least I didn't break the GPU :^)

had a radeon hd4850 and its fan stopped working in the middle of gaming, heatsink was super hot to touch.

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=YkyhvCdJ_vM

>nigger shit
kys

i have had 2 psu's blow out on me, 2 r9 290's litterally starting to burn (cuz mining n shit)
i fried the northbridge on my first super micro x8dlt-3f.
oh and i have gone through almost 20 gigs of ecc memory cuz they just died

Surprisingly the ssd was fine once I scraped the burnt plastic away from the contacts.

Attached: 20171105_090830~01.jpg (1440x1920, 452K)

>plug dvi cable into monitor
>pull cable behind pc to plug it in
>dvi cable connector touches psu
>sparks shoot out
>burns my wrist
>smoke starts coming out of psu
>start crying and panicking
>take everything apart
>remove psu
>makes rattly noises when I shake it
>still have no idea how this happened other than it was a faulty ground

Attached: 1525833872227.png (460x460, 429K)

I had 2 nvidia 750mb gpu I was running in sli back in the day, and both when the fans died had mosfets that exploded and caught fire.

shit, how did it happened tho?

SATA power connectors are fucking cursed. Never had any set on fire myself but have had two friends had them burning, and all my fire damaged computers i have seen in my old work was due to SATA power connectors and SATA power adapters or splitters.