What's the oldest computer you use on a daily basis?

What's the oldest computer you use on a daily basis?

Attached: Ibm_pc_5150.jpg (1280x1189, 168K)

My 2018 MacBook Pro i9 15"

this. I love apple so much. The newest macbook is just perfect.

consumerism is a disease

2008 vaio c2d laptop
2008 compaq pentium desktop with 1gb ram - used as a home server

mid-08 not-unibody macbook
very comfy and reminds me of owning a flip phone

X220 (i5-2540, 8GB RAM, SSD)

ThickBad X60

Pentium 75 MHz with 64 MB of RAM, an S3 Virge DX, Soundblaster 16 16bit ISA (without the hanging note bug), and an 8GB CF-card for an HDD. Its nice to come home from work and play DOS games natively.

Attached: Bliss.jpg (1200x627, 123K)

Natively - but not very well. I can think of several DOS games right of the top of my head (Carmageddon, Slipstream 5000, Quake, Descent 2) that would jerk and judder noticeably on such hardware - especially in SVGA.

Pemtium III 800EB + 4x128mb SDRAM + ATI AGP 4650 1gb DDR2 + Crunchbang++ OS + 64gb SSD
No Intel ME, runs fast

My Atari one

That's what the shitbox PC is for: Windows 98SE 800Mhz Athlon w/ 512MB RAM is for, plus some late windows 98-era games as well. I hilariously have a geforce FX 5900 in it, which works great for glide emulation.

Both PCs were built entirely from junk found at e-recycling centers for nearly peanuts.

Attached: Burning.gif (234x249, 269K)

I actually had a similar machine (Coppermine P3, ACTUAL FUCKING VOODOO 2) for always-blazing performance on later model DOS games. Early DOS games, though, probably shouldn't be run anything later than a 386 - but good luck finding one of those in working order.

We may have different definitions of "fast"

I have a really neat 386 workstation motherboard I found while digging for parts. Its beat to hell but it has some potential and would probably need some components replaced. I have a bunch of 486 boards too, which I nearly used for my older DOS PC.

The reality is that I kinda skipped the 386 computing era when I was growing up. So, to better reflect what I was nostalgic for, I decided to build a windows 95 that is able to be down clocked slow enough to run earlier DOS games that the 75 MHz processor is too fast for in the event I wanted to play much older titles. There's plenty of DOS software that allows for that sort of manipulation, even on the fly.

Voodoo cards are kinda memes. They're so highly sought after now and they're so expensive as a result. The drivers were HORRIBLE, if you can recall and if they're used in a retro build, they're kinda limiting. They do have that unique glide feeling, of course, but now-a-days you can get the same feeling by using a beefy as fuck video card for the era (like the later FX series cards) and use a glide wrapper. I promise you can't tell the difference (I have a voodoo 2 and a voodoo 3 that sit on the shelf because the FX's drivers just werk).

Noice hardware. Hope you get results from it. Sadly, even just sitting around, entropy dictates that most of it would be dead by now.

Because I'm an old bastard (recently turned 41), my first PC was a 386SX-20, and even then, the odd game would freak out when faced with a 386 CPU and TWO FUCKING MEGABYTES of RAM. Even more went nuts (early Might and Magic titles, Lemmings, etc.) when I moved up to a 486 in my teenage years; I used those old turbo buttons heavily. At the time, CPU-burning TSRs and the like weren't really a thing, and could get in the way of 386/486 vintage CPUs a bit too much: in those days of PIO hard disks, they killed I/O performance too.

Voodoos are memes now, but at the turn of the century they weren't: Glide emulation was in its infancy, and as such way, way worse than the (agreed shitty) 3dfx drivers. But not being a real retro hound, when the motherboard in that P3 died in late 00s, I just threw it away and switched to DOSBox for the freaky games that demanded DOS, and until PCem matured, later-model games could (generally) be bare-metalled under 98SE's DOS mode.

Nowadays, I just hit PCem to scratch my retrogaming itch - which I get less and less as I age (sadly?).

Thinkpad T410s I got used from NewEgg in 2014.

The CPU maxes out if I have too many YouTube tabs open, and the entire OS slows to a halt. I have to close everything and wait a few minutes for the fan to calm down. I don't dare play games other than visual novels.

33 years old. Once I have cash available I want to build my first gaming PC.

Hp pavilion dv6-3005eq that is 6 years old. The sad thing is that overheating piece of garbage uses to be my daily driver until a couple months ago

This is why you shouldn't update apps on your phone. Eventually the apps become too demanding and you have to buy a new phone.

2018 Ryzen 7 1800x
that's the only I have anyway...

>on a daily basis
phone.dot.dot.dot

Dell Latitude D810 from 2005
>Pentium M 780 2.26GHz (fastest they made)
>2GB DDR2
>60GB IDE drive
>1680x1050 15.4" LCD

I'm running Windows 8.1 on it. It runs really well for what it is. I usually use it for importing photos from my DSLR, and processing them in Fireworks.

I think my netbook with a celeron runs higher than 800mhz

Enjoy your house fire, faggot.

Attached: 6181cef671bc4622b0857a91931c111b.png (1353x1600, 1.38M)

for some definition of "use": a 2007 dell low profile pc running pfsense.

SLEEP TIGHT, COMFY SUN.

Just ordered a sun blade 1000 few days ago, that don't have inspector/meltdown or else ME/PSP.

how do i getted open ISAs?

:)

Sleep tight, comfy Sun.

2007 HP 2510p.

it's my backup laptop for when my x220 is broken (eg now).

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1600x1008, 217K)

SLEEP TIGHT, COMFY SUN

My personal PC was built using an i5 Intel haswell. Little mini itx board. 16 GB ram, a couple 250 GB Samsung SSDs. An Nvidia 960 on board. If I played games more, I'd upgrade to at least an x70 card. Haven't had any issues. I just bought a Windows prefab PC for business so I might migrate my Win 10 pro version to the business PC and put Linux back on to my personal machine.

The desktop I put together in January 2017.