What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: image.png (546x269, 34K)

Compulsory namefagging

Was it the original developers who did this?
I mean, they did sell once it blew up right?

cant have hate facts spreading around

The phone as a communication system affects the mentality of it's posters. Additionally I believe it used a shitty upvote system iirc. Upvote systems = cancer and mobilefags are mobilefags

There was literally no way to monetize it.

There was, and 5 negative votes means the post gets deleted. So anything even mildly controversial was censored.

It stopped being anonymous.

Alright what the fuck is it even

Who?

Forcing people to give up their personal information to post anonymously... Who else is excited about the idea lel

Moderation

Don't think so.

How the fuck were you gonna profit from if? Yeah that’s what went wrong

Pay to reveal other's identities.

I rarely used it (mostly on the shitter) but damn does that logo bring back college memories. I'll never be 19 again.

Promoted posts or banner ads like 4chin

How old are you now?
21?

They rode it all the way down.

There's nothing "sticky" about yikyak. Its only value is the content produced by its users, which has to be both hyperlocal and current to be interesting. They scared off their userbase by removing anonymity.

hes 42, it's been ~20 years since 2015 user

>2015 was 20 years ago

Attached: 1509472173173.jpg (320x320, 21K)

Herds was the only worthwile feature on that app. Being able to shitpost with other students from your college is pretty important while you're in your bumfuck hometown.

They removed it during the summer, a time when most college students were away from their schools and would have been relying on Herds. Forcing handles pissed a lot of people off, but removing herds put the final nail in the coffin of Yik Yak.