Arume Classic: Fantasy Edition

Arume Classic: Fantasy Edition

The Arume have invaded Jow Forums - AGAIN - in a medieval D&D setting.
With little left of the resistance, you have been asked to join the small task force to raid an Arume camp of interest to the South.
Your wooded shack of an outpost lies in a dense forest just South of the now Arume occupied city concealed by vegetation.
To the South: The camp of interest. Scouts have said that this camp houses their prized magical weaponry.
To the East: Goblin Caves.
To the West: The Lake.
Inventory stored in the outpost: 2 Hunting Knives, 2 Crossbows, A Long Bow, Plenty of Arrows, A Katana, A Deck of Cards, A Scroll of Invisibility, A Lute, A Keg of Beer and Mugs, and A Funny Hat.

All "skill checks" made with last digit of your post 0-9. Dubs/Digits are crits.

Attached: smol1.png (800x1112, 1.63M)

i roll a knight class and take a hunting knife

The forest's ambience sneaks through the decrepit wooden planks that sustain the outpost.
A fog creeps along the cool, sodden ground.
The warmth of the sun teases the forest flitting from one place to another by command of the swaying boughs.

You are located at 14:12.

Attached: map.png (616x535, 117K)

start moving south to 14;17
camp

You leave the outpost and head south. The forest grows even thicker as you continue. After a few hours you notice two hulking figures hunched over the corpse of something. You hear the gnashing of teeth and satisfied yips from these two. They wear leather scraps and have beast like faces. Gnolls. They seem preoccupied and have not noticed you yet.

scout out and get as much info before attempting to ambush them

>1
You manage to sneak close enough to see one has a bow shouldered and the other has a club within arms reach. Their meal seems to be a humanoid in fine clothing. However, you stumble through the bramble. The one with the bow lifts its head and sniffs the air. It readies it's bow and notches an arrow. The gnoll's head whips around looking for your scent.

ROLL AND STAB

You roll into stabbing range out of the bramble.
In a rush of leaves and shadow, you plant the hunting knife in the back of the gnoll with the bow.
It looses a terrible howl that rattles your marrow as it falls to it's knees.
The gnoll beside it takes notice and reaches for it's club with a hearty snarl.

prepare to dodge

>5 vs 2
You deftly sidestep and the club crashes upon the ground sending loose dirt flying.
You stand flanking the gnoll's outstretched arm... An opening.
The other gnoll coughs into a pool of it's own blood now on all fours.

attack the club wielding one before anything else can happen

You plant the hunting knife into its shoulder.
It drops the club in a howl and falls to its knees clutching the wound.
A breeze settles in this clearing. You stand over the two gnolls that gasp for life.
At the base of the tree lies the mangled body of an Arume in fine clothing that has been torn by razor-like teeth. A broken branch and a sleeping pack lay to the side of her. You gaze up into the tree and can see the branch that was broken. Perhaps she was sleeping there?

look around for other arume and take all suplies i can

You finish off the gnolls with a swift swipe of your blade at their necks.
From the gnolls you carry: A bow, 5 arrows, a club, 20 ft of rope, and some leather scraps.
From the Arume you carry: A red gemstone, a short sword, and a silvered flower pendant.

You remain on guard as you continue down south. At 14:15 you come to a clearing with three Arume. Two wear full leather armor and the third wears a white flowing cloth robe.
One in leather seems to be inspecting the forest floor. The other in leather calls a name into the woods, "Adea!" The third in the robe follows silently behind.

Attached: 1467295573515.jpg (600x935, 88K)

as i am a knight i challenge them to honorable combat.

You walk into the clearing and square up to the trio with an honorably and humble stature worthy of a knight, but you had stayed silent in words.
>1
The two in leather take note of your bloodied armor and knife. They raise their swords at you. One yells in a stern voice, "Halt, heathen. One step closer to our mistress and your head comes off."
A wicked grin grows on the face of the robed Arume. She walks past the two closer to you about 20ft from where you stand.
"Ah, a survivor? Not many of your kind are left. Your city has already fallen. I shall give you an honorable death. Now, be crushed by the new order!"
Her staff flashes, erupting forth a spark of flame hurling for you.

attempt a dodge and throw my knife

>3 vs. 5
You are struck by the flame and it ignites your clothes. The flames lash at your skin.
You do manage to throw your knife, it sticks fast in the shin of the Arume mage.
Visible pain pours from her face that launches into anger, "You, scum! I'll burn you for this!"
She waves her staff in a circular motion and a ring of fire appears in a 5ft radius around you.
Her company attempts to approach to aid her, but she glances backward and raises a hand motioning for them to stop.

rush her with my fists screaming
>MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA

You jump through the ring of fire, wincing - trying to brush off the pain of the heat.
You appear through the smoldering embers toe to toe with the mage.
Surprised at your boldness, she haphazardly holds up her staff to block your knightly MUDAs.
(Her roll on this post will have to beat your 2 and will get -1 for surprise).

>0
Your fists strike true into the young mage as MUDAs resonate and intensify throughout the forest.

You throw a fierce final blow into her rib cage. She falls to her one good knees in a spat of blood. "How... Can this be... Either you're more than you appear or just plain stupid." She breathes a painful gasp.

The forest behind you remains alight in fire. The duo accompanying her now both wear worrisome faces and draw their weapons once more. Your wounds are heavy from the burns. What will you do?

>HUMAN KNIGHTS WILL NEVER BEND KNEE TO YOU VERMIN SURRENDER AND I WILL SHOW MERCY
demand their surrender and try not to show how weary and burnt i am

You manage a strong and unwavering voice as you valiantly lift your fist in triumph. The remaining to Arume look to you with awe and fright in their eyes.
>1
Suddenly, pain of the burns overcomes you. You stagger. They see an opening. One of the remaining Arume rushes you with the pommel of her sword to try and knock you out. The other rushes to tend to the wounds of the mage.

try to overwhelm her with a rush of punches

>dubs
With the last strength you can muster you fight the pain and release another flurry of MUDAs. The pommel of her sword falls short as your mighty knight fists connect.

Boughs from the trees fall to the ground around you in a burst of flame. The red glow from the flame as vicious as your heart.
The Arume that rushed you is at your feet knocked cold.
You look up and see the final Arume dragging the fallen mage further south. Perhaps they are just about 50ft away from where you stand.

grab her sword and attempt a pursuit. they must not be able to get away, at least immediatley

You catch pace with them quickly. The embers of the burning trees tail you.
>1
The Arume dragging the mage takes notice of you. She props the unconscious mage against a tree and throws herself in front of her.
"Stay back," She draws her sword. "You'll not lay another hand on her!"

try to persuade her on your honor as a Knight that you will not harm her further should she accept capture and surrender quietly. Try to explain you could've ambushed them but refused to do so

>7
The flashing of the fire silhouettes you. You strike a menacing pose. Your words ring true to the Arume.
She looks to the mage. Her breath laborious and faltering.
She looks back to you and throws her sword in the ground. "Very well... On you honor then, sir knight..." She grinds her teeth, "I surrender."

strip them of their weapons and staves, tie them to a tree with the ropes and then take a nap. the wounds were too much to handle

You move a good ways away from the forest fire and tie them up quickly to a tree. Two of them unconscious and the other willing. Your sleep is troubled and filled with dreams of plains filled with a thousand blades, but with no men to wield them.

You awake, rested and feeling somewhat better from the burns, but to a fuss by the two leather armored Arume. "Hey, knight!" They motion to the mage bound in the middle,
"You have to help her - she won't last much longer like this!"
Sure enough, the hunting knife still lay in her shin and the ground is pooled with blood beneath where she lay.

Attached: 6.jpg (751x1063, 96K)

shit i forgot to fix that. Ask them if they know any first aid and shit

One pipes up with, "There are a few bandages in my pack." She motions to the pile of the items you confiscated. "I'd be happy to apply them, but you know..." She wiggles her arms in the tightness of the binds.

release her and have her treat the mage immedietly

She slips out of the binds. She cautiously moves to collect the bandages under your eye.
Clearly uncomfortable with the current situation, she moves haphazardly and with strange locomotion.
She kneels down to remove the treat the wound.
She speaks while she works, "You know, most of your kin had been ordered to kill on sight... Many of my comrades were slain while surrendering. Perhaps, you are different?"

butcher and enslave us and that is what happens. they know they are powerless to overthrow you and they take it out on the foot soldiers of your empire. you should not be surprise for this. yet I am a knight and even if i have no arms or armor of the station, i still have my honor. i will not kill the helpless

She rises, holding the bloodied hunting knife.
She tosses it at your feet. It wedges into the dirt.
She wipes the blood off her hands with excess bandages, "I suppose that is the life we have chosen for ourselves. It'd be nice to sit at the gold lined tables of our commanders instead of out here risking it all."
She breathes a heavy sigh.
"So, sir knight. What are you going to do now?"

leave you to report whatever. Im taking your weapons and moving on.

She seems surprised and remains that way for some time. She's trying to piece together what you had just said.
"Interesting choice, knight. Then, We will be heading back to camp... I will tell them of the chivalrous rogue knight of these woods or perhaps... Will I?"
You watch them as they go. The duo carrying the mage on their backs.

You take a look to the sky as splotches of yellow and red of the sunset take hold.
Alone in the woods, you and your armor stand a stark contrast.
The knight gains 500XP for the day and advances to level 2.

That's it for me today. Thanks for playing along. I had fun. Until next time.

Attached: 1471560674596.jpg (2048x948, 1.49M)

hope you make more. surprise i was the only one here tonight