This came out over a decade ago

>this came out over a decade ago

new phones still can't do a single thing this thing can't.

Attached: 33783559-2-1333-OVR-1[1].jpg (830x467, 49K)

It doesn't have a compass, it doesn't have a 12mp camera, it isn't capable of of 3g let alone LTE, should I go on?

it came out in 2009 you dumbass

it has 3g, and everything else is a meaningless spec bump

nearly a decade then

>it isn't capable of of 3g
>the 16 year old boomer who does not know anything about anything that happened more than a few years ago

Yeah, the Droid 2 was the first of the Droids with 3G

first moto droid had 3g. If it wasn't for purposely bloated software to obsolete older hardware it would be flat out better than the shit on the market today

>actual buttons
>removable battery
>sd card
>durable as fuck compared to glass shit

How embarrassing, you're actually dumb

Nigger, I got one of these on release day and rooted it in the parking lot of the Best Buy. It was so easy in those days. It most emphatically did have 3G and did everything meaningful a modern smartphone does. The only thing keeping me from considering having one laying around now for fucking around purposes was the anemically low amount of RAM. Other than that, it was great and I used it all the way up to 2011 or 2012 whenver the Galaxy Nexus came out.

And just for the record.
>Droooooooiiiiiiiiiid

The g1 was the best phone design of all time. Droid was acceptable. I'm currently using a Key2 and it's okay. Phones are getting worse in design, but better in specs. fuck that

Attached: t-mobile-g1.jpg (645x523, 81K)

Ha! I'm the guy who just posted I still have my G1. My favorite phone of all time.

Attached: IMG_0017.jpg (3264x2448, 1.33M)

>actual buttons

Anyone whose spent time on modern touch screens is faster than with a tiny ass keyboard. I'm way faster than I ever was with my HTC fuze.

Less bezels and lose the side panel with physical menu buttons and it would be good. Android doesn't really need those anymore since it has long been optimized for keyboardless phones.

Nobody is saying that modern Android phones aren't great or that Android isn't well optimized for software keyboards but as an owner of both the phones in this thread during their heyday, don't just throw the baby out with the bathwater. It's cool being able to type without the screen being covered up with the keyboard. Also, for emulators, the keyboards com in handy. Yes, I am a touch screen swyping convert but the hard keyboard phones are great too in their own way.

I only meant the menu buttons and the giant area reserved for them, not the actual QWERTY keyboard. A full physical keyboard is not a bad thing. As you said, it allows more screen estate for the actual content.

Is this the "cool late 2000's pocket devices" thread?

Attached: img_DSCN2796.jpg (1476x1078, 884K)

Its not worth the added weight, size or cost to add a keyboard for 99.9 percent of the market. If I'm emulating ill get a controller or a separate keyboard. They are pointless.

Toasting

Attached: IMG_0001.jpg (1000x750, 828K)

Its clamshell but this phone is still awesome.

If you could hand me a modern G1 I would also be very happy.

Attached: Gemini_PDA_Sailfish.jpg (904x678, 110K)

>Its not worth the added weight, size or cost to add a keyboard for 99.9 percent of the market. If I'm emulating ill get a controller or a separate keyboard. They are pointless.
Well, it was worth it on the G1. When I bought it, there was no soft keyboard. Like it just didn't exist at all. Hence the keyboard. Where's your God now?

I had an N770 and for the era, it was the shit. Freaking thing crashed constantly. It was fun though. Did the hack where you remove the proprietary external storage thing and put regular sd cards in. Also tried every permutation of Maemo to get it just so. Never really got it the way I wanted though. Those were good times. Then it died. I still keep thinking about getting another one.
Do I need this?

>moving parts
not even once

Why not? My G1 still works perfectly which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for any LG phone I've every had (G2 and Nexus 5X both boot looping pieces of shit).

>and he has floral pattern sheets
High tier taste.

Attached: hardness.webm (640x480, 122K)

My dudes.

Attached: image.jpg (1334x750, 991K)

'member maddox's article about his Nokia E70? haha hell yeah

Attached: gramps35.gif (803x540, 135K)

NIce

Attached: 1518109443094.jpg (2048x1151, 599K)

This thing was and still is so incredibly ahead of its time.
Original Voyager came out in two thousand fucking seven

Attached: file.png (1321x488, 1.59M)

If you think this was ahead of it's time, I have no idea what you'd think about Nokia Communicators from almost two decades ago.

Attached: img_1508371201212.jpg (2000x1500, 1.85M)

>16:11, 1920x1320 plasma display
>Slide out physical keyboard that functions as a trackpad with a pointing stick and can rotate on it's back so you can use it in landscape mode
>4000 mAH battery with a SD625 for maximum battery life
>space bar that functions as a home button when no text field is selected
>2 reprogrammable keys on the bottom left and right that can be used as settings or back or other features if you prefer onscreen
>dual front facing speakers
>a decent camera but not the best so it doesn't become overpriced

Attached: ThinkPhone.png (497x1023, 356K)

Maddox is faggot now

stereo front facing speakers don't work so well for devices this small as well as stereo side speakers do

Like how does that even work? You can run windows ARM binaries. True if big

hold the fuck up
>clear, DSLR-style photos
>console-quality gaming
>the ability to remote into your PC on the go
>streaming media over LTE
>VR capabilities
>semi-modularity
>improved durability
>vastly improved battery life
>vastly improved ability to sustain signal
>ability to use up to 10 touch points at once for typing, composing music, playing games, etc
>ability to near-instantaneously conduct internet searches for research and entertainment
>ability to track users who opt into the botnet and serve them useful info right when or even before they want it
>accurate fucking GPS (former G1 owner here)
>cosmetic theming
>onboard machine learning for instanced/node-based AI applications
All of this is meaningless to you?

You can run both x86 and ARM binaries if you have both x86 and ARM Wine.
You can use Qemu-i386 (but ExaGear is much faster) for x86. This will also let you run x86 Linux binaries in general.

Attached: qemui3861.jpg (1024x768, 592K)

I've had an N900, droid 2 global, droid 4 and photon Q. Each was better than the last. None of these phones were available in Canada besides the N900 which i got 2G edge data on.

I literally bought the photon Q off eBay and had it shipped to some dutch guy to mod in a simslot I was so desperate for a keyboard. Greatest phone, but a shame it's just so dated now. Just had to get used to swype typing.

Photon Q is the only one of these really useful in 2018.

so fucking comfy
it's like the x220 of phones
god I miss it. need a modern update.

>rotating BlackBerry with ThinkClit (TM)
gibs me dat

Practically all of that applies to the OG Droid just to a slightly lesser degree, hence "spec bump". I had one and the qualitative differences between it and my Google Pixel are miniscule. Quantitative differences abound but that's just the nature of spec bumping over the course of a few years. If all I had was the OG Droid, I wouldn't feel handicapped in any way. I wouldn't think it was great, just an older slower smartphone. I can still take decent pictures, play games (keyboard is hella good for emulation), remote into my PC, stream media, conduct internet searches, use GPS, cosmeticly theme, and whatever else. Not sure what you're on or if you have even used an OG Droid or not.

Nice bedsheets, want to fuck?

Attached: 007.gif (200x200, 735K)

load a modern website in less than 10 seconds

What's a modern website for example?

most personal computers struggle with this desu

>consumerist gimmicks
Not technology.

I don't know, the OG Droid had a TI OMAP running at like 600 MHz I think but if you rooted, you could overclock it to like 1 GHz and some maniacs even ran it at 1200 MHz if I recall (mine wouldn't go that high). The screen was only 854x480 so it didn't really have to push that many pixels. I bet with a good ad blocking host file, it could load just about any website in less than 10 seconds aside from some of these SPA monstrosities we have today that aren't even worth going to anyway. Worst case, you could just use Opera mobile which will load anything in 2 seconds flat just not with all the bells and whistles (yes, I know why). I wish I still had mine, I'd test it out.