This is shit

No argument,pure facts, end of convo.

Attached: 1200px-ISO_C++_Logo.svg.png (1200x1349, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pzemtsov.github.io/2018/07/18/building-queue-from-cpp-to-java.html
techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r15&hw=ph&test=db
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What language do you recommend?

>end of convo.
ok. then no need for this thread.

not OP but I like scheme

>t. pajeet

Nah, it's great... it was my first language and i remember it with a lot of nostalgy... i remember making games with it using SFML when i was 15... coming back from school hurry to makes games because no one noticed me ever.

Now i'm into javascript because i need money and is easier to get a job.

not OP, but i like assembly (intel).

I can relate to this so much.

C++

It is worth learning about 40% of c++. The rest is useless.

This is my life

Attached: hbVaz12.gif (700x525, 801K)

How many languages can do this?
std::multimap, foo> fuck;

>as an alternative to C++

dang, this looks intuitive as fuck. Thanks, OP.

>66822621
use multimap::MultiMap;
let fuck: MultiMap;

oh boy

java can probably do that, right?

>have to import multimap from a Google lib
>have to roll your own tuple class or import it from other lib
>can't even use collections with primitive types
>not to mention that pointers aren't a thing

fuck

but i bet any use-case where you'd need a pair of int and int pointer pointing to some type can probably be simplified anyway.

not OP but Rust

Shilling cpp hate is just a tactics that will secure oldfag jobs and increase their salaries

>Riding bike without support wheels sucks, because I can fall into the ground.

Why is it still standard for vidya development?

Libraries, culture and Microsoft.

there are a few improvements over C mainly string class but it's too much of shit to be used instead of C.

if there was a compiled language that has built-in string type and automatic memory management but still allow you to do low level stuff like pointers and as minimalist as C it would be awesome.

wait a minute, there is such language, it;s called Go.

>Go

Attached: 1512325771221.jpg (600x600, 33K)

> >Go

Attached: nobrain3.png (600x600, 80K)

> > >Go fuck yourselves

C++ is the best OO language, comfy af and is here to stay with projects like LLVM, Clang, LLDB and so on.
>Muh error handling
git gud
>Muh speed
there's no faster OO language, in terms of dev AND actual running time.

git fucked u plebs

>muhh exceptions
>muh 10% performance penalty
why C++lets never learn

>He thinks performance doubled with safety doesn't matter.
There's no other language that gives you good performance, good safety, and a shitton of resources.

Agreed. Java and C++ is all you need.

Yes, don't learn C++.
Learn something like Javascript. Making websites is fun!

t.guy who wants his job security in high performance engineering

Why did you even put Java next to C++, are you that desperate to shit on C++ you're just stooping this low?

Both are languages that have good performance, a large ecosystem and enable you to build large scale distributed systems

Why would you post this, I don't even know if you're trolling or not.

>java

Attached: nobrain2.jpg (645x729, 135K)

I tell the gullible freshmen in my university to go for Javascript and make big bucks designing websites with a dozen different stacks whenever I visit.
I tell them that C++ is garbage, it's complex and only old greybeards specializing in esoteric topics like compilers use it.
Notice how the important compilers like gcc and clang are free? That's right, you won't make any money from it.

But I don't tell them that I work in distributed computing / HFT and architect software written in C++.
It's crazy hard, I worked my ass off a lot of times, but it's worth it.
Whenever I feel like I want a raise, I just casually surf LinkedIn at work and my boss will ask if I want a raise, because it's so hard to find other high performance programmers who can tease out every bit of performance that a piece of hardware offers.

I troll Jow Forums in language wars threads because it's fun

>shitting on java because you have no clue

I like c++. it is a great language but dont shit on Java just cause C++ is all you know professionally.
pzemtsov.github.io/2018/07/18/building-queue-from-cpp-to-java.html
techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r15&hw=ph&test=db

Threads like this are why I don't take Jow Forums seriously.

>muh javascript
>muh meme languages
>lol c++ is too hard

When you're ready to work on something medium or large scale you'll learn your only options are C or C++.

or Java

java programming is no different than filling tax forms, even more boring, i had to write java for android few times, and it was the worst time of my career.

What is this supposed to prove? Obviously certain types of programs will have marginal performance differences, but Java is pretty bloated and does too much shit automatically, for enterprise-tier solutions it is good enough.
But for demanding scientific-tier software or graphics intensive you have to be retarded to not see C++ is many times more efficient and faster, there is a reason it isn't used for 3D rendering, embedded systems, etc.
2/10 you made me reply, I wrote this more for the people who might take your post seriously than for you.

You don't know modern java then

Where you need raw numerical performance you drop down to c, that is true for c++ too. DL4J and ND4J is a prime example that you can do scientific computing in java.

>there's no faster OO language, in terms of dev AND actual running time.
>my software runs 10% faster
>but have no customers because another company that used java shipped 3 months before me

Not OP but c++

the latter entry is an int*, not an int, so you'd have to start dealing with pointers which don't really mesh will with rust idioms or have the latter entry be an &i32 at which point you have lifeline stuff to manage

then again it's worth asking why you're using a pointer as part of a key in the first place