2020 year of the loonix?

Is 2020 finally the year of Linux?
>windows 7 is kill
>people hesitant with windows 10 and don't want to play Russian Roulette with every update
>Macfags throttling hardware / too expensive

Is this finally it lads? Will Gentoo rise to the top?

Attached: images (1).jpg (512x287, 15K)

muh games

Attached: 1494707913065.jpg (1065x991, 74K)

Nothing will change

By 2020 only normalfags will be remaining in gaming. Nerds and incels will actually have to find a new hobby.

People will just keep on using it. The ones scared to death of getting hacked and ransomware will probably just use whatever new computers come with.

Linux is too autistic for normal people. Why do none of you understand this.

Not even basic distros? They're super easy and intuitive.

Roughly half of all the installs I've done of various distros resulted in some form of driver incompatibility or bug that prevented functionality. Sure all of them were simple to resolve, but there's no way some average guy/gal is going to spend time debugging that stuff instead of just using an OS where everything "just werks"

>windows 7 is kill

Attached: 1388095898220.jpg (602x483, 98K)

>Nerds and incels will actually have to find a new hobby.
I'm pretty sure you are already too busy ricing your linux distro to game anyway.

Linux is getting more and more games, i hope that all the developers will create linux versions of their games so that nonplebs could play games

No, because 7 is currently supported until October 2021. And even with no updates, it's still better than Linex will ever be.

Cant see a browser with hardware acceleration for playing videos anywhere in Linux, so no.

Attached: niggagoforit.gif (500x281, 78K)

>vista failure
no efforts to make desktop linux mainstream
>win 10 failure
no efforts to make desktop linux mainstream

even ubuntu makers ignored opportunity

Attached: 1280x720-UNq.jpg (480x480, 34K)

Linux need some kind of "certified" hardware+software that is guaranteed (and made for) specifically linux.

Right now you can't even use modern things like mice, keyboards etc that have anything custom because all the software is Windows only, same with sound cards and etc etc the list goes on.

Apple did it right, made an entire fucking ecosystem and brand out of it.

Literally just make apple 2

This. These Loonix tards just use old, shit business laptops and wouldn't even know how to start an epic kill streak. Gamers push technology forward, Loonix tards hold it back.

Gamers are part of the reason why Windows is so shit now. Windows 10 is basically made for gamers and facecrack fanatics. The best versions of Windows ever made were for business use.

Yeah, ok, Loontard. I can't hear you over the sound of Battlefield, bitch.

Windows 10 tan always wins.

Attached: 1504315273831.png (980x909, 626K)

gamers doesn't even have 10% market share
they are irrelevant

Attached: 575150085DEB4709AD08F0D09D053B99.jpg (800x601, 76K)

No. Because linux is more broken and retarded than windows 10 and mac

No.

The only thing that's going to change is Chrome will continue to take a bigger market share. People are slowly starting to realize they don't need a full desktop/laptop OS to do everything, if anything Linux is in the worst position its ever been for trying to convince normies to use it because they're going to leave Windows for something even simpler.

If you like Linux, just keep using it, but don't expect anyone else to.

>>windows 7 is kill
who gives a shit? most people who using windows7 already use the the pirated sp1 version and they don't even update it, no shits given whatsoever, i'm one of them and my OS still works fine
>b-but muh exploits
exploits work on you if your browser is shit, get a non-shit browser.

in fact there's people still running winXP RIGHT NOW no shits given, no problem whatsoever.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Too bad retarded hipster linux users can't take criticism for their retarded OS.

100% of them will just insult you for pointing out a problem.

(OP)
>Is 2020 finally the year of Linux?
i'll just kms when the time comes

Attached: 1374036848018.jpg (983x758, 106K)

Nope, people will just stay on Win7 like few people still are on WinXP. Some might move to ReactOS

>Windows 10

Attached: garbage.png (976x645, 312K)

>what is dual boot

Attached: moron.png (726x463, 55K)

>maybe if I post this for the 47 billionth time it'll come true!

Attached: 1528938321936.jpg (533x700, 81K)

Well what for?

Linix based systems are very good right now. Popularity will only make things worse.

na, ima install 8.1 on my gaymen pc in 2020 to gain 2 more years
laptop will probatly stay on open pepe/we non neckbeard distro i fancy at that time

Attached: 1499871145960.png (1732x1442, 347K)

People won't know about Linux even then, unless you can buy it from the store. They could be interested if they knew about it, but they won't. You have to be interested in computers to stumble upon Linux at some point. If you just browse Facebook you'll never hear about it. If you don't know it exists you don't know to miss it. If people don't want Windows 10 they will either buy Macs or Android tablets (without knowing it has Linux too). Windows might lose the rest of the users it still has (I think it was about 30%) but people won't swap it to desktop Linux unless there's someone selling preinstalled devices or installation services. Even the installation service should ensure that people weren't going to game with it, just in case.

based Thin PC, heres guessing they extend support at least 2 more years to public

At this point I'm never switching to Linux just because I'm sick of people telling me how great it is.

no idea, OP, and I don't really care. Happy on Tumbleweed with KDE for now. Windows 10 can suck my member.

>Macfags throttling hardware / too expensive
I love when you guys tell me about all these issues I'm supposed to have that I don't. Throttling? I have yet to experience any sort of performance issues on my 2017 iMac. It does everything I need with no hiccups, from compiling to digital painting. As for "too expensive?" Well, I'm not poor, and macs tend to hold their value pretty well over the years anyways, so when I'm ready to get a new computer, it's not like I'll have to pay for it from scratch.

2015-2017 were the years of the Linux Desktop for me. Mac is Linux with Adobe. Please keep posting throttling graphs and issues that literally don't even apply to me, it's at least entertaining

>BSD/Mach Kernel shitfest is Linux
>paid for laptop hardware in a desktop machine
lmao at ur lyfe

I'll probably stick to Win7 for a good year or two after support ends since I don't need any features of Win10, and don't want Win10 for a million other reasons.
After that, I'm eyeballing to VM everything in Cubes OS. I've got a decent job now, I'll just fucking buy 32-64 gigs of RAM and do it and stop worrying about MS's intentions. I'll run muh games and media software in a VM abstracted away from everything else.
The fact that Ryzen chips are now giving consumer level PCs a large amount of cores solved one piece of the puzzle to make this work, now I just hope RAM pricing will be a bit more reasonable when I do eventually make the plunge.

The change start with yourself only.
It is the year of leenix for you? It is for me, the year of gentoo leenix.

2020 is the official EOS date for Win7.

So yes, it's kill.

>boyfriends online
which runs fine on wine anyways, if you know what you're doing.

You misspelled Ubuntu.

will not be an issue in a few years.

>people will just stay on Win7 like few people still are on WinXP
Yeah, like 2% lmao

Ubuntu is buggier and more bloated than Windows 10 and a lot of other popular distros. The only thing it will ever be found in is third worlder netbooks.

because most of the time linucks doesn't have driver issues that need debugging. it's only certain vendors that cause issues because (((they))) refuse to release even proprietary drivers. it's not like windows users don't run into issues all the time either.
gnu/linux is not for normalfags because it doesn't have the programs they want to use. that's the only reason. android is successful; apple shit uses bsd which is even more autistic than loonux. the reason is that they have programs or features normalfags want.
there's also the inertia in switching even if there are no driver issues or program availability issues because normalfags don't consider FREEEEEDOMs important as long as their instagram and twitter load.

>Extended support ends on January 14, 2020.
NOOOOOO

Ur wrong.

>don't want to play Russian Roulette with every update
so what are you installing instead of linux?

Its like you say some popular loonix distro is not a russian rolette

this happened to me many times
>install ubuntu or literally any distro
>perfectly working laptop
>update
>screen goes back to 800x600
>all laptop indicators are blinking
>wifi drivers not installed

She's the kind of girl to look through all your messages with people while playing it off as a joke

LMAO
NOPE

>inb4 muh gaymes dullards think they're relevant

Attached: OS.png (390x640, 37K)

Mint is far better about it then many other distros but still can break between upgrades.
Never seen a Linux distro that's immune to it.

>deciding your personal choices based on people being too passionate for your liking
You are a sad, malleable man

maybe if gayben hadn't botched steam machine and steam controllers so bad there might have actually been some potential

Attached: muh_games.jpg (536x582, 54K)

>deciding your personal choices based on things being too popular for your liking
You are a sad, malleable man

>he fell for the Nvidia on a laptop meme
If you really have that much of a shitfest laptop that updates will break it (no, it's not common) then you should be using Debian stable. The updates break absolutely nothing at any point.

Attached: 1481892634492.gif (640x360, 1.55M)

Isn't it weird how after decades, none of the linux tards have been able to make a worthwhile distro for desktop?

>when gaymurrs without employment have top of the line Intel+nVidia rigs and all the 'employed' NEETs on Jow Forums can't afford to upgrade their obsolete AMD pajeetboxes
Really jolts the bolts

>Hipster meme
Nice try. I actually use it because I like it, shockingly enough

>I actually use it because I like it, shockingly enough
Nice try.

Attached: linuxwillalwaysfail.png (1813x103, 30K)

I keep getting my friends into Linux and talking about it. I'm doing all i can do.

>I'm trying to exclusively use Windows software on an operating system that is nothing like Windows, nevermind there are native alternatives
>I also install Linux on the most incompatible hardware I was able to find because I'm a brainlet that breathes manually
>heeeey why is it not working properly????
>man this Linux shit is so bad
kys

Attached: 1511087961343.png (657x539, 110K)

Is 2014 finally the year of Lincucks?
>windows XP is kill
>people don't want 7, it's gonna burn down their computers
>can't afford macs lol

The thing is, with every single iteration microsoft been cucking windows users since 98. And you still eat it up. 10 wouldn't be different.

sent from my hackintosh

Who are you quoting?

I don't have a windows meme saved to retaliate with, so you win

Attached: 1494755452692.jpg (856x1144, 69K)

but i like the steam controller

>alternatives
You can always out someone who's mentally ill if they suggest software like GIMP as an alternative.

Your life up until now. Want to hear the future while we're at it?
>man those tide pods look delicious, I bet no one will notice if I eat half the package

just a prank bro

What about my life up until now?

Also, who are you quoting?

Linux and firefox should have low market share forever. Being popular isn't necessarily good.

Please tell me if it's worth doing the SLIC injection which will allow me to activate 7 ultimate on GPT on my UEFI motherboard.

????
Just just Win7 Loader

I need to enable legacy boot for daz loader.

Dude, the breathing. You're forgetting it again. Remember it's in, out, in, out, not out out out. Did you lose the piece of paper that had that written down on? Judging by your current social skills you're maybe 10 seconds away from passing out.

Attached: 1531580094703.jpg (877x1024, 191K)

Have to*. Doing the slic injection will supposedly circumvent that.

Is this what open source humor looks like?

Can you not?

Use 7 Enterprise and activate it with Microsoft Toolkit.

>open source humor
The license of that joke is BTFO. You may use it but only in situations where it renders the opponent permanently speechless. No other restrictions.

The pastebin told me to do it.
Thank you. This seems like a good option.

>The pastebin told me to do it
Thats fairly silly since you can still use GPT for >2TB drives with legacy booting, but whatever.

/thread

Based, windows 7 is obsolete garbage and needs to die.

Attached: 1504314431324.jpg (858x1200, 758K)

lol

Attached: GIF.gif (330x670, 1.02M)

windows 7 will stop working after 2020 or are you one of those faggots who think people will stop using 7 because there will be no more updates?

>he doesn't know how to change file indexing options
It's like I'm really on /v/

I plan on using Win10 on an offline machine after 2020. I will use a Rasberry piconnected to the net and a kvm switch to browse the net and download/upload files. I'll share files locally between the two machines. The Win10 machine will never be connected to the internet. I need Windows for my program and workflows unfoftunately.

don't mind that retard he posts the same video in every win10 thread

No, many people don't give a fuck about updates. I've installed a Win7 SP1 on my machine, and never applied any update. I have never received a single virus, most of the ports are blocked, and I don't download anything that I don't trust. Win7 is not for brainlets like you.

Ahahahah

Attached: GIF.gif (793x684, 717K)

Works on my machine

lolok

Attached: GIF.gif (330x670, 496K)

>Posting a 2-builds-ago bug
Holy shit what a retard

I don't understand why you retards want the "Year of Linux" to happen. If normies flood the Linux ecosystem, its only gonna make things worse.
Pic related

Attached: 1lc2290fyw0z.jpg (2404x1260, 827K)

Attached: 2305863_0.jpg (630x630, 35K)

>muh winblows 10 homo edition with forced updates
fuck off

Attached: GIF.gif (330x670, 905K)

This

Not sure how fucked up his install so bad. I guess that's why you don't use botnet bootloaders.