How will we get our payback on Yurocucks for illegally and unjustifiably penalizing our tech companies?

How will we get our payback on Yurocucks for illegally and unjustifiably penalizing our tech companies?

Attached: trump.png (575x340, 41K)

>Taking google's side

Kill yourself retard

Nuke the country of Europe.

google doesn't even want his support lol

By fining google $15 billion. That'll teach those europoors

Told not to do a thing
Do the thing
Surprised when they get fined

die communist

>getting fines 5b for software Google gives away for free
Europe is truly hopeless

use your god given gunz faggot

this
>Waaaah we can't use Google Play Services without agreeing to use Google Services!
It's like complaining that you can't use the MS Core Fonts or DirectX DLLs on WINE without agreeing to Microsoft's EULA.
If the EU were actually serious about independence from American tech giants, they are totally free to fund their own tech startups just like China did with Baidu etc., and totally without Google services.

But wait, I forgot that the EU can't innovate anywhere outside of the courtroom.

>Google gives away for free
>free
>the state of US intellectuals

Pic very fucking related

Attached: 1531960640300.jpg (542x524, 56K)

Being this retarded

Google should be sued to death.

and it's not like Google is forcing manufacturers to use Android

fuck yurop!

Fuck that's funny. Do more do more pls user

Dear European Union;

Please be aware that we are a US based company. We run out of the US. We are under US law, US jurisdiction. You have overstepped you authority by trying to fine us. You are invited to suck on a rock. Oh, and we're spying on you even more now.

Love and kisses, Google inc.

Both sides are terrible monstrosities trying to take over the world.
I hope they kill each other.

it was mostly us companies who were suing google in the first place

lel go be retarded somewhere else
like youtube comments

Burgerland stronk? But in reality, Google will have to pay.

>yuros in charge of literally anything ever

Attached: 1458750354018.jpg (540x700, 60K)

sage
>literary defending Jewgle
Imagine if this wasn't ironic bait and actually a person being unironic.
Those people exist you know. What a scary though.

Attached: 1519804902892.jpg (600x900, 80K)

Google is getting fined because part of the license to use play services prevents manufacturers from shipping devices without google.

So Europe can give orders to outside of Europe? If so, then Europe rules the world. Do you see the flaw there? Google are scumbags, but they're in the right, this time. Fuck the European union.

google is shit co and should be fined out of existence.

EU should start with Facebook next.

That isn’t how it works, when you sell a product in country A even though you’re based out of country B, you have to follow the laws of country A or you can’t sell there.

he doesnt understand that. Give him a break.

>paid companies to not use other variants of Android to choke those versions out of the market

fuck Google, the Yuros didn't take enough

International sanctions regime until they change their criminal ways. Euros need to know whos the boss. Then put them on the state sponsors of terrorism list just for fun

This.
>fines an overseas business 5 billion
>"Gee guys, why isn't there a Silicon Valley anywhere in Europe?"

Did you ever go to school?

I don’t think a single person in this thread is aware of how this case developed; and you all look like a bunch of fucking morons because of it. This is an antitrust lawsuit that stemmed out of Google literally pulling a 2001 MS and forcing vendors to install Google Search app and Google Chrome browser as a corequisite of selling the phone with a signature for GPS. On top of this, google has done its best to tie GPS into every layer of the Android project. Considering the requirements listed above, this means that AOSP is relatively difficult to fork and astronomically difficult to sell commercially; this is of course antitrust when you own the market.

Google, of course, disputes this; because they make little to no money off of Android itself, iirc. it’s selling ads and user data that makes them money, and you know how you generate these goods? Forcing people to use those things.

"zero cost" is not free - which is why the fine exists
see ,

Suck that cock goy, take it.

'Overseas business'
Correct, why would they fine a business whose administrative centre is in ireland?

I have to say, I truly hate the EU for some of the things it has done, but I am really happy with this decision for multiple reasons.

Firstly, it pisses of the greatest enemy of humanity, the USA, secondly it pisses of the second greatest enemy of humanity, mega corporations.

Inb4 "ur a communist", no I am not.

owned that goy

Attached: 1515512117532.png (657x539, 110K)

>fined software company over operating system they poured billions of dollars in to researching and developing over a decade because it uses it's apps primarily

oh look Jow Forums not understanding the fine once again

Don't worry guys.
Everything's gonna be fine.

Attached: carlos.jpg (600x600, 34K)

American education.

Here's a few points for people who think it's only because chrome was preinstalled

They had the whole suite of google apps installed. You also had to have a folder displayed on the first home screen.

If you use google play services you can't make another device that forks android. Amazon wanted this with fire OS but no OEM could work with them because they'd lose Android for their phones

They paid OEMS and Carriers money to bundle some of their shit and make it exclusive

All this after last years 2.4 billion euro fine

You can ship android devices without Google you fucking retard. Plenty of chinkphones do this.

Learn to read dickhead

IF you sell a phone with google services you are not allowed to sell ANY device that forks android

this is why Amazon has to make the fire OS phone, if Samsung, HTC etc made it they lose google play licensing. So they're forced to only sell/make google play certified devices now

wow it's like they're imposing control using their market share

Again not fucking true. Plenty of chink companies sell phones with and without Google.
Goes to show that if you try to do something good you will always get fucked over. They should just have made Android proprietary and bake Google right in, just like Apple.

>except google play isn't available in china

>thinks google is the good guys with android

lol you really are dense

Google has many subsidiaries in Europe, it's a huge market

China is a special case and part of the reason why google doesnt make business decisions based on morals anymore. There is just too much money to be made.

Block 'em.

t. non-EU European

>you can't use the MS Core Fonts or DirectX DLLs on WINE without agreeing to Microsoft's EULA.
But I can?

I want Jow Forums to leave

did you even read the thread?

>art of the license to use play services prevents manufacturers from shipping devices without google.

what a retarded lawsuit, as if those manufactures would be dumb enough to ship without a bunch of google software

Based Juncker needs a new yacht

Yeah but the EU analyzes the EU market and not the Chinese one.

Now that trump sucks Google's dick will Jow Forums start to suck Google's dick too?

>Again not fucking true. Plenty of chink companies sell phones with and without Google.
>plenty

name two w/o mentioning huawei and ill give you a cookie

didn't google pull out of china like a little bitch?

yeah, got taste of their own medicine - anti-competitive practices backed by government - and fucked right off

lol. Didn't they cite some "moral" reason like having to censor search results?

Give up even more of your rights. That seems to be the American solutions to everything, these days.

You're right, we should just block all Google's services and seize all their assets.

Google is a global company that is plotting to kill all humans and they don't comply with the laws of the countries the operate in.
Giving them a fine is an attack on the company, not the country of that company.
Unless he plans to bail out google. He doesn't do that right?

Please tell me this tweet is fake

>illegally and unjustifiably
*legally and justifiably

>Google has a financial incentive to crush startups
>Google crushes startups
>Fucking goys! You are so stupid! Google is the good guy!

>produce OS
>Samsung sells a device using your OS
>get fined for violating the law in Europe because someone else sold something with your OS on it

No

The case is a bit more complex Brian

wtf I love Google now

here is a perfect analogy:
>produce a car stereo
>Toyota sells a car with your stereo
>get fined for violating the law in Europe because someone else sold a car with your stereo in it.
what do you not understand? this is quite simple.

I can only hope this is ironic.

Attached: 1527298489744.jpg (450x450, 28K)

This guy knows what's up

>Explaining a 12536 pages legal case with a car analogy
>Toyota

Attached: wojak_07.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg (710x473, 116K)

no it's more like

>make car stereo
>toyota sells car with your stereo
>stereo is integral to car running
>you then pay other car makers to use your stereo exclusively and other components
>you then force toyota and others using your stereo to be forbidden to release another car without your stereo components
>you then admit that illegal payments have stopped since 2011 (when the EU said they will investigate)
>you do all this while operating a business in the EU with thousands of staff members

i cbf making an analogy for the search engine shit

Coca Cola can't force you to buy their piss water unless they lobby in order to make it very difficult for competitors to arise and succeed.

Attached: wojak_01.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg (710x823, 129K)

But it have electrolytes.

they don't need to lobby shit
>can I have a pepsi
>is coke okay?
see also: intel paying laptop manufacturers if they only sell intel, same shit google is doing with android now

You do realize the company that was fined was Google Ireland, a separate company to Google California.

the dumb boomer thinks google is an american company and only operates within in the us

Reminder that ad companies are not tech companies.

hahahahahahahahahahaha
Fuck Google in all its forms. It is evil and has to be stopped by any means necessary.

Ironically, a company based in ireland for the sole purpose of avoiding various European countries' business taxes....but that's another case.

more like
>innovative business owner produces car stereos
>spend money on RND
>get a great contract with toyota
>spend money to build up relationships with other carmakers to use his stereo
>sign a mutually beneficial exclusivity contract because consumers love my stereo
>this is technically illegal
>some corrupt eurocrat decides to shut you down because you didnt pay the customary bribes

>It's like complaining that you can't use the MS Core Fonts or DirectX DLLs on WINE without agreeing to Microsoft's EULA.
But you can.

As a consumer this is a very weird situation we're placed in. Because fundamentally, competition is good, and for that reason, companies need to be able to fork android and offer end-users choice in software.
But then we have the whole other issue imposed on us by the android ecosystem; Keeping our software up-to-date and secured.
The whole reason why google is coercing companies to do this is to help consolidate the android ecosystem so that you don't have a billion different versions floating around, as that makes it very difficult to provide any semblance of security to these devices... and it's for that reason you'd want every device to use clean android, with only Play Store and no other marketplace, to minimize the risk of malicious software being installed through user-error (because regardless of whose fault it is that a phone has malicious software installed, the blame gets dumped on google etc.).
Though I think simply not including Google Chrome as part of the default package and instead prompting users to choose a web browser themselves on first time startup would be a very simple fix for the browser situation.
The search app situation could be solved in a similar way.

>Defending jewgle
Good goy.

>>sign a mutually beneficial exclusivity contract because consumers love my stereo

>thinks it's mutual
>thinks it's beneficial

Here's the thing with antitrust laws:

If you sell a product for really really cheap, you're violating antitrust laws because you're dumping

If you sell a product much more expensive than your competitors, you must have a monopoly so you're in violation of antitrust laws

If you sell your product at the same price as your competitors you're colluding; it must be collusion since you're all selling it at the same price

Antitrust is completely at the discretion of the regulator and that is what authoritarians love. They love laws that are not clear, not objective so they can pick and choose who to go after and who not to.

Microsoft didn't spend a dime in lobbying back in the early-mid 90s until they were accused of antitrust violations when providing Internet Explorer for free to the public when Netscape Navigator was a paid product. Google, Microsoft, Apple, all these companies have now learned to spend huge sums on money on lobbying the government and the consumer ends up getting fucked in the ass.

The car manufacturer gets a healthy paycheck and a kickass stereo. If they don't like it then they should just make their own stereo. I spent a lot of money on making my stereo and should get paid for it.

Signing implies choice. Unless you're coerced you'd sign things that you thought were beneficial to yourself.

Google are the communists.

Glad that they don't have any governmental authority like the EU in that case!

By complaining about it on Twitter like a faggot.

could you imagine defending a multi billion dollar company for engaging in anti consumer and anti trust practices

FOR FREE

i'd love to see all this defense if apple every gets fined for something

>software Google gives away for free
That doesn't give Google the right to do all it wants.

You mean U.S. has taken advantage of EU?

If Google wants access to the european market it has to submit to european law.

>using possessive pronouns
yes goy, all you should care about is "our" companies, "our" government and "our" country.